CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 11, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #20,221 of 31,833
I have one of these. They are still in the bag, never opened. I thought if they were no good I would use the shells
the reviews have been great..seems alot of russians been buying it for many months and the reviews on this has been positive, please test it with the original ..reading teh spec sheets it shows exactly identical specs to each other

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #20,223 of 31,833
10112940.JPG
Quick recabling of MH755. Cable is pretty generic, but at least it's decent length now.

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #20,224 of 31,833
Yeah the isolation of BLON BL-03 is slightly below average IMHO, hence I think it will not fare well in noisy environments.
Also I find there is a bit of distortion at higher volumes for me (especially in mid bass), but I think for the purposes of home usage, we wouldn't need to pump the volume up so high in the first place.
I had this issue as well; changing cables resolved the it. In my case, a TRN 16 core, SE cable that was less than $20 USD

Oct 11, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #20,225 of 31,833
Not QDC. QDC has rounded corners on the protruding parts. BL-03 is like TFZ and some NICEHCK, right angle corners, and I’ve yet to see aftermarket cables specifically cater to that. Just get some 2-pin cables that sit as flush as possible.

QDC cable tested not working on BL03, 2 pin ones are very fragile on BL03
NX7 type connecter is probably the best fitting (leaving a little bit plastic showing though) ones currently available.

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #20,226 of 31,833
I have to say, the hype is real with the Blons. Damn, these were $30?!?

The tuning is spot on my preference. Kudos to the tuner! Don’t get these and expect perfectly flat tuning for your orchestral/classical music (although the Blons do have good timbre). The Blons remind me a lot of the Sony MH755, which is a Harman-esque tuning with a few extra dBs of sub bass punch added in.

I totally get what people say about the fit, though. With an ill-fitting tip, the sound is mediocre. With a perfect-fitting tip, the sound is excellent. For me, that meant using a tip with a long core. Luckily, I didn’t need any spacers or o-rings. I’m currently using MH755 tips, but Starlines also work well. I didn’t try SpinFits because I don’t really like them, but I can see how they would work really well with solving fitment problems with this IEM. And I’m sure triple flange tips would be a great option too. YMMV.

Also, the stock cable isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, I can see why cable sluts say it’s trash, but if you’re familiar with a stock KZ/CCA cable you’ll know what to expect. Sure, you can change out the stock cable for something better, but IMO it’s not as dire of a situation as people have insisted. I did remove 1 of the 2 ear guide layers, which made a huge improvement in the fit of the stock cable.

I did want to option to change cables, so I reshaped the 2-pin plugs to fit Paragraph C/QDC cables with a perfect flush fit. It took me all of 5 minutes (with the appropriate jeweler’s file).

While my photo shows a JC Ally copper cable, that cable is ridiculously massive for such a light and compact IEM as the Blon. So I ultimately changed it for the copper ZSN cable (from the purple ZSN), which is a no-nonsense cable that has a good balance between lightweight fit and fairly low resistance.

I do feel that a cable with a ‘bent’ 2-pin plug is needed (like the stock cable, QDC, Paragraph C, NX7, etc), vs the ‘straight’ 2-pin plug like many cables have (such as the NiceHCK and other cables). The ‘bend’ really helps with proper fitment around the ear, and overall stability. Especially given that the straight 2-pin cables (like NiceHCK and others) sit on TOP of the stock socket, which exaggerates the fit problem around the ear even more (making it even less stable). If you see the difference in fit between these 2 cables, you’ll understand what I’m talking about:

In conclusion, we can all joke about the ridiculous Chinglish like Oppity and Driams, but jokes aside this is a game changing earphone that has significantly raised the bar of what we will expect from a $30 budget earphone.

I’m ordering a 2nd pair.
You really are a very perceptive and knowledgeable individual. There's not a single thing here I disagree with. I plan to file the connectors on mine too. But does it make the original cable unusable on it?

