CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 4, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #19,651 of 31,833
I already asked this in the TFZ thread, but maybe more people see it in here.
Can someone compare the TFZ T2 Galaxy, the TFZ My Love 2019 and the Semkarch CNT1 (and maybe the KZ ZS10Pro)?
I like a v-shape signature and the IEMs shouldn't stick out of the ear (that much) :)
If u're treble sensitive don't buy tfz t2. Upper midrange can be really harsh.

Sep 4, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #19,652 of 31,833
Price with Semkarch CNT1 won't be in issue, since there are stil some available for 43$.
So, how does the CNT1 compare and how much does each IEM stick out of the ears? :)

I will use the IEM mostly for electric music and rock, also some charts.
Semkarch is small and completely fit inside my ear with no protrusion. Can wear full face helmet or sleep in them. Some cables mmcx connectors are bigger then others so that may be a factor in full face obtrusion. Cnt1 is a great iem.

Sep 4, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #19,653 of 31,833
I use the ZS10 Pro as my daily commuting driver on the subway/bus, and the isolation is above average. I've tried it on a few airplane rides too, very adequate. Good enough that I don't have to boost the volume to hear all the frequencies, especially since I find bass is the first frequency to be lost in a poorly isolating IEM.
I have used it for stage monitoring next to a set of noisy drums and it provides adequate isolation too IMHO.

But I do use Spinfit CP 100 eartips with them, it provides better isolation than the stock tips, YMMV.

I'll be using Spinfit CP 145 eartips specifically bought for the ZS-10 Pro, and I'll also have a KZ mixed gold/silver 8-core cable specifically for the ZS-10 Pro, in case it is needed.

With regard to the other posts on this page, it's interesting that I'll have a CNT-1, ZS-10 Pro, and T2 Galaxy to compare by the end of the month.

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #19,654 of 31,833
These tips were good for my KZ history and love of shouty music but destoyed ****'s fragile yet detailed and calm nature :) Thus I recommend Mandarin tips only if your iem sound preferance ain't so. delicate..

there is another one similar with just slightly larger hole. its made of slightly thinner softer material and greyish without the border at the hole . It gives me better sq in most of my IEMS

This one :

KZ-ZSN-Pro-with-eartips.jpg

Sep 4, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #19,655 of 31,833
I got my Moondrop Crescents in the mail today. This one is a winner. Putting it through its paces with my test tracks I'm enjoying it over many harsher chi-fi competitors (KZ I'm talking to you). Unfortunately, they are no longer made and unavailable on AliExpress. I found mine on Amazon.

While they are not quite as detailed as my Toneking Nine Tails, they are very good for the $30 price point. Off course the Blon BL-03 sound like a mighty competitor in this price range...

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #19,656 of 31,833
Oh don't know if it was reported. The latest NiceHCK lucky bag was a NiceHCK B40.
Single dynamic driver 14.8mm 32ohm.
but is not an IEM is a normal flat earbud so isolation is limited. Comes with a cloth bag and 5 sets of sponges.. some with holes in the center..some full cover of the earbud.
Had to turn up my volume to use it (compared to CCA C16 volumes).
I'm using a Topping NX4 DSD dac.
Not sure how to review it. Because its not in-ear it (most of my earphones for the past 4-5 years are all in-ear), its sounds a little weak as I'm probably not used to them..
Mids to highs are fairly clear.. But bass seems not pronounced.

After a couple of hours it does sound better.. my ears are getting use to them.

Just arrived.. I'll let it burn in for a few days and see if I still like it..

Sep 6, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #19,657 of 31,833
IMG_20190906_111301.jpg

So they're here. I've just had a quick listen to them to check they work and stuff. I've not done any comparitive listening as yet but my first impression is that these are pretty darned good. They're similarly tuned to the BL03 in that they are very musical sounding. Downsides to note are that it isn't an IEM for the bass head (certainly not with flat eq and stock tips anyway) - it seems to go deep but doesn't have the presence of the BL03. It's better in that regard than the T2 I suspect though. The treble seems to roll off fairly early too but my ears are equally responsible for that. Definitely for the money these are a bit of a giant killer. Quite which giants they kill I will know when I have rolled tips and done some back to back listening. Fitment is good too with the exception of the stock tips seeming just a bit small. They're worn down rather than up and they fit nicely in my ears (the BL03 is only just comfortable and the CNT-1 isn't very comfortable at all.)

