CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 10, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #22,621 of 31,845
IMO, you can't go wrong with ****, but perhaps you should get BLON before to have very different sound experience and more natural cohesive sound. **** sound like ''cinematic EQ'' kinda sound. But is see QC check issue with those too, wich lean to different graph (and impressions)

my ''reference'' sub-50$ iem is the BQEYZ KB100. mature balanced tuning, slightly mid centric but in a wide revealing way. among most neutral sub-100$ iem you can get.
I have the BLON BL-03. I just feel they lack too much detail for me.

Jan 11, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #22,623 of 31,845
Jan 11, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #22,624 of 31,845
I have the BLON BL-03. I just feel they lack too much detail for me.
I agree, and the fit issues don't help either. I have tried numerous tips and cables but have been unable to get a secure fit. If you want to try an IEM with a carbon nanotube driver, I have the Tin T4 which has loads of detail and a huge soundstage. I'm still burning it in, but it sounds wonderful so far!

Jan 11, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #22,625 of 31,845
Nah hahaha.

Well, they are pretty balanced sounding for me. It has a decent amount of bass but still loaded with a lot of micro details than all of my single DD IEMs.
Bass is pretty deep and punchy but still in the tight area. The decay and speed is not too slow nor too fast. If you want them to rumble, they can do that too.
In term of zoundstage, they are spacious and airy with good depth & width. I hope i wasn't exaggerating that it almost to the same level as listening to an open back earphone.
The treble is sparkly yet smooth, which is far than the EA3's aggresive treble.
The Mids is still slightly forward from the mix without any mid-bass bleed. Vocal is lush and sweet to me.

Dynamic range, Instruments separation & layering are excellent in this, as I can hear each instrument playing without getting mixed. And last but not least, natural timbre.
Your description of the Moondrop Starfield sounds like what I'm getting from my Tin T4!

Jan 11, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #22,626 of 31,845
Your description of the Moondrop Starfield sounds like what I'm getting from my Tin T4!
If the Starfield sounds like the t4 but with its better fit and looks then I might get it....

Jan 11, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #22,627 of 31,845
They use the CNT Driver as well, maybe that's why they are similar with what I described.

There might be some difference if you compare them by graph. Unfortunately, I don't have the gear to measure them by graph.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 5:35 AM Post #22,628 of 31,845
Now I’m Considering one of these three for next buy...T4, Starfield or TRI i3.
If I can swing the i3 cash wise I’m gonna jump there but shoot we got so many great choices already.

Jan 11, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #22,629 of 31,845
I found that until I changed the tips and amped them.
Exactly. Same...once I added large foam tips, changed the cable (like most reviewers day to) and used an amp (of which I use daily anyways), the sound becomes truly amazing. If you have Blons and don't make up for their shortcomings' out the box,you're not gonna get their full potential...

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #22,630 of 31,845
Exactly. Same...once I added large foam tips, changed the cable (like most reviewers day to) and used an amp (of which I use daily anyways), the sound becomes truly amazing. If you have Blons and don't make up for their shortcomings' out the box,you're not gonna get their full potential...
I have tried everything including two amps but they still wiggle around in my ears even with the largest tips I can find. The smooth shiny body is slippery as well which doesn't help.

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #22,631 of 31,845
Maybe I was lucky but i had v80, and have v90 and recent BA5 without any problem. Oh the right unit 2 pin connector is a bit shaky but still safe so far. But yeah they need to improve their quality and QC
Yes, same here, I have V80, V90 and BA5 as well and they are all perfect. BA5 is especially good and V90 is a good alternative to ZS7 or BQ3.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #22,632 of 31,845
TRN has really bummed me out also.... I think my BA5s are defective also, at least I hope so because I can’t get them close to reasonable listening for me. Zero low end, I tried tips, cables, mojo even is no go!
The IM1 is my favorite and the V90 after but all the other great configurations and sharp looking shells just don’t fly and I’m done with them until we get “a golden child”!

The BA5 has maybe my favorite shell color, look, feel, fit but they sound crappy.
I’m gonna change teams to Shuoer! The “Tape” is incredible sounding the “H27” confirmed to me they tune just fine. The 2 Knowles BAs and DD bring my low end preference and details “abundamento“! Its balanced sounding without the boring part..lol..and fun to listen to!

Anybody get TRI I3 yet? Its over $100 but the I4 is spot on with great imaging so I’m looking forward to impressions on the I3. Anybody???:L3000:
It does sound like you have a defective BA5. I love them, yes, the bass is fairly neutral, but the mids are glorious and treble extended and clean. Excellent for classical music.

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #22,633 of 31,845
I have tried everything including two amps but they still wiggle around in my ears even with the largest tips I can find. The smooth shiny body is slippery as well which doesn't help.

The Blons? Have you tried them cable down? I have a shallow but stable fit wearing them up or down using Symbio Peel tips... the shell body rests firmly in the concha area. I do not use longer tips or extenders because then they would move around for me.

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #22,634 of 31,845
The Blons? Have you tried them cable down? I have a shallow but stable fit wearing them up or down using Symbio Peel tips... the shell body rests firmly in the concha area. I do not use longer tips or extenders because then they would move around for me.
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I've tried that using the large MH755 tips. There's still that uncertainty of fit though. I've also tried Spiral Dots and large Audiofly tips which have a flatter profile.

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #22,635 of 31,845
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I've tried that using the large MH755 tips. There's still that uncertainty of fit though. I've also tried Spiral Dots and large Audiofly tips which have a flatter profile.
I think the reason the Symbio Peels work for me is because the surface grips well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back