CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 1, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #23,267 of 31,833
There seems to be a problem with Youtube.. It made the video lower resolution than my initial 1080p 50fps rendered footage. I even uploaded it to Google Drive which seems to have better quality even though it's also using Youtube to play it back. If someone can help me out with this I'd appreciate it. The quality issue isn't noticed when you are watching it over Head-Fi, however if you go fullscreen it clearly doesn't look good. I just don't like when I cannot share the true quality of my content which I invested my time into.

It seems fine now. YouTube takes a while to process high fps videos and shows a lower res video while it's processing the full quality version. Nice first attempt, keep it up!

Mar 1, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #23,268 of 31,833
It seems fine now. YouTube takes a while to process high fps videos and shows a lower res video while it's processing the full quality version. Nice first attempt, keep it up!
Thanks, appreciate it a lot!
I am pretty sure it has been full 24 hours since it has been uploaded to Youtube (it was on "private" for awhile) and then I put it on Public maybe ~10 hours ago.
I have some content in plan, should be exciting. Next time I will try to get a better camera to get a higher quality.

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #23,270 of 31,833
That is just bizarre for sure but now you can easily identify left from right just by visual glance! That @Slater guy was spot on that these have the identical shell with the Opera Factory OM1 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thinking about this thread title I'd be willing to bet any one of these may fit the bill for many, especially those that like and appreciate the brand and their continued progress:thinking:

KZ Me.JPG
What’s your pick of the bunch if you were to choose 1 set?

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #23,271 of 31,833
What’s your pick of the bunch if you were to choose 1 set?

Man, that is a hard one since each of these have their own unique qualities and each one can really shine with certain material; also the quality of power driving them :thinking:

I think at this point in my KZ journey and I only had one to choose it would be the ZS7 (the 6 was really my all time favorite until the release of the 7), I think for all around the 7 pretty much can carry any genre or style music better than the others I own. For me the 7 reaches out at both ends just a little better than the 6 and with that said (at least for my old ears) it gives a more expansive mid section really smoothing out the coupling of mids and highs as well as giving a better cohesion between bass and sub bass. Of course someone else's MMV:wink: Now if you want to go for genre specific my BA10 is hands down my classical and soft passage fave. Classic rock and some metal just give me a pair of ZSX's and for electronic/EDM stuff I just love my ZS4's but the ZS6 is not too shabby with those as well. Not sure if I've helped or hindered Chef but I can only tell you how they perform for my old ears:beerchug:

However today I am listening to another sub $100 offering that combined with the Walnuts is one of the most analog sounding portable digital rigs I've ever heard:astonished:

Mighty Mighty.JPG

Yes I do realize I've pushed the iem budget a little with the balanced cable but for me I get a little better clarity (very well could be my mind playing tricks on me) but I'm sticking with it:rolling_eyes:

Mar 2, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #23,272 of 31,833
Man, that is a hard one since each of these have their own unique qualities and each one can really shine with certain material; also the quality of power driving them :thinking:

I think at this point in my KZ journey and I only had one to choose it would be the ZS7 (the 6 was really my all time favorite until the release of the 7), I think for all around the 7 pretty much can carry any genre or style music better than the others I own. For me the 7 reaches out at both ends just a little better than the 6 and with that said (at least for my old ears) it gives a more expansive mid section really smoothing out the coupling of mids and highs as well as giving a better cohesion between bass and sub bass. Of course someone else's MMV:wink: Now if you want to go for genre specific my BA10 is hands down my classical and soft passage fave. Classic rock and some metal just give me a pair of ZSX's and for electronic/EDM stuff I just love my ZS4's but the ZS6 is not too shabby with those as well. Not sure if I've helped or hindered Chef but I can only tell you how they perform for my old ears:beerchug:

However today I am listening to another sub $100 offering that combined with the Walnuts is one of the most analog sounding portable digital rigs I've ever heard:astonished:

Yes I do realize I've pushed the iem budget a little with the balanced cable but for me I get a little better clarity (very well could be my mind playing tricks on me) but I'm sticking with it:rolling_eyes:
+1 for the ZS7. It's that configuration with the mid/mid-high BAs which create that magic in the mids and give the venerable 30095 BAs a bit less to do. They are my favourite KZ set. And that sub bass ....

Mar 2, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #23,273 of 31,833
Headsup. Aliexpress is having a sale now till 8th march. Probably to boost their flagging economy after the coronavirus thingy.

I put down a few deals i saw while briefly browsing thru AE in this other thread (forgive me if there are overlapping thread contents):
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-15494116

Personally I'm not scared of getting a virus in the mail. It seems this coronavirus is quite sensitive to alcohol based on some reports I've seen, so no biggie doing a wipedown (plus a month's shipping should kill the virus). I'm actually more worried about logistical and shipping delays.

Mar 2, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #23,275 of 31,833
sleeping on the monoprice m350s. they were 100 a few weeks ago so I tried em out since I can't find anything on them. Insane for the price imo, only bad thing is they are extremely open back.

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #23,276 of 31,833
a bit less detailed than the Blob but so full and lush, the mids are great, darker overall but very enjoyable
c0jDssv.jpg

One of these days I’m gonna pick up a set of i-Into i8.

Mar 3, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #23,277 of 31,833
Looking for something slightly inverse V shaped or neutral sub 50 iem. Ability to keep up with powermetal (dragonforce, mostly) is important. Removable cable is important too, prefer 2pin.
Going to order third party cable and maybe third party tips. Nice build quality and ease to fit are important. (heard blon bl03 are bad fit. is this cause of stock tips, or also cause of shell shape?)
Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #23,278 of 31,833
Looking for something slightly inverse V shaped or neutral sub 50 iem. Ability to keep up with powermetal (dragonforce, mostly) is important. Removable cable is important too, prefer 2pin.
Going to order third party cable and maybe third party tips. Nice build quality and ease to fit are important. (heard blon bl03 are bad fit. is this cause of stock tips, or also cause of shell shape?)
For the blon 03, the fit problem is mainly because the cable and tips. If you already going to buy third party cable and tips I'm highly suggest the blon 03.for me foam tips and some 4 core cable and foam tips from other IEM works perfect.

Mar 3, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #23,279 of 31,833
For the blon 03, the fit problem is mainly because the cable and tips. If you already going to buy third party cable and tips I'm highly suggest the blon 03.for me foam tips and some 4 core cable and foam tips from other IEM works perfect.
Hmm, might just take the plunge and go blon then. some people have said the lz z05a is similar but better in almost all aspects. Any opinions on how blon compares to other iem's? are they still absolute king?
Edit: Heard they have flabby bass :thinking: and average technicalities. how do others feel about this?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #23,280 of 31,833
Any recommendations?

Check out the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014. Many say they are a better BL-03 without fitting issues and with a more controlled and tighter bass.
You can get them for $59 on AliExpress; not sub-50, but you save on new tips and cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back