CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 25, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #23,206 of 31,846
Yes it works. Not sure why mine did not. I will try again or maybe you can PM me about how you did yours

your gear link name is correct, but the actual URL link is missing the "/about" text
i also checked my signature link, and it's also missing that part (maybe messed up because of the website update). I've edited mine and now it's working again

you could also edit it by adding /#about instead just /about

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #23,207 of 31,846
So the housing on one of my tin audio t2s is f-cked and sound now cuts in and out so I am in need of a new pair of iems. After a quick browse of this thread I see the cambridge audio se1's mentioned being on sale on amazon for $20. This interests me greatly as I am pretty rough on my iems and dont really wanna drop $40-50+ on iems again right now since I will most likely end up destroying them lol.

How do the se'1s compare to the t2s? What type of genres are they good for? I listen to a wide variety of music including jpop, kpop, classical, rap, rock, metal, and just whatever sounds pleasant to my ears. How good would these iems be with my diverse tastes in music? Are there any other strong contenders for the $20 and under price tag that I can preferably buy on amazon(not limited to amazon but I do have giftcards so its prefered).

If these are a keeper is the $20 price a sale price or something? If it is and the iems are good enough I may just pick up 2 pairs for when I eventually break the first pair.

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #23,208 of 31,846
So the housing on one of my tin audio t2s is f-cked and sound now cuts in and out so I am in need of a new pair of iems. After a quick browse of this thread I see the cambridge audio se1's mentioned being on sale on amazon for $20. This interests me greatly as I am pretty rough on my iems and dont really wanna drop $40-50+ on iems again right now since I will most likely end up destroying them lol.

How do the se'1s compare to the t2s? What type of genres are they good for? I listen to a wide variety of music including jpop, kpop, classical, rap, rock, metal, and just whatever sounds pleasant to my ears. How good would these iems be with my diverse tastes in music? Are there any other strong contenders for the $20 and under price tag that I can preferably buy on amazon(not limited to amazon but I do have giftcards so its prefered).

If these are a keeper is the $20 price a sale price or something? If it is and the iems are good enough I may just pick up 2 pairs for when I eventually break the first pair.
I think the SE1s do have a T2 with bass quality. They are worn downwards. Like the T2 I do not find them V-shaped as the mids are relatively forward. Soundstage is quite good. They are definitely worth £20/$20.

Feb 25, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #23,209 of 31,846

It is a closeout price. They originally retailed around $80. Cambridge Audio is a very well respected British company known for their speakers and other gear. This was something they did as part of a charity event. They will support your purchase. I got an email from them stating that although Amazon was responsible for the delivery they were supporting the product and hoped that I was happy with them.

Feb 25, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #23,210 of 31,846
I think the SE1s do have a T2 with bass quality. They are worn downwards. Like the T2 I do not find them V-shaped as the mids are relatively forward. Soundstage is quite good. They are definitely worth £20/$20.

Sweet ill pick a pair up then!

It is a closeout price. They originally retailed around $80. Cambridge Audio is a very well respected British company known for their speakers and other gear. This was something they did as part of a charity event. They will support your purchase. I got an email from them stating that although Amazon was responsible for the delivery they were supporting the product and hoped that I was happy with them.

Then I just may pick up a 2nd pair if I like them as a backup before its gone.

Feb 25, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #23,211 of 31,846
If I click about on your page I can see your gear but do not see a signature on your post

When I access the forums using the Opera browser on my Android phone - if it's in Mobile mode, there's no signature - but the signature is displayed in Desktop mode.

Feb 26, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #23,212 of 31,846
When I access the forums using the Opera browser on my Android phone - if it's in Mobile mode, there's no signature - but the signature is displayed in Desktop mode.

with Chrome in mobile mode on the phone, signatures also not visible. i usually browse the forum with my tablet though, and it's visible with that

Feb 26, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #23,213 of 31,846

The SE1 is a real find. It sounds great with many genres and has no real weakness regarding sound quality. It is well made and comes with a good set of accessories. At the current price it's a no-brainer.

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #23,214 of 31,846
I received my QKZ Vk4 from the Qkz store on Ali. They came with two very distinctly different patterns on the shell. Seller refused to address the issue and kept sending me separate coupons that I could not use on one order to buy a new pair.. These are the black checkered ones. I opened a dispute and the Ali proposal credit of $3.51on a 12 dollar order. Not happy but the other option was to return at my expense.. Just a heads up that Ali buyer protection is not protecting like it used to. Could Coronavirus be having an affect on the sellers bottom line??

Attachments

• 20200219_170131.jpg
    20200219_170131.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #23,215 of 31,846
I received my QKZ Vk4 from the Qkz store on Ali. They came with two very distinctly different patterns on the shell. Seller refused to address the issue and kept sending me separate coupons that I could not use on one order to buy a new pair.. These are the black checkered ones. I opened a dispute and the Ali proposal credit of $3.51on a 12 dollar order. Not happy but the other option was to return at my expense.. Just a heads up that Ali buyer protection is not protecting like it used to. Could Coronavirus be having an affect on the sellers bottom line??

That is just bizarre for sure but now you can easily identify left from right just by visual glance! That @Slater guy was spot on that these have the identical shell with the Opera Factory OM1 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thinking about this thread title I'd be willing to bet any one of these may fit the bill for many, especially those that like and appreciate the brand and their continued progress:thinking:

KZ Me.JPG

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #23,217 of 31,846
How's the soundstage. I want something that sounds large.
The soundstage is very spacious. It does depend on the tips you choose, though. I am using Spiral Dots (L) which improve greatly on the supplied tips, YMMV.

Feb 26, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #23,218 of 31,846
How's the soundstage. I want something that sounds large.

I thought soundstage was the major hit for the SE1. I use Spiral Dots too. Of course what is good for the goose is not always good for the gander, but I thought soundstage was where the SE1s were as good, and better probably, than the Blon 03 or Urbanfun iss014. The SE1s even sound good on my Samsung S9 plus phone. There are a lot of restaurants in London SE1 where the chips will be more expensive than these little IEMs. They are as cheap as chips.........well nearly.

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #23,219 of 31,846
Has the clone Dr. struck again? I just can't keep up with Chi-Fi anymore, is the Urbanfun YBF and the Blon the same iem or at least the same shell? Is the YBF also the one referred to as the "Blob" :confused:

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #23,220 of 31,846
I've been wondering about that. Sometimes "Blob", and "Urbanblob". The shell does look like the BL-03, that's one reason I haven't gone for them. Another shell which is similar is the Whizzer A15 Pro, same fit issues: top heavy, angled connectors, smooth teardrop shape, slippery surfaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back