Sep 6, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #19,658 of 31,833
My Tin t3 just arrived. It gives you WOW on some records. And a worthy upgrade over t2. The metallic veil all over t2's sound is at %30 right now. Plus a huge increase of details. For eg. you can hear the players fingers movements on strings of contrabass. Freaking naturality uh? :dt880smile:

But in the end **** **** wins. Why, its cheaper and gives you a premium listening experience near t3's level.

Sep 6, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #19,659 of 31,833
But in the end **** **** wins. Why, its cheaper and gives you a premium listening experience near t3's level.

I've not heard the **** but it is interesting how tuning can make some of the real, supercheap, ChiFi bargains punch so far above their weight

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #19,660 of 31,833
So TinHifi is apparently making a TinHifi T4, according to their Twitter. I wonder how "high-end" it'll be in terms of price.

Sep 6, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #19,661 of 31,833
Been listening a bit more to the Bl01s with some silicone tips off some other IEM that I had lying around but that fit my ear better than the 2 pairs included in the box. Compared to the BL03 there is a bit of a loss of separation (especially in the bass, drum and guitar can get a bit muddy). There is a slightly more compressed tone to the 01, The louds aren't quite as loud and aggressive as on the 03. The weight of the IEM and the fact it's worn down does exert some pressure and try to pull them out of your ears. Detail if anything is possibly slightly more than on the 03 though and the timbre much like the 03 is a real high point. I've a soft spot for the KZ ED9 because it does nothing badly and lets me enjoy the music rather than critically analyzing the headphones. These are similarly unobtrusive and better than the ED9. Subjectively, 80% of the performance of the BL03 for 30% of the price. I'm currently listening to "Here comes your man" and these little cheapies are making a better fist of it than anything I have heard.

Edit - the cable is a fixed design (not out of the way at the price but interchangeable would be nice). It's a bit microphonic but not as bad as the one on the Sennheiser IE60.
Also, I've been listening to these for about two hours and they definitely seem to be opening up a little bit and sounding less compressed. Separation still isn't the best. It can't quite keep with the bass line on Descendents' "Merican" in the way the Tin T2 or Blon BL03 manage.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #19,662 of 31,833
So TinHifi is apparently making a TinHifi T4, according to their Twitter. I wonder how "high-end" it'll be in terms of price.

I would only consider a new TinHifi product if they quit using that ill-fitting shell.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #19,663 of 31,833

So they're here. I've just had a quick listen to them to check they work and stuff. I've not done any comparitive listening as yet but my first impression is that these are pretty darned good. They're similarly tuned to the BL03 in that they are very musical sounding. Downsides to note are that it isn't an IEM for the bass head (certainly not with flat eq and stock tips anyway) - it seems to go deep but doesn't have the presence of the BL03. It's better in that regard than the T2 I suspect though. The treble seems to roll off fairly early too but my ears are equally responsible for that. Definitely for the money these are a bit of a giant killer. Quite which giants they kill I will know when I have rolled tips and done some back to back listening. Fitment is good too with the exception of the stock tips seeming just a bit small. They're worn down rather than up and they fit nicely in my ears (the BL03 is only just comfortable and the CNT-1 isn't very comfortable at all.)

You really think the CNT1 is that uncomfortable?

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #19,664 of 31,833
For me, the CNT-1 is uncomfortable. Changing the cable has helped but it is just a bit too long from the front to the back of my ear. I seem to be the only person to find this. My ears aren't small but must be a weird shape.

Sep 6, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #19,665 of 31,833
If u're treble sensitive don't buy tfz t2. Upper midrange can be really harsh.
I tend to agree with this. The upper mids on the T2 Galaxy are pushed very forward, it can be a bit too much, a lot of upper register vocals and electric guitars in that range can get overwhelming. I do like the T2 Galaxy a lot, but that upper mids boost is my only real complaint.

I do prefer the CNT-1 to the T2 Galaxy overall, and I can wear the CNT-1 for hours a day, many times for hours while walking, it's extremely comfortable. T2 Galaxy is pretty comfortable as well though. Interestingly enough, both of these shipped with defective cables that I had to replace immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back