CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 25, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #18,076 of 31,834
I still can't choose the IEM to buy :frowning2:
I already have **** but they don't have enough bass for my music styles.
I listen mostly Rap. I want good bass (punchy and deep) and controlled Highs (no pierce / sibilance)
I made hardcore research this month and i can't choose between 3 IEM :
- KZ ZS7
- TFZ T2 Galaxy
- BQEYZ K2 (I saw that if you cover the air outlets you can have a good bassy result)

I'm open to every over recommandation but some help would be very nice thank you (Sorry for my english)

May 25, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #18,079 of 31,834
I listen mostly Rap. I want good bass (punchy and deep) and controlled Highs (no pierce / sibilance)
- KZ ZS7
- TFZ T2 Galaxy
- BQEYZ K2 (I saw that if you cover the air outlets you can have a good bassy result)

I'm open to every over recommandation but some help would be very nice thank you (Sorry for my english)

I have both **** and ZS7, i can say that these K2 follow a more balanced sound than KZs so if you are looking for bass i would skip it as a vent mod can result in some problems like muffled sound, driver flex and several other's. The ZS7 is the best KZ i heard so far in terms of technichalities, and this includes the very controlled bass. It has decent speed even being very beefy in the mid bass. The bass sound big, articulate and it is what cought my attention at first sigh. I tought almost immediately "this makes a good basshead IEM". Not in terms of quantity only, but in terms of keeping things running well even with very strong bass.

It is defnitely not my favourite IEM because of the form factor, terrible cable and recessed mid range, but i recommend it strongly for what you look. No hint of sibilance, relatively good mids and treble. I also think it has a very wide soundstage and a very good layering as well. The overwall tonality is warm, not common for KZs.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #18,080 of 31,834
- KZ ZS7
- TFZ T2 Galaxy

just boost the bass on ****, they have very large woofer and it can move some serious air, i am using them with boosted sub bass and they can be insane

May 26, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #18,081 of 31,834
If you want good bass get the BQEYZ BQ3
The ZS7 are actually 35$ and BQ3 60$ so it is really worth ? And Audiofool give the edge to zs7 in his review

I have both **** and ZS7, i can say that t
K2 follow a more balanced sound than KZs so if you are looking for bass i would skip it as a vent mod can result in some problems like muffled sound, driver flex and several other's. The ZS7 is the best KZ i heard so far in terms of technichalities, and this includes the very controlled bass. It has decent speed even being very beefy in the mid bass. The bass sound big, articulate and it is what cought my attention at first sigh. I tought almost immediately "this makes a good basshead IEM". Not in terms of quantity only, but in terms of keeping things running well even with very strong bass.

It is defnitely not my favourite IEM because of the form factor, terrible cable and recessed mid range, but i recommend it strongly for what you look. No hint of sibilance, relatively good mids and treble. I also think it has a very wide soundstage and a very good layering as well. The overwall tonality is warm, not common for KZs.

Thank you for your answer ! No K2 !
What do you mean buy form factor ? The fit is bad ?

May 26, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #18,083 of 31,834
I have both **** and ZS7, i can say that these K2 follow a more balanced sound than KZs so if you are looking for bass i would skip it as a vent mod can result in some problems like muffled sound, driver flex and several other's. The ZS7 is the best KZ i heard so far in terms of technichalities, and this includes the very controlled bass. It has decent speed even being very beefy in the mid bass. The bass sound big, articulate and it is what cought my attention at first sigh. I tought almost immediately "this makes a good basshead IEM". Not in terms of quantity only, but in terms of keeping things running well even with very strong bass.

That's strange. I find the ZS7 very comfortable. I am using Spiral Dots on them. I agree about the cable, I have a replacement silver plated one which sounds great and doesn't have those stiff ear hooks. Also I find the mids very revealing and as you say, the soundstage and layering are very good. It is one of my most "musical" IEMs.

