CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 11, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #22,637 of 31,833
Nah hahaha.

Well, they are pretty balanced sounding for me. It has a decent amount of bass but still loaded with a lot of micro details than all of my single DD IEMs.
Bass is pretty deep and punchy but still in the tight area. The decay and speed is not too slow nor too fast. If you want them to rumble, they can do that too.
In term of zoundstage, they are spacious and airy with good depth & width. I hope i wasn't exaggerating that it almost to the same level as listening to an open back earphone.
The treble is sparkly yet smooth, which is far than the EA3's aggresive treble.
The Mids is still slightly forward from the mix without any mid-bass bleed. Vocal is lush and sweet to me.

Dynamic range, Instruments separation & layering are excellent in this, as I can hear each instrument playing without getting mixed. And last but not least, natural timbre.

WOW.

Well, now i'm supremely excited to try them. Might be the BLON upgrade were waiting for.

Thanks for sharing more toughs.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #22,638 of 31,833
I have a quick listen to BA5 yesterday. While the bass do not extend as much as V90, it might be best TRN effort yet.

Fast and quite accurate, timbre is impressive for multi ba, find the vocal enjoyable tough overall imaging is rather intimate and fowards.

Everything is fast and tigh, definition lack some edge but this permit to not be overly agressive.

Bass have good punch, and enough body, not dry, again, fast and tigh.

Mids is where i was the most impress, very informative and good in attack.

Treble, while it lack sparkle, isnt shouty.

(just have a 15min listen so this is to take with grain of salt)

Jan 11, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #22,639 of 31,833
I have a quick listen to BA5 yesterday. While the bass do not extend as much as V90, it might be best TRN effort yet.

Fast and quite accurate, timbre is impressive for multi ba, find the vocal enjoyable tough overall imaging is rather intimate and fowards.

Everything is fast and tigh, definition lack some edge but this permit to not be overly agressive.

Bass have good punch, and enough body, not dry, again, fast and tigh.

Mids is where i was the most impress, very informative and good in attack.

Treble, while it lack sparkle, isnt shouty.

(just have a 15min listen so this is to take with grain of salt)
I concur with this. I see you have the Faaeal Hibiscus. Try that cable on the BA5, it gives a little more bass depth and a somewhat warmer tonality.

Jan 11, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #22,640 of 31,833
well....this became more and more worrysome. TRN isnt know for top notch QC to say the least. So, your the third for now....

And are you a member or not? lol Your welcome to came in Bro. Chill place. Funny place. No B* place....Non snobbish as well. Similar to here but well...no big Brotha in NBBA!

Edit: okay thanks find the thread....well well....even more intriguing!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/urbanfun-ybf-iss014-lost-potential-for-greatness.921709/

I am not a member as I don't use facebook but someone on a video I did asked if I was a member there.

Jan 11, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #22,641 of 31,833
I concur with this. I see you have the Faaeal Hibiscus. Try that cable on the BA5, it gives a little more bass depth and a somewhat warmer tonality.

This is my exact set up, and I concur with this concurrence.
Bass sounds more expansive for me as well, for sure, in an ethereal rather than boomy way.
I like the combo so much I've ordered the balanced version :)

Jan 11, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #22,642 of 31,833
This is my exact set up, and I concur with this concurrence.
Bass sounds more expansive for me as well, for sure, in an ethereal rather than boomy way.
I like the combo so much I've ordered the balanced version :)
Uh-oh! I didn't know there was a balanced version! I might have to try that.

Jan 11, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #22,643 of 31,833

The FAAEAL Hibiscus cable, you say?

Isn't that the cable that was also in the FAAEAL store Lucky Bag during the recent sale? It was $11.90. A 2-pin 4-core 5N-OFC Litz cable.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000515816813.html

If so, I have one on the way, and would be interested in using it on my BA5.

I've also seen people using the KBear 4-core copper cable:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000141337661.html

and the cable that came with the NX7 Pro [the NiceHCK C-16-3 copper.] That seems to be a preferred cable as well.

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #22,644 of 31,833
WOW.

Well, now i'm supremely excited to try them. Might be the BLON upgrade were waiting for.

Thanks for sharing more toughs.
Sure, your welcome.

IMO, from Blon to Starfield you'll get far better technicalities. Better resolution, layering etc.

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #22,645 of 31,833
The Blons? Have you tried them cable down? I have a shallow but stable fit wearing them up or down using Symbio Peel tips... the shell body rests firmly in the concha area. I do not use longer tips or extenders because then they would move around for me.

Cable down is awesome with the Blons. Solves pretty much all of the fitment issues. It only needs a 3rd party straight cable (or remove the ear guide cable off of a 3rd party cable to make it hang straight).

It doesn’t work with the stock cable though, as the stock cable has an angled connector.

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #22,646 of 31,833
Cable down is awesome with the Blons. Solves pretty much all of the fitment issues. It only needs a 3rd party straight cable (or remove the ear guide cable off of a 3rd party cable to make it hang straight).

It doesn’t work with the stock cable though, as the stock cable has an angled connector.

I posted a photo of mine in the Blon thread a few weeks ago. Using a 4 core cable because I don't like heavy cables hanging down.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blon-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.916702/page-53#post-15297619

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #22,647 of 31,833
So, I could finally get around to reviewing the Sennheiser IE 40 Pros. I've been using them on an off for the past couple of months, and they seem to be a great option in the sub-$100 range. Never thought I'd be recommending a budget Sennheiser IEM but they indeed deserve that. Natural timbre and a smooth mid-to-treble transition that's perfectly suited for long listening sessions. I guess some will mind the mid-bass boost, but I think that is essential for the intended use case. Have a read here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/23138/

IMG_3645.JPG

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #22,648 of 31,833
So, I could finally get around to reviewing the Sennheiser IE 40 Pros. I've been using them on an off for the past couple of months, and they seem to be a great option in the sub-$100 range. Never thought I'd be recommending a budget Sennheiser IEM but they indeed deserve that. Natural timbre and a smooth mid-to-treble transition that's perfectly suited for long listening sessions. I guess some will mind the mid-bass boost, but I think that is essential for the intended use case. Have a read here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/23138/

Well....you love the Spacesh*p...so thats sure a no go for me. Among worst sub 30$ iem i heard.

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #22,649 of 31,833
Well....you love the Spacesh*p...so thats sure a no go for me. Among worst sub 30$ iem i heard.

I don't like the Spaceship, per se. I haven't even reviewed them yet. It was just first impressions and since then they've been in the drawer. :/
I do love the Moondrop Crescent though, and BLON, and our mutual (!) love Final E5000, so there's that. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #22,650 of 31,833
I don't like the Spaceship, per se. I haven't even reviewed them yet. It was just first impressions and since then they've been in the drawer. :/
I do love the Moondrop Crescent though, and BLON, and our mutual (!) love Final E5000, so there's that. :wink:
I see you have HD650 on your list.... do you have any recommendation for budget ciem that has the same sound signature ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back