CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 5, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #20,101 of 31,833
Well music and gear is subjective so one man's meat is another man's poison, nothing right or wrong, and I'll respect others' opinions too.

I haven't heard the TFZ T2. But my 2 cents worth is that I have compared the BLON BL-03 to my 3 other single DD IEMs that are more expensive than it (TFZ No. 3, Toneking Nine Tails, Semkarch SKC CNT1), and it can hold its own ground against them, considering those are retailing at ~ $100 USD.

The tuning of the BLON BL-03 is very musical, and its timbre and tonality is excellent. It is great for certain genres like acoustic, jazz, classical, but maybe other genres it may not be the best. For sure it won't beat the TFZ No. 3 in subbass extension and bassheadery, or it won't beat the multi BAs/hybrids in clarity and instrument separation/details, but it does well in most areas. IMHO I think it's strongest area is timbre, I dare say it is better than my Nine Tails in this area. Not everyone cares about timbre though, in fact most reviewers don't mention timbre in their reviews.

It's not perfect of course. I find the isolation is below average and it doesn't have as good instrument separation/clarity/details as some of the above 3 single DD IEMs.

Are u using stock tips? The sound is crap with tips that are not modified or have long nozzles.
I'm using spinfit eartips and a $7 USD NICEHCK 8 core copper cable with the BLON BL-03, so maybe total cost is $43 USD. I think it is quite good value for the coin.
I used a number of tips on the BLON 03 and the best seal were given by the NewBee Foams. Don't get me wrong, it sounds good. I just like wide sound stage with deep sub bass with forward mids, I've said it before and I'll say it again - the BLON 03 is a lot like the MH755, it's okay. It can be very good if you don't like peaky treble, as it has none of that.

Oct 5, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #20,102 of 31,833
After a week I'm convinced the BLON 03 is nothing special, I don't get the hype. It's likely that people just prefer different sound signatures however. People talking about it killing IEM's under $100??? lol have you tried the TFZ T2, likely not. If you guys are adding tips and a cable to the BLON 03 you're in the same category as the TFZ T2 and it smokes it in every possible way, times 2.

Thank you man, You just saved me $$ and I won't purchase the BLON and I always thought the MH755 sounded exactly like the T2, so you did me a huge favor :)

Oct 5, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #20,105 of 31,833
I used a number of tips on the BLON 03 and the best seal were given by the NewBee Foams. Don't get me wrong, it sounds good. I just like wide sound stage with deep sub bass with forward mids, I've said it before and I'll say it again - the BLON 03 is a lot like the MH755, it's okay. It can be very good if you don't like peaky treble, as it has none of that.

K I hope u find the ideal IEM u are looking for!

Yeah, the BLON BL-03 has a somewhat similar tuning to the Sony MH755, but personally I find that the BLON BL-03 has slight refinements over the MH755 in isolation, timbre and resolution. And the BLON's vocals and instruments ain't as thin sounding as the MH755's. But MH755 is very good for the price, I would say the MH755 is not too far away in sound quality from BL-03.

However, the BLON BL-03 doesn't have the J shaped microphonic short undetachable cable of the MH755. I don't have skills to recable or do MMCX mods, and it costs at least $30 USD to do a MMCX mod in my country, so I'm quite happy with the entrance fee to get the BLON with a detachable cable with slight improvements.

Oct 5, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #20,108 of 31,833
After a week I'm convinced the BLON 03 is nothing special, I don't get the hype. It's likely that people just prefer different sound signatures however. People talking about it killing IEM's under $100??? lol have you tried the TFZ T2, likely not. If you guys are adding tips and a cable to the BLON 03 you're in the same category as the TFZ T2 and it smokes it in every possible way, times 2.
I was given the TFZ T2 Galaxy, if that’s they one you’re referring to, by a felllow headfier as a gift.
For me, it’s a very capable iem. And I was amazed by it for its price at first. But it sits in my drawer now, asleep. It’s the treble that lets it down. It’s unnatural and overdone, like many budget chifi efforts to dig out detail.
NiceHCK NX7 is similar and I think The Tin models lean that way a little. It’s been discussed before.
However, this is all opinion...but hey, isn’t everything. This whole site is based on that.
If you like Galaxy then who am I?

