CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 25, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #23,191 of 31,867
Yes, I love the TA Master with the green filter. I do not love TA though so I have mixed feelings

Hmm, do you own any of the IMR products?

Feb 25, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #23,192 of 31,867
Have to say that I actually prefer the Final Audio E1000 over the Tin Hifi T3... it is more natural over all and not as peaky in the treble as the T3. Definitely one of the best budget iems I have. ( I do prefer the blon over it but those about double the price factoring in cable and tip change)

Feb 25, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #23,193 of 31,867
Yes, I love the TA Master with the green filter. I do not love TA though so I have mixed feelings
I'm not too enamoured either. I lost money pre-ordering the Icarus 1 and 2, neither of which existed. The green filters are my other favourite!

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #23,194 of 31,867
Hmm, do you own any of the IMR products?

Actually everything I have is in the list in my profile... which since the change is a little harder to find. We have to click on the About tab once we are on a persons profile page. I should mention to the team about how annoying that is. I even tried to link directly and it does not work.

Trying really hard here to keep my feelings about Bob and the money he stole with his scams out of here, but, yes, I thought you knew the story of how I came to own a pair of Zeniths. You probably know that most of the first batch was out of phase (a reversed two pin connector on one side.) My husband had ordered them despite having been one of those to lose a lot of money to the scammer. Bob did replace all those .. to anyone who asked. I bet there are some who did not even know they could get a replacement and just thought they were bad.

Anyway after my husband got the replacement he gave me the defective ones. Returning them had not been required I could use them of course by using a cable with no hook and turning one side around. Eventually my husband turned the connector around (always a risk of permanent damage). The operation was successful and I can now use mine with cable with hook.

Just because I have these and others that are more expensive and maybe technically "better" does not mean I love my cheaper gems any less. In fact, I kind of take pleasure in the fact that I can enjoy my music just as much with my "lesser" gear.

...and don't forget, I do enjoy my buds even more.

Feb 25, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #23,195 of 31,867
I'm not too enamoured either. I lost money pre-ordering the Icarus 1 and 2, neither of which existed.

Yes, my husband was supposed to get the Icarus 4, the Phoenix headphone and some other little weird dac? thingie. If it were up to me there would be no IMR stuff in this house.

Feb 25, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #23,196 of 31,867
Actually everything I have is in the list in my profile... which since the change is a little harder to find. We have to click on the About tab once we are on a persons profile page. I should mention to the team about how annoying that is. I even tried to link directly and it does not work.

Could you try clicking on the "Audio Gear" link in my Signature, and tell me whether it's actually linking to my gear list? Thanks!

Feb 25, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #23,197 of 31,867
Yes, my husband was supposed to get the Icarus 4, the Phoenix headphone and some other little weird dac? thingie. If it were up to me there would be no IMR stuff in this house.
The Phoenix was quite expensive, wasn't it? That sucks! IMR=Incredibly Massive Rip-off!

Feb 25, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #23,198 of 31,867

I seem to have struck a nerve here and that was not my intention. I too lost out on the 10 pound Icurus 4 thingy but as I saw that Titanic situation sinking I did not keep throwing money at a ship with a hole in the side big enough to drive a tug boat right in :thinking: I was not there when the wheels fell off and I doubt any Head-Fiers were in that suite in Derbyshire (Whatever it was) UK. I only know of my direct dealings with Bob and until I see hard evidence he was the main/sole perp. to everyone's misfortune I can't just assume! I do understand so many's feelings but I never really got burned nor have I ever had a negative experience with the man so I'll just leave it at that.

Feb 25, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #23,199 of 31,867
Could you try clicking on the "Audio Gear" link in my Signature, and tell me whether it's actually linking to my gear list? Thanks!

Yes it works. Not sure why mine did not. I will try again or maybe you can PM me about how you did yours

The Phoenix was quite expensive, wasn't it? That sucks! IMR=Incredibly Massive Rip-off!

It was £99 for preorder. if you did it within the first 30 days. Retail was to be £249. Dual push pull beryllium drivers on each side. A way to change from open to closed. Metal construction. Would have had the Trinity house sound if it had existed.