Oct 11, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #20,227 of 31,833
I have to say, the hype is real with the Blons. Damn, these were $30?!?

The tuning is spot on my preference. Kudos to the tuner! Don’t get these and expect perfectly flat tuning for your orchestral/classical music (although the Blons do have good timbre). The Blons remind me a lot of the Sony MH755, which is a Harman-esque tuning with a few extra dBs of sub bass punch added in.

I totally get what people say about the fit, though. With an ill-fitting tip, the sound is mediocre. With a perfect-fitting tip, the sound is excellent. For me, that meant using a tip with a long core. Luckily, I didn’t need any spacers or o-rings. I’m currently using MH755 tips, but Starlines also work well. I didn’t try SpinFits because I don’t really like them, but I can see how they would work really well with solving fitment problems with this IEM. And I’m sure triple flange tips would be a great option too. YMMV.

Also, the stock cable isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, I can see why cable sluts say it’s trash, but if you’re familiar with a stock KZ/CCA cable you’ll know what to expect. Sure, you can change out the stock cable for something better, but IMO it’s not as dire of a situation as people have insisted. I did remove 1 of the 2 ear guide layers, which made a huge improvement in the fit of the stock cable.

I did want to option to change cables, so I reshaped the 2-pin plugs to fit Paragraph C/QDC cables with a perfect flush fit. It took me all of 5 minutes (with the appropriate jeweler’s file).

While my photo shows a JC Ally copper cable, that cable is ridiculously massive for such a light and compact IEM as the Blon. So I ultimately changed it for the copper ZSN cable (from the purple ZSN), which is a no-nonsense cable that has a good balance between lightweight fit and fairly low resistance.

I do feel that a cable with a ‘bent’ 2-pin plug is needed (like the stock cable, QDC, Paragraph C, NX7, etc), vs the ‘straight’ 2-pin plug like many cables have (such as the NiceHCK and other cables). The ‘bend’ really helps with proper fitment around the ear, and overall stability. Especially given that the straight 2-pin cables (like NiceHCK and others) sit on TOP of the stock socket, which exaggerates the fit problem around the ear even more (making it even less stable). If you see the difference in fit between these 2 cables, you’ll understand what I’m talking about:

In conclusion, we can all joke about the ridiculous Chinglish like Oppity and Driams, but jokes aside this is a game changing earphone that has significantly raised the bar of what we will expect from a $30 budget earphone.

I’m ordering a 2nd pair.
I don`t know if You have had opportunity to try out KPE or regular KP but I think You would like those IEMs too (probably regular more).
I just got my BL03 and agree - it is VERY good for 30$ and MUST HAVE imho.
Posted my short initial impressions compared to KPE on BLON thread.

Oct 11, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #20,228 of 31,833
You really are a very perceptive and knowledgeable individual. There's not a single thing here I disagree with. I plan to file the connectors on mine too. But does it make the original cable unusable on it?

Thanks, friend :)

Believe it or not, I was literally just checking that exact minutes before seeing your post. I’m happy to report that it still works perfectly fine with the stock cable!

Also, if anyone is interested, I’m currently using the Blons with the JC Ally QDC 8-core balanced cable (filed/modded socket of course).

The Blons do seem to give some benefits from more power. I have tried them in combination with the FiiO E12A and A5, with good results. However, I am in totally in love when running in balanced mode! Those with the ES100, try enabling 2x (balanced) mode. It makes a noticeable difference over 1x (balanced) mode. Very, very clean sound.

Can anyone provide more details about the supposed sound difference between the brown and silver colors? I forget who it was that 1st made the comment, but I’m skeptical that Blon would intentionally do this. I have a feeling any difference (real or perceived) could be chalked up to normal manufacturing variance. But who knows.