I prefer Blon...but I also see that it’s not for everyone. It also has its downsides. The bass is a little hollow at times and can overpower for some. But the timbre and stage is quite special - especially for £23!
Yes it needs tip rolling for proper fit and the cable is questionable but hey.

As for mh755. I have a few of those...a couple are having new cables put on for me.
But Blon is way better ultimately and I don’t think they’re that similar either.
I know that’s not what you were saying. But both are superb for their price.
You think Blon are nothing special...but I’ve heard £1000 plus IEMs that I think it beats - certainly for enjoyment...there’s a lot of hype over supposed TOTL IEMs too so we just have to live with it I guess.

Oct 5, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #20,110 of 31,833
I've been using the semkarch CNT 1 for many weeks now, and it's quite good. (cable absolute horse manure)
Certainly improvement over the ****.

However I ordered a Pair of Blon bl 03 for a friend as I heard they were similar to the CNT 1.
Immediately after listening to them for only about 5 songs I could tell they were something special, and clearly superior to my CNT 1 in many ways. With the **** to CNT jump, it was better, but the jump this time was more noticeable, and the soundstage on the BLON was wider and nicer than the CNT which wasn't as good as the ****.

I might have to get a BLON...
(still don't feel bad about getting a CNT1, they have fantastic passive noise isloation, better for gym. Blons aren't too much worse in that regard though.)

On a seperate note, the passive NC on my CNT1 is better than the ANC on my blitzwolf ANC set. I don't really know what to do with those now.

Oct 5, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #20,111 of 31,833
I love the blon 03 but I changed cable and tips. To me it sounds as good as some £1000 iems. But we are all different. They are not perfect but pretty close to my preferences. AND just $30. I can buy a few sets in case they break too

Oct 5, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #20,112 of 31,833
As for mh755. I have a few of those...a couple are having new cables put on for me.
But Blon is way better ultimately and I don’t think they’re that similar either.
I know that’s not what you were saying. But both are superb for their price.
You think Blon are nothing special...but I’ve heard £1000 plus IEMs that I think it beats - certainly for enjoyment...there’s a lot of hype over supposed TOTL IEMs too so we just have to live with it I guess.

... or just ignore it.
To my ears my Blons not only perform dangerously close to some of my more costly IEMs, like e.g. the Dunu DK-3001 but even give them a run for their money here and there. No surprise that those Dunus have a clear edge with their mid and treble details (Knowles BAs) but details ain't everything and the BL-03 beat them (and others) with their coherence, clarity and their unique, natural spatial representation, especially regarding depth and their almost visceral rendering of instrumental structures - hard to describe but it's there and I'm able to reproduce that sensation any time. On top of that the BL-03 have that rare quality that I tend to value above anything else - on many tracks, especially well recorded acoustic jazz ... they just get out of the way and there's nothing left but vibes - I almost never got that from those Dunus and not that often from the MH755 - big, fat + for the Blons.
Again, if the Blons really sport the same drivers as the Tanchjim Oxygens I'd really love to know what they did differently with the latter ones tuning wise.

To me it sounds as good as some £1000 iems. But we are all different. They are not perfect but pretty close to my preferences. AND just $30. I can buy a few sets in case they break too
While they're not the last word technically they're pretty darn close to my preferences as well, so close actually that I wouldn't miss too much if these were my only IEMs - they're my cheapest set that can pull off that trick.

PS: my second set just arrived at the local PO (40m away, lol) and a third one is on its way already. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #20,113 of 31,833
I like the Blon BL-03 but I don't understand the super hype around it as well....i think chi-fi should work more on good DD like the BL-03 cause people are kinda tired of balanced armature timbre perhaps. And yeah, its time I try TFZ....but appart from this company, who do sub-50$ great single DD?? The Vsonic VS3 is nice, clearer and more balanced than BL-03, but a little dry in timbre and harsh in upper mids wich make them less enjoyable IMO

OH, Whats you audio source bro??

Oct 5, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #20,114 of 31,833
The thing for me with BL-03 is the rather clumsy fit, if the eartips go too deep it affect badly soundstage, imaging and dynamic.

Perhaps its only my ears that got too much iem in there so well...its like a screw that turn loose in its hole.

Anyway, right now they are well fitted and it really make me wonder about people saying soundstage is narrow....its ain't right fitted for them I think.

Okay....i understand the hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back