CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 28, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #19,546 of 31,833
Would love hear from someone who has owned both the Tin T2 and T3 earphones. I love my T2's and want to know of there is any significant improvement in the T3. The price seems good at the moment with the AliExpress sales on.

I love the clarity and mids of the T2, with still plenty of bass with the stock foam tips (definitely not as bass lacking as some people claim).

Otherwise does anyone have any recommendations for earphones that might improve on the T2 for under $70 USD?

Depends on your tastes and preferences. I wasn't a lover of the T2 or T3 when they were lent to me to try. I also found, like some here, that they were too bright and the treble too hot for me.
Not my idea of balanced or natural but ymmv etc etc. I know many better qualified than myself think the sun shines out of their Tinny ars@s :)

Personally, I'm a bit of a bass head. Getting iems to shine in the bass department isn't easy...whilst still retaining clarity in the mids and allowing a pleasant sparkle in the highs for soundstage...hm.
Not sure there's much under $200 that do that the way I like it.
But I'm still trying for the Holy Grail there! (not much comes close to what's in my signatory for me tastes for the price. Empire Ears Legend X is possibly the only IEM that I've heard that might tempt me to part with £2000 plus...but you can get close for a fraction.)

So, for me I love **** (yes there's some issue with certain instruments in classical but I think that's a bit overplayed tbh). Just get a good cable (the ones mentioned before - NiceHNK etc) and some very good fitting tips (recommend foams for ****). It can be a monster with some EQing. The bass can be sensational. The vocals beautiful. And the treble nicely sparkly. The soundstage can really impress on these.
Also, of course, the performance can depend on source. And yeah, hate me for it, but I EQ if it pleases my ears. Silly not to get **** for $15, no? I've had many a round of drinks that costs more.

Also...just got the NiceHNK M6. That's nice too. Crystal clear to my ears and gear. Nice bass, clean mids and very good separation and detail. Not warm, not bright...
And MH755 of course. Everyone should have at least one set.

So to answer your question...do these improve on T2. For me, yes.

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #19,547 of 31,833
The Sony MH 755 finally came in the mail today. I'm seriously impressed by these. For 5 bucks, this is insane. I want to get them rewired. Any suggestions on where to do this? I thought there was a member on Head-Fi that does it.

For the time being I'll just order an extension cable. I have a friend in need of a pair so I'll send her a pair too. But, I really want to get these rewired. Wow. These are insane for the price. Step aside Monks.

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #19,548 of 31,833
The Sony MH 755 finally came in the mail today. I'm seriously impressed by these. For 5 bucks, this is insane. I want to get them rewired. Any suggestions on where to do this? I thought there was a member on Head-Fi that does it.

For the time being I'll just order an extension cable. I have a friend in need of a pair so I'll send her a pair too. But, I really want to get these rewired. Wow. These are insane for the price. Step aside Monks.

Impressive aren't they. I've often thought that if you had these and skipped all the other IEM's barring the special top ones, you'd be a richer wiser person.

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #19,551 of 31,833
Depends on your tastes and preferences. I wasn't a lover of the T2 or T3 when they were lent to me to try. I also found, like some here, that they were too bright and the treble too hot for me.
Not my idea of balanced or natural but ymmv etc etc. I know many better qualified than myself think the sun shines out of their Tinny ars@s :)

Personally, I'm a bit of a bass head. Getting iems to shine in the bass department isn't easy...whilst still retaining clarity in the mids and allowing a pleasant sparkle in the highs for soundstage...hm.
Not sure there's much under $200 that do that the way I like it.
But I'm still trying for the Holy Grail there! (not much comes close to what's in my signatory for me tastes for the price. Empire Ears Legend X is possibly the only IEM that I've heard that might tempt me to part with £2000 plus...but you can get close for a fraction.)

So, for me I love **** (yes there's some issue with certain instruments in classical but I think that's a bit overplayed tbh). Just get a good cable (the ones mentioned before - NiceHNK etc) and some very good fitting tips (recommend foams for ****). It can be a monster with some EQing. The bass can be sensational. The vocals beautiful. And the treble nicely sparkly. The soundstage can really impress on these.
Also, of course, the performance can depend on source. And yeah, hate me for it, but I EQ if it pleases my ears. Silly not to get **** for $15, no? I've had many a round of drinks that costs more.

