CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 15, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #25,456 of 31,833
I have been listening to the TinHifi T2+ for a few days now.

My only experience with the brand was the original TinAudio T2, which sounded great but I could never get a good fit which always made me sad.

I skipped all future releases (Pro, T3, T4) because they all used the same basic shell design, so I figured I’d have fitment problems with those too.

As soon as I saw the T2+ with its improved shell, I immediately knew that I was going to give them a blind chance. And boy I’m glad I did. The T2+ is what I always wanted the original T2 to be. Great TinHifi quality, great TinHifi sound, great fit.

It even has a little extra low end kick, which is the other thing people wanted to see changed with the original T2. No vent tape mod needed with the Plus; it’s ready to go right out of the box.

If you have a chance to pick up a set, definitely go for it!

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #25,457 of 31,833

My only experience with the brand was the original TinAudio T2, which sounded great but I could never get a good fit which always made me sad.

I skipped all future releases (Pro, T3, T4) because they all used the same basic shell design, so I figured I’d have fitment problems with those too.

As soon as I saw the T2+ with its improved shell, I immediately knew that I was going to give them a blind chance. And boy I’m glad I did. The T2+ is what I always wanted the original T2 to be. Great TinHifi quality, great TinHifi sound, great fit.

It even has a little extra low end kick, which is the other thing people wanted to see changed with the original T2. No vent tape mod needed with the Plus; it’s ready to go right out of the box.

I'll order a pair for myself. It looks like it has a bright character but what gets my attention is that they imaging and soundstage. Seems like they did a good job with these.

Aug 15, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #25,458 of 31,833
I'll order a pair for myself. It looks like it has a bright character but what gets my attention is that they imaging and soundstage. Seems like they did a good job with these.

Yes, bright treble is TinHifis house sound. Not sharp or piercing treble, just bright.

But everyone has a different level of treble comfort. So if you’re very treble sensitive, then you may want to reconsider.

Aug 15, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #25,459 of 31,833

Yep. It really is a gem, especially for the price.

Aug 15, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #25,461 of 31,833

i only got as far as the T3, i didn't try the T4 for the similar reason: I'm worried that the "T2 fit problem" would also present on the T4.

i don't like the T3 though. for similar sound i much prefer the ZS10 Pro. but i do kept the T2 pro, just because of the very unique and bright tuning.

the T2 plus bass kicks like there's a PS4 rumbler or a phone vibration inside it, the bass amount is not massive or boosted, but each kick would give a short vibration.

Aug 16, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #25,463 of 31,833
How is the detail and soundstage? I guess I am an odd listener, because I never understood the love for Blon-03's. I found them muddy sounding and closed.

I'm more than satisfied with the amount of detail both straight out of my phone and with the Sonata. For example, cymbals have sparkle and a perceivable decay, without being overwhelmingly shrill. Soundstage is also decent as far as IEMs go. The music occurs just outside your ears and I am able to locate the position of each instrument on both X and Y axes when listening with eyes closed.

Aug 16, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #25,464 of 31,833
i only got as far as the T3, i didn't try the T4 for the similar reason: I'm worried that the "T2 fit problem" would also present on the T4.

i don't like the T3 though. for similar sound i much prefer the ZS10 Pro. but i do kept the T2 pro, just because of the very unique and bright tuning.

the T2 plus bass kicks like there's a PS4 rumbler or a phone vibration inside it, the bass amount is not massive or boosted, but each kick would give a short vibration.
I actually quite like both the T2+ and T3, the latter for its very unique lean, dry and analytical tonality. I also like the ZS10 Pro but its tonality is, to my ears, quite different not the least because of the very prominent bass on the KZ. If I had to choose between the T3 and T2+, I would choose the T3. Not because the T2+ is not excellent but because the BQEYZ KB100 or KC2 could easily stand in for it. 0.02.
graph.png

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #25,466 of 31,833
I actually quite like both the T2+ and T3, the latter for its very unique lean, dry and analytical tonality. I also like the ZS10 Pro but its tonality is, to my ears, quite different not the least because of the very prominent bass on the KZ. If I had to choose between the T3 and T2+, I would choose the T3. Not because the T2+ is not excellent but because the BQEYZ KB100 or KC2 could easily stand in for it. 0.02.graph.png

the T3 is a bit of a "too much in the middle" between the forwardness and coldness of the original T2 and the V shaped sound of the likes of ZS10 pro, that's why i dont like it, as i prefer to go with the Og T2 and the ZS10Pro.

i haven't had the chance of trying any of BQEYZ, might try them in the future, but as of right now I'm quite content with the variation of sound signatures in my collection

Aug 16, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #25,469 of 31,833
So with how many thought we have currently on the T2+... How does FiiO FD1 fare against it?
I have both, and pretty much agree with this video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back