CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 5, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #23,297 of 31,833
Tin T4 is here, and I kinda like the sound of it. So far, a bit on the bright side, but otherwise very balanced tuning. In typical "balanced" fashion though they've killed the sub-bass extension and mid-bass thump, so yes, no more 80's Retrowave for me while listening to these. Review coming within the next two weeks.

Now just need Moondrop Starfield for the ultimate under $100 showdown.

On another note, I noticed that the mmcx jack on the cable side doesn't sit firmly in the socket (on the IEM side) and thus it wobbles. This is the first time I've seen such a behavior on an ~$100 IEM and I must say I'm having second thoughts already. Gotta open a return ticket on Amazon just in case. Is the "mmcx jack wobbling" issue common in T4? Can other T4 owners confirm this?

IMG_6425_cr.JPG

Mar 5, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #23,298 of 31,833
Tin T4 is here, and I kinda like the sound of it. So far, a bit on the bright side, but otherwise very balanced tuning. In typical "balanced" fashion though they've killed the sub-bass extension and mid-bass thump, so yes, no more 80's Retrowave for me while listening to these. Review coming within the next two weeks.

On another note, I noticed that the mmcx jack on the cable side doesn't sit firmly in the socket (on the IEM side) and thus it wobbles. This is the first time I've seen such a behavior on an ~$100 IEM and I must say I'm having second thoughts already. Gotta open a return ticket on Amazon just in case. Is the "mmcx jack wobbling" issue common in T4? Can other T4 owners confirm this?

I can confirm that, mine's like that too.

Mar 5, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #23,299 of 31,833

Yes, I have the same problem on the T4 with the stock cable. No problem though with a Hi-fi Hear cable and a Faaeal Hibiscus MMCX cable. I agree with your thoughts on the sound signature too although sub bass is fine on them for me. Funnily enough, the T4 cable works really well with my Shuoer Tape!

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #23,301 of 31,833
Looking for a cheap set for gaming. I have the Blob and Shozy 1.1 and they are amazing for music listening, but they’re not doing it for me for soundstage and 3D space. I have the Diamonds, I could try them, but I get quite a bit of mid and treble bleed on them so I’m currently selling them and hope to replace with a gaming set.

Mar 6, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #23,302 of 31,833
Looking for a cheap set for gaming. I have the Blob and Shozy 1.1 and they are amazing for music listening, but they’re not doing it for me for soundstage and 3D space. I have the Diamonds, I could try them, but I get quite a bit of mid and treble bleed on them so I’m currently selling them and hope to replace with a gaming set.
TRN BA5, but beware the QC issues and buy from Amazon.

Mar 6, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #23,303 of 31,833
Mar 6, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #23,304 of 31,833
I’ve looked around, can’t find the zs7 anywhere, just the zs6.
Sorry, that link is to an item out of stock. The ZS7 seems to be unavailable at the moment.

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #23,308 of 31,833
I'm still around brah. I lurk mostly. I read your page with all the rankings/reviews quite a bit. :D
Yea, just lurking here at home as well. I'm mostly working from home in China online and hoping to go back to work by April, but who knows if when, IMHO. I still need to update some final touches on my profile page, but haven't had the chance with all that's going on between the outbreak, work and my family.

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #23,309 of 31,833
Finally the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 are starting the get the recognition they deserve. I've been using them with wide bore "spiral" tips lately (like these or these) and the detail/soundstage is incredible. It cuts down on the bass slightly but given how bass heavy these are from the start, it might even be for the better.

YBF.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back