CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 19, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #21,091 of 31,833
After spending a couple days with the **** Pro I think I'm going back to the original **** as my daily driver. The Pro is going to be the better pair for a vast majority of music but the better sub bass extension, separation, and imaging of the original plus the lack of any sibilance makes it better to my ears for metal.

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #21,095 of 31,833
Nov 21, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #21,098 of 31,833
Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #21,099 of 31,833
super uber late on the (strangely NOT) HYPE TRAIN.

BQEYZ KB100 REVIEW is up on headfi and my blog.

And i can deal with its lack of treble sparkle. I sicnerly think its among best tuned iem under 50$.

BQEYZ is so underrated. Such a shame. I mean: theya re a REAL audio company....not OEM copy cat experimental one like KZ, KBear, Kimboofi, Tripowin, Chifi seller-DIY-kinda brands and to some extend TRN.

The KB100 is the type of iem that will get respect with time, the proof it still exist is a hint about this. Balanced mature tuning with a fun lively twist=LOVE. Sincerly better than BQ3.

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #21,100 of 31,833
Nov 21, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #21,101 of 31,833
I agree. BQEYZ is a very underrated company. Got the KB1 with me at work today. Really wish I would have picked up the KB100 at $39 this last sale, but was already tapped out with 3 IEM purchases. Jon Wayne Bobbit comes to mind if I buy any more.
Anyway of the ones I have KC2 is my favorite. It's my go to quiet time IEM as of now although Have B3 Pro 1 has snuck back into the mix. :)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #21,102 of 31,833
After spending a couple days with the **** Pro I think I'm going back to the original **** as my daily driver. The Pro is going to be the better pair for a vast majority of music but the better sub bass extension, separation, and imaging of the original plus the lack of any sibilance makes it better to my ears for metal.
I can understand that. There are definitely things I like better about the original ****. The new Pro model seems a bit more U shaped to my ears, with more sub bass and a bit more elevated in the upper treble. I do think it's slightly more prone to sibilance, although with the Sony hybrid tips I'm using it's not an issue for me. Overall, though, I think it sounds more natural and still has most of the qualities I enjoy in the original ****.

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #21,104 of 31,833
I haven't tried the lower-=end BQEYZ IEMs yet, but I have the Spring 1, which if they had just spent some more time & possibly money on tuning it, could be a world-beater. As it is, it's pretty good, and great if you're willing to fuss with it a bunch.

Anyone who has the Spring1 and likes trying out different ear tips, try the Acoustune AE07 (not AET07a) tips on it - I've recently switched to them, and I think it's a good match, but I'm curious what other people hear.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #21,105 of 31,833
I haven't tried the lower-=end BQEYZ IEMs yet, but I have the Spring 1, which if they had just spent some more time & possibly money on tuning it, could be a world-beater. As it is, it's pretty good, and great if you're willing to fuss with it a bunch.

That's so sad, because it's their flagship, so one would think it was perfection itself.

Especially with how they've proven their competence when it comes to tuning IEMs like the KB100. Pretty much all of their stuff I've tried, I like. I don't have the Spring 1, nor do I have plans to get it based on the impressions of owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back