Also...just got the NiceHNK M6. That's nice too. Crystal clear to my ears and gear. Nice bass, clean mids and very good separation and detail. Not warm, not bright...
And MH755 of course. Everyone should have at least one set.

So to answer your question...do these improve on T2. For me, yes.
Thanks, I'll definitely try the ****!

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #19,552 of 31,833
You know I love my Tunai Piano.

Should be more of us :)

what...are they that nice?

I shut the door on Tunai proposing me them after confusion about multiple time shipment struggling.

Yeah, they have a very easy to enjoy sound. I've went from genre to genre and they surprise me every time how they play such diverse music styles, fast and slow alike. I only recently started properly appreciating the French singer ZAZ and love hearing the big band, jazz numbers she's so good at, then over to Bowie and Let's Dance sounds upbeat and edgy with those electronic notes pinging side to side and his powerful lead vocal centre stage.

Yeah, read about them months ago...get excited....and was suppose to review them....get confuse and forget about them...sure, ceramic hybrid interest me. The construction kind of worry me tough, and yeah the mic....i rarely see people using iem with mic on the stree to be honnest dont know the obsession about this. Anyway, now that some people here rave about them my interest is intense.

How do you find the vocal???

Vocals have good articulation and weight.

I can see how looking at them you'd think the build could be an issue but I've had them in and out of my pocket and while in the gym/running. The shells are solid. They look great in hand. Again the cable is the only thing I'd improve, but would that take away from the aesthetics? Still strong enough imo.

£50 is a lot in this busy market, but you're defo getting quality sound for your money.

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #19,553 of 31,833
Someone mentioned the cable on the BLON BL-03 should be replaced, as it's "crap"?

I've noticed the Blon actually comes in two cables: a brown and a silver. Are both
bad?

Edit: Also how do the different cables change the sound?

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #19,554 of 31,833
Someone mentioned the cable on the BLON BL-03 should be replaced, as it's "crap"?

I've noticed the Blon actually comes in two cables: a brown and a silver. Are both
bad?

There is nothing inherently wrong with the cable. I have had no desire to change mine. If it fits comfortably over your ear then no problem.

Aug 28, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #19,555 of 31,833
I've been using the **** for maybe 6 months, and love them, but love them even more now that I realised that they severely benefit from EQ. After listening to a sine sweep 20-20,000, I put
+1db on 2khz,
-5db on 4khz
+1db on 8khz
It sounds far far closer to flat now. after doing it I don't even know how I could have listened to it before now. Its far more lifelike and natural in tone.
I have a CNT-1 and blitzwolf anc earphone coming for the gym too, will compare.

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #19,556 of 31,833
Impressive aren't they. I've often thought that if you had these and skipped all the other IEM's barring the special top ones, you'd be a richer wiser person.

Definitely! These go deeper than many pairs 20x their price. They don't have a lot of "space", but, wow, they extend DEEP. We're talking like 20 hz NP without significant bleed into the midrange.

I just need to get them rewired!

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #19,557 of 31,833
Aug 29, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #19,558 of 31,833
Aug 29, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #19,559 of 31,833
IMG_20190829_211614.jpg

A bunch of goodies arrived recently lol. Also I bought all of these as well.

Audiosense T180 Pro - Sounds decent but I can hear the limits of a single BA.
Hifi BCD X10 - My second one as the original was out of phase and L /R were the wrong way round. This one is now in phase but L and R are still the wrong way round lol. Sounds decent.
Semkarch SKC CNT1 - Sounds great and the gold filter seems to add a little treble and reduces bass a bit compared to the black filter. The cable memory wire I am not keen on.
Blon BL-03 -Have not tried yet.

Great chi-fi :)

Aug 29, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #19,560 of 31,833

A bunch of goodies arrived recently lol. Also I bought all of these as well.

Audiosense T180 Pro - Sounds decent but I can hear the limits of a single BA.
Hifi BCD X10 - My second one as the original was out of phase and L /R were the wrong way round. This one is now in phase but L and R are still the wrong way round lol. Sounds decent.
Semkarch SKC CNT1 - Sounds great and the gold filter seems to add a little treble and reduces bass a bit compared to the black filter. The cable memory wire I am not keen on.
Blon BL-03 -Have not tried yet.

Great chi-fi :)
can you compare the Blon and CNT1 when you have time, i am expecting them but will wait more than two weeks for the CNT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back