CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 15, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #18,421 of 31,833
I use trn v30 now, is it worth to buy cca c10 if i want an upgrade? Or there is any better option?

My budget is less than $50, already change the cable to trn 8 core and spinfit cp100 too

For me, I prefer ZS10 PRO, if you like mids, try to read about BQEYZ KB100, or ZS7. For me C10 is just average good, but technical abilites, sub bass is better on ZS10 PRO, soundstage also, and overall resolution, if you can stretch your budget until $100, get TFZ No3 this is crazy value and you will feel significant upgrade to your v30.

@DynamicEars are they easy to drive I mean the tfz no.3?
very easy to drive buddy, i was surprised too, just like old KZs, yeah they're that loud (newer KZs like ZSN, ZS10 PRO are much easier)

Jun 16, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #18,422 of 31,833
I use trn v30 now, is it worth to buy cca c10 if i want an upgrade? Or there is any better option?

My budget is less than $50, already change the cable to trn 8 core and spinfit cp100 too

If you prefer balanced signature (C10) then KB100 is excellent choice at $50

Jun 16, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #18,423 of 31,833

KB100 for me technically better than C10, C10 is good, but just average good, nothing special for me. same mid bass bleed , but KB100 has better imaging, very precise, and smooth mature sounding, and KB100 mids, hard to beat at below $50 delicate, forward, smooth, quite clear

Jun 16, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #18,424 of 31,833
For me, I prefer ZS10 PRO, if you like mids, try to read about BQEYZ KB100, or ZS7. For me C10 is just average good, but technical abilites, sub bass is better on ZS10 PRO, soundstage also, and overall resolution, if you can stretch your budget until $100, get TFZ No3 this is crazy value and you will feel significant upgrade to your v30.

Kb100 use 0.78 connector right? Does 0.75 connector wil fit on it?

Jun 16, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #18,425 of 31,833
Jun 16, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #18,426 of 31,833
Kb100 use 0.78 connector right? Does 0.75 connector wil fit on it?

yes it will, it's almost no differences. 0.03 just a dust size

Jun 16, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #18,427 of 31,833
I was hoping that QR code too you to a webpage with more information. But alas, it’s just a link to TinHifi’s WeChat. Oh well, I tried. Guess we’ll just have to wait for more information...
Just posted. They go on sale Thursday June 6

Jun 16, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #18,428 of 31,833
My impressions of the TRN X6.

When it comes to the X6 I think the first thing that has to be discussed is the Elephant in the room. If you look at TRN’s promotional material it says “Painstakingly-tuned by audio professionals and musicians for the most neutral sound possible”. I am rather cautious about promotional claims but in this case it appears TRN’s intention was to actually make a "Neutral" tuned earphone. It is my understanding that their target was based on the Etymotic ER4SR. I know that a discussion about what is “Neutral” will go around and around and not arrive at any definitive conclusion but I think it is safe to say that many in this hobby think of Etymotic when they think of a “Neutral” earphone and the ER4SR is Etymotic’s “Studio Reference” model. So what is the Elephant in the room, it is the fact that most consumers prefer V shaped tuning or a tuning that reflects the Harman curve over a “Neutral” tuned earphone. The evidence for this is easy to see. Most Chinese earphones have V shaped tuning which is understandable as their profits are based on volume so the majority rules. Are there any other Chinese earphones currently advertising a budget earphone with “Neutral” tuning? If there is I’m not aware of them and if they are advertising it are they actually tuning their earphones towards “Neutral”? So if the majority prefer something other than “Neutral” why would TRN make a “Neutral” earphone? Why because there are some who do like “Neutral” tuning and I believe there is almost no competition for a “Neutral” tuned earphone in the budget market.

So when evaluating the TRN X6 it becomes a 2 step process.

First do you like “Neutral” tuning?

If no, then I would suggest this is not the earphone for you. However you might want to check out the V30, IM1 Pro or IM2.

If yes, then the second step to consider is how does the TRN X6 do with all the other things like clarity, detail retrieval, soundstage etc.

So what do I hear when I listen to the X6.

Sub bass – the X6 presents the listener with very little to no sub bass.