Bonus fact: The stock Blon cable works on TFZ IEMs with the NX7-style socket. Although, while the TFZ cable technically fits the Blon too, it doesn’t sit down all the way and therefore leaves a little gap from the extra bit of the Blon socket sticking up.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #20,229 of 31,833
I don`t know if You have had opportunity to try out KPE or regular KP but I think You would like those IEMs too (probably regular more).
I just got my BL03 and agree - it is VERY good for 30$ and MUST HAVE imho.
Posted my short initial impressions compared to KPE on BLON thread.

I’ve always wanted to try out the Kanas Pro, Regular Kanas (non-Pro), and even the newer KXXS. I just never got around to buying them. You’re right about the regular Kanas (non-Pro) though - from everything I’ve read, I know I would like the regular one better due to its beefier low end.

I’ve been really trying to make a conscious effort to curb my audio gear spending (due to other priorities), and honestly after getting the Audiosense T800 I have had no desire to get any other earphones! Despite the overwhelmingly positive comments, I skipped buying the KZ ZSX, CCA C12, JVC HA-FDX1, and many others.

The Blon was my 1st exception (because I have a soft spot for dynamics), and boy am I glad I made an exception!

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #20,230 of 31,833
@Slater How do the Blons compare to the T800? Is the T800 "worth" the extra? It's probably as much as I would want to spend on a pair of headphones these days so would need to be absolute endgame.

I agree totally about the Blons liking the extra power of a decent amp. I find that with all the dynamics I own. The Tin T2 in particular goes from being "meh" to "wow" with decent amplification.

Oct 11, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #20,231 of 31,833
@Slater How do the Blons compare to the T800? Is the T800 "worth" the extra? It's probably as much as I would want to spend on a pair of headphones these days so would need to be absolute endgame.

I agree totally about the Blons liking the extra power of a decent amp. I find that with all the dynamics I own. The Tin T2 in particular goes from being "meh" to "wow" with decent amplification.

If you want an all-BA IEM that actually has low end, then yes.

It was a total end game for me (at least, given the <$300 price bracket I was willing to pay). I own numerous all-BA IEMs, and even build my own. And I have always been disappointed by the lack of low end (sub bass) from all-BA earphones. The T800 uses vented Knowles bass drivers, and the end result is as close to a dynamic as you’re ever going to get.

With that said, it’s hard to compare T800 and Blon though. It’s not really fair, and the comparison is apples and oranges. One is a $300 all-BA IEM with Knowles drivers, and the other is a $30 single dynamic carbon driver.

My goal has always been to find an endgame all-BA and an endgame dynamic. I have found the endgame all-BA with the T800. The Blon is close for me, but there’s still a lot of dynamics I’d still like to hear before I feel like I found my endgame (Sony EX1000, wood drivers such as the JVC FW01, the JVC FDX1, etc).

Is the T800 10xs better than the Blon? No. Does the T800 perform at the level of many other $1k BA earphones? Totally. There are a lot of T800 owners that also own Andromedas, and they are flabbergasted at the performance offered by the T800.

I like the T800 because you can change out the dampers to tune the sound to your liking. You need a Knowles damper tool ($5) and to order spare Knowles dampers though, but they only cost $3/pair. The dampers are pretty easy to change, although they’re obviously not as easy to change as an IEM that has screw-on nozzle filters (like KZ ED9, BGVP DMG, LZ A4, A5, Semkarch CNT-1, etc).

I should mention that the T800 are sensitive, so cell phone users need not apply or you will get hiss and/or poor sound.

Be aware that Audiosense is coming out with a hybrid very soon (that will have a dynamic added to the BAs), so you may want to wait for that before deciding on anything.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #20,232 of 31,833

It was a total end game for me (at least, given the <$300,price bracket I was willing to pay). I own numerous all-BA IEMs, and even build my own. And I have always been disappointed by the lack of low end (sub bass) from all-BA earphones. The T800 uses vented Knowles bass drivers, and the end result is as close to a dynamic as you’re ever going to get.

With that said, it’s hard to compare T800 and Blon though. It’s not really fair, and the comparison is apples and oranges. One is a $300 all-BA IEM with Knowles drivers, and the other is a $30 single dynamic carbon driver.