About half way down this page is a post with photos and specs

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tri...he-future-holds.828234/page-151#post-13590914

I seem to have struck a nerve here and that was not my intention. I too lost out on the 10 pound Icurus 4 thingy but as I saw that Titanic situation sinking I did not keep throwing money at a ship with a hole in the side big enough to drive a tug boat right in :thinking: I was not there when the wheels fell off and I doubt any Head-Fiers were in that suite in Derbyshire (Whatever it was) UK. I only know of my direct dealings with Bob and until I see hard evidence he was the main/sole perp. to everyone's misfortune I can't just assume! I do understand so many's feelings but I never really got burned nor have I ever had a negative experience with the man so I'll just leave it at that.

That 10 pound thingie was the 1 or 2. The Icarus IV was an upgrade to the III and was around £200 so we were out around £300. The hard evidence is out there if you spend enough time researching... and believe me, when I research I research hard!

as I saw that Titanic situation sinking I did not keep throwing money at a ship with a hole in the side big enough to drive a tug boat right in :thinking:

This is where some very trusting people kept believing the constant promises that things would be shipped soon. There was always a reason for the delays. As for the headphone I have a feeling that no one else ordered one because at that point almost everyone had stopped trusting.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #23,200 of 31,867
Yes it works. Not sure why mine did not. I will try again or maybe you can PM me about how you did yours

It was £99 for preorder. if you did it within the first 30 days. Retail was to be £249. Dual push pull beryllium drivers on each side. A way to change from open to closed. Metal construction. Would have had the Trinity house sound if it had existed.

About half way down this page is a post with photos and specs

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tri...he-future-holds.828234/page-151#post-13590914

That 10 pound thingie was the 1 or 2. The Icarus IV was an upgrade to the III and was around £200 so we were out around £300. The hard evidence is out there if you spend enough time researching... and believe me, when I research I research hard!

This is where some very trusting people kept believing the constant promises that things would be shipped soon. There was always a reason for the delays. As for the headphone I have a feeling that no one else ordered one because at that point almost everyone had stopped trusting.
The Icarus 1 was a headphone amplifier, I seem to remember, and the Icarus 2 was a DAP/DAC with Bluetooth. Shipping next week. Guaranteed.

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #23,201 of 31,867
Sad that the UK with all that evidence just lets someone walk away Scott free :thinking: Then again I may be calling the kettle black thinking of whose running this place right now:hushed: LOL I'm pretty sure though that Trinity Audio and the word Guaranteed were never synonymous :rolling_eyes: Too many promises and changes for me to keep up with I, II, III and IV Icarus models, as far as I knew they were the last words of a dying man:hushed:

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #23,202 of 31,867
If I click about on your page I can see your gear but do not see a signature on your post

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #23,203 of 31,867
Sad that the UK with all that evidence just lets someone walk away Scott free :thinking: Then again I may be calling the kettle black thinking of whose running this place right now:hushed: LOL I'm pretty sure though that Trinity Audio and the word Guaranteed were never synonymous :rolling_eyes: Too many promises and changes for me to keep up with I, II, III and IV Icarus models, as far as I knew they were the last words of a dying man:hushed:

The III actually arrived after many delays.... so some did continue to hold out for the IV.

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #23,204 of 31,867
If I click about on your page I can see your gear but do not see a signature on your post

Do signatures show on mobile? I was using my desktop.

the link on your signature is working... I will try to do mine again later. When the site first updated I did have it working... and then it didn't

Still, I don't like it that when we click on a users profile it does not take us directly to their "About" info but takes us to a status page instead.. which for most people is left empty

Edit: I fixed the link so it works now

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #23,205 of 31,867
The III actually arrived after many delays.... so some did continue to hold out for the IV.

Yes, my III's were my last purchase. Not sure if it needed upgrading but there were a lot of Smoke and Mirrors happening at that point and I always counted myself lucky my 10 pound DAC was all I lost out on. No doubt several people within that organizations were flying by the seat of their pants, even today the business model is never going to build an empire :thinking:

I have to say the Icarus III is still my fave of the TA models I've owned, now put that flame thrower down will ya:wink: LOL

Storyville.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back