CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 13, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #25,426 of 31,833

Hey guys I recently did a cool short unboxing video on the KZ ZS3E, feel free to check it out!

As for the IEMs themselves, well, let's just say the ZS3 is pretty bad in today's chi-fi standards. But 3 years ago I'm sure they would've been considered decent.

The only thing that isn't bad, however, is their incredible noise isolating ability. I've heard this from many people and I have to say it's true, these are literally earplugs! They definitely isolate well over 30db, maybe even more. So if you hate foam earplugs and need something else, get the ZS3!

And if you want better sound quality then just go for the ZS4 and you'll basically have an earplug that plays music!

Aug 13, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #25,427 of 31,833

Hey guys I recently did a cool short unboxing video on the KZ ZS3E, feel free to check it out!

As for the IEMs themselves, well, let's just say the ZS3 is pretty bad in today's chi-fi standards. But 3 years ago I'm sure they would've been considered decent.

The only thing that isn't bad, however, is their incredible noise isolating ability. I've heard this from many people and I have to say it's true, these are literally earplugs! They definitely isolate well over 30db, maybe even more. So if you hate foam earplugs and need something else, get the ZS3!

And if you want better sound quality then just go for the ZS4 and you'll basically have an earplug that plays music!

I must admit, the original ZS3 is still to this day the worst fitting earphone of my collection. It also came with the worst cable of my collection lol... which I see they seemed to have updated on the E model. Suffice to say I gave them ten minutes and they still sit in a messy box of discarded earphones (and KZ cables).

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #25,429 of 31,833
Aug 13, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #25,430 of 31,833
Aug 13, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #25,431 of 31,833
I must admit, the original ZS3 is still to this day the worst fitting earphone of my collection. It also came with the worst cable of my collection lol... which I see they seemed to have updated on the E model. Suffice to say I gave them ten minutes and they still sit in a messy box of discarded earphones (and KZ cables).

ZS3, ZS3E, and ZS4 are either a love or hate shell. They fit some people terrible, and others they fit like CIEMs.

Aug 13, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #25,432 of 31,833
My KB 100 didn't last long. There's a high pitched metallic reverb screech thingy sound in the left side on treble frequencies. Not sure I can be bothered sending back to penon lol

Penon is really good about customer service. They probably won’t even require you to send them back.

And that’s also surprising about the BQEYZ. Their stuff is usually rock solid.

Aug 14, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #25,433 of 31,833
Listening to the T2 plus I was trying to think what they reminded me of. It was the Cambridge Audio SE1. T2 plus is somewhat brighter with a bit more detail but the SE1 really holds its own.

Aug 14, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #25,435 of 31,833
So, with the T2 and T4 in the stable and with SE1 on the way, there is no real need for T2+. My wallet is happy :wink:

And having none of those in my collection means the T2+ was a wise purchase indeed :)

Aug 14, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #25,437 of 31,833
So, with the T2 and T4 in the stable and with SE1 on the way, there is no real need for T2+. My wallet is happy :wink:
I agree. The T2+ and T4 are quite redundant. T2 and T4 are complementary.

And having none of those in my collection means the T2+ was a wise purchase indeed :)
If getting one Tin, IMHO, the T2+ is definitely where it’s at. T2 could also complement the T2+ well.

Aug 14, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #25,438 of 31,833
Most of them I get from local classified ads from people who selling their used Xperia phones. If they want to sell earphones separated and if earphones are packed as new I buy them (most of people never use their earphones after they unbox the phone). Also, I got few from ebay, but there you need to find seller with legit ones as there is big chance to get fake 750/755s.
I also want to have a pair of these. I see local sellers have them but I don't know how I can distinguish if they are original or not?

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #25,439 of 31,833
I also want to have a pair of these. I see local sellers have them but I don't know how I can distinguish if they are original or not?

Pop the back off them. In addition to the two solder blobs for the wires there are two extra blobs of solder on the circuit board. Also the tuning paper is 1/4 the diameter of the IEM. Do a search for "mh755 tuning paper" and you will find a link to the picture on here. I'm on the phone so it's a faff to share the post.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #25,440 of 31,833
Hello guys,
I’m a newbie around here and I’ve already posted a thread in the new & recommendation section regarding a budget in-ear headphones that are kinda comfortable in ear for longer usage (3-4 or maybe even more sessions). I wanna use them mainly for my pc/ iPhone(casual gaming & music), I don’t need specifically accurate sounds and I usually listen to all kind of music genre (maybe a little bit more on the bass side for techno/ house music, but also piano and high sounds, let’s say). The idea is I need a more or less budget pair with built-in microphone. A member around here recommended Jade Audio EA3 (unfortunately, not available with shipping to my country) or KBear KS2.
If you have any other recommendations (more or less 50$ or so), I’d be grateful.
Thank ya in advance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back