My goal has always been to find an endgame all-BA and an endgame dynamic. I have found the endgame all-BA with the T800. The Blon is close for me, but there’s still some dynamics I’d like to hear (Sony EX1000, JVC woodies, JVC FDX1, etc).

Is the T800 10xs better than the Blon? No. Does the T800 perform at the level of other $1k BA earphones? Totally. There are a lot of T800 owners that also own Andromedas, and they are flabbergasted at the performance offered by the T800.

I like the T800 because you can change out the dampers to tune the sound to your liking. You need a Knowles damper tool ($5) and to order spare Knowles dampers though, but they only cost $3/pair. The dampers are pretty easy to change, although they’re obviously not as easy to change as an IEM that has screw-on nozzle filters (like KZ ED9, BGVP DMG, LZ A4, A5, Semkarch CNT-1, etc).

I should mention that the T800 are sensitive, so cell phone users need not apply or you will get hiss and/or poor sound.

Be aware that Audiosense is coming out with a hybrid very soon (that will have a dynamic added to the BAs), so you may want to wait for that before deciding on anything.

what about purely SQ, without comparing their EQ tuning? how do the Blons compare to the T800 in terms of resolution and technicalities (soundstage, separation, etc)?

Oct 11, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #20,233 of 31,833

It was a total end game for me (at least, given the <$300,price bracket I was willing to pay). I own numerous all-BA IEMs, and even build my own. And I have always been disappointed by the lack of low end (sub bass) from all-BA earphones. The T800 uses vented Knowles bass drivers, and the end result is as close to a dynamic as you’re ever going to get.

My goal has always been to find an endgame all-BA and an endgame dynamic. I have found the endgame all-BA with the T800.

Is the T800 10xs better than the Blon? No. Does the T800 perform at the level of other $1k BA earphones? Totally. There are a lot of T800 owners that also own Andromedas, and they are flabbergasted at the performance offered by the T800.

what about purely SQ, without comparing their EQ tuning? how do the Blons compare to the T800 in terms of resolution and technicalities (soundstage, separation, etc)?

Fully agree with your comparison of T800 vs BLON, @Slater . T800 is my endgame all BA set too. If the BLON had better fit, isolation and details it would be my endgame DD too.

I do think the BLON has better timbre than the all BA T800, but other areas like soundstage, isolation, clarity, details, instrument separation are won by the T800.
Even among the other single DD IEMs I have like Semkarch SKC CNT1, TFZ No. 3 and Toneking ninetails, the BLON loses to them in clarity and details, so it would lose to most other multi BA sets, (of which the T800 is the best I have in details and clarity).

Yeah but it's comparing oranges and apples as one has 8 BA and the other a single DD. Having said that, their sonic signature are opposite though. T800 in stock form is very bright and in your face with details. Whereas BLON is very musical and of a more laid back warmer presentation.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #20,234 of 31,833
Fully agree with your comparison of T800 vs BLON, @Slater . T800 is my endgame all BA set too. If the BLON had better fit, isolation and details it would be my endgame DD too.

I do think the BLON has better timbre than the all BA T800, but other areas like soundstage, isolation, clarity, details, instrument separation are won by the T800.
Yeah but it's comparing oranges and apples as one has 8 BA and the other a single DD. Having said that, their sonic signature are opposite though. T800 in stock form is very bright and in your face with details. Whereas BLON is very musical and of a more laid back warmer presentation.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Oct 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #20,235 of 31,833
If the BLON had better fit, isolation and details it would be my endgame DD too.

Have you tried the Sony MH755 tips? They're sooo good on Blons. I couldn't feel the hype until I tried the blon with them. Also, adding a foam ring inside of the tip turning them into hybrid also improves the isolation drastically to me, I'd give it a try. I keep recommending this tutorial because it was game-changer isolation-wise to me, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back