Bass – the X6 is bass light to the degree that most would be unsatisfied with amount of bass presented. The bass that you get is well textured and mid bass focused. The bass does not bleed into the mids.

Mids – in my opinion this is where the X6 really shines. The mids are forward making vocals very clear with both warmth and body. With the X6 being bass light the tendance might be to try to increase bass by increasing volume. If you do with the X6 mids become overdone. With this earphone you must adjust your volume according the mids and the bass is what it is.

Treble – unlike the IM1 Pro that has well extended and very detailed treble, the X6 rolls off earlier and sacrifices some detail for warmth. Where the IM1 Pro’s treble is more analytical the X6’s treble presents the listener with a relaxed treble that is free from sibilance and is not fatiguing.

Soundstage /Instrument separation – to me I find the soundstage of the X6 average. However the relaxed bass does allow the mids and treble lots of room for good instrument separation.

So how did TRN do with their neutral earphone? I wish I had the Etymotic ER4SR to make a direct comparison, it has been on my wish list for a long time, but I haven’t been able justify the cost.

What I do have are the Hifiman RE400, Vivo XE800 and UiiSii Hi905 three earphones that fit into what I classify as neutral.

The Hifiman RE400 give a little more bass, has a cable that I feel is very poor and the treble presentation lacks the smoothness of the X6.

The Vivo XE800 also has a little more bass and is a little brighter in the treble. The build quality of the XE800 comes nowhere near the excellent build of the X6. There are so many fake Vivo XE800s now that you would be taking a gamble as to whether you can get a genuine XE800.

The UiiSii Hi905 has slightly less bass than the X6. Mids and treble have a lighter more airy presentation with a more analytical feel. I prefer the X6 due to the fit, build quality, replaceable cable and fuller bodied mids and treble.

Conclusion

I think TRN were successful in producing a very good “Neutral” tuned earphone for the budget market. Most people given an opportunity to listen the X6 would probably find it unusual especially if they have only experienced V shape tuned earphones. For many big bass is a necessary element for them to enjoy an earphone so the X6 is not for them nor do I believe that it was intended for them. If you are still readying at this point I assume that you have some interest in “Neutral” tuning or believe that the X6 will appeal to your particular taste in tuning. I thank TRN for building an earphone that I find very enjoyable to listen to. I hope others out there that have the X6 and are liking it will make their opinions known. I realized long ago that my tastes in earphones often are not the same as the majority but I hope I am not unique in my enjoyment of the X6.

Jun 17, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #18,430 of 31,833
My review of the HillAudio ALTAIR is up on headfi and my NO BS BLOG.

After having test around 100 different earphones in my life ranging from 5 to 700$, I can factually say that the Altair have the best construction I ever seen, touch and feel.

In term of sound its very capable with a warm, fun, energic and well balanced sound.

But man, jump on this if you search for an all arounder with TOTL construction and design, the custom resin housing is really really high end. No joke: i'm blown away.

They do look pretty gorgeous.

Jun 17, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #18,431 of 31,833
s-l300.jpg

There’s a new single DD by moondrop on alie express called “spaceship” its cheaper than the crescent, I’m buying it cause why not its just $20.

Jun 17, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #18,433 of 31,833
Have xiomi {Xiaomi?} redmi air dots coming in from Gearbest...

The Pro or the regular? Lemme know how you like them. I’ve been eyeing both the non-Pro and Pro for a while now.

Jun 17, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #18,434 of 31,833
The Pro or the regular? Lemme know how you like them. I’ve been eyeing both the non-Pro and Pro for a while now.
Hm... Looks like non pro

Screenshot_20190617-184109_Gearbest.jpg

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #18,435 of 31,833
Do the ZSN are still the king of budget, less than 20USD budget IEM?

Hm... Looks like non pro

That's Xiaomi Redmi Airdots(Redmi is actually their budget themed sub brand). They comes with physical button control and cheapest(and only black). Not to be confused be Xiaomi Mi Airdots Youth with touch sensitive control and their own AI incorporated so you have to deal with Chinese voice prompt during usage that cost almost double the Redmi's.
I believe the Airdots Pro look like the Apple Airpods. They come with stem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back