May 26, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #18,085 of 31,834
The ZS7 are actually 35$ and BQ3 60$ so it is really worth ? And Audiofool give the edge to zs7 in his review

Thank you for your answer ! No K2 !
What do you mean buy form factor ? The fit is bad ?

The isolation is good but the shell hurts my ears a little, also i strongly advise using a third party cable. The fit thing varies from ear to ear tho.

I would take into consideration the recommenation on BQ3 as well.

May 26, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #18,086 of 31,834
BQEYZ KB1 Review: Good but not great, great but not stellar

INTRO

I was just looking for some BQEYZ products on eBay one day, and I found the KB1 to be selling for as cheap as CAD $43 (US $32). And luckily eBay had a limited time 15% off coupon on that day so I took advantage of that and got the price all the way down to CAD $28 (US $20). Knowing that the majority of BQEYZ IEMs are tuned very similarly to the QT2, I was curious to see how well the entry-level KB1 stacks up to my QT2.

UNBOXING

xtkfmiK.jpg

giphy.gif

Just your typical standard box from BQEYZ with minimal accessories.

BUILD QUALITY AND DESIGN

source.gif

mEf0r7m.jpg

iJPbH5r.jpg

The KB1 sports a metal build with chamfered edges that gives it a really premium look. In the ears, it feels much more comfortable to wear than my QT2. The braided cable also feels nice and definitely feels more high quality than your typical generic soft flaccid cables.

THE SOUND

Quite frankly, these almost sound like the QT2 tonality-wise, but with a much more controlled bass, more upfront high-mids, and a less aggressive top end.

BASS
If you weren't a fan of QT2's big boomy bass, then you will find yourself at home here. Bass on the KB1 has good punch and excellent depth/extension, just enough to satisfy those who like their bass tuned for fun (as opposed to neutral), but far from enough for bassheads (as if the QT2 would either). Its texture is more solid as opposed to fluid. Unlike the QT2, the KB1's bass never leaks into the mids, thus making the mids sound a touch lighter than the QT2. Overall it is a pretty balanced and conservative bass response, and it fits well with the rest of the sound signature. People who are used to bassy sound signatures will find these lacking, though.

MIDS
The mids on the KB1 retains the same natural timbre found on the QT2, but is made much more slimmer and leaner due to the lack of warmth from the bass. Not only that, but their higher-mids are also much more forward than the QT2, making vocals and cymbals sound more brighter (but not richer). Because of this, there's an obvious contrast with its lower mids and higher-mids (i.e. no sense of unity and integration). This tuning approach thus results in the loss of that smooth and creamy texture that I really love from the QT2. So to summarize, the KB1 definitely has some excellent sounding mids, but they just lack the smoothness and harmony of the QT2.

HIGHS

There's really nothing much to mention here. The highs are practically a tamed version of the QT2, though you could already tame QT2's highs using wide-bore tips. I personally like the tamed highs on the QT2 more as you get more detail and brilliance and a sense of airiness. And also the highs on the QT2 have a more natural timbre, these sound a tad bit metallic in comparison. Overall the highs aren't bad, they just have nothing really special to offer (e.g. sparkle, microdetails).

SOUNDSTAGE AND IMAGING
The soundstage is almost identical to the QT2, just slightly more intimate. Its dimensions are spherical with a good sense of width and depth, but poor sense of height. However, the QT2 trumps the KB1 in both three-dimensional imaging and the precision of instrument placement. Overall, the KB1's soundstage can be generally described as being above average. Don't expect any sort of "holographic" sound; they are open sounding but still falling into intimacy.

VERDICT

I think it's important to note that price is such an influential factor when it comes to making opinions about a product. If Beats Solo was sold for only 10 bucks, people would be lauding them like crazy, but of course their real price is 10 times of that. The same thing applies for the KB1. Although I got the KB1 at a ridiculously low price of US $20 using an ephemeral eBay coupon, I can't ignore the fact that their original price (~US $40) puts them way up there with IEMs such as the renowned Tin T2 and KZ AS06. Even BQEYZ's more premium offering, the KC2, has recently been selling for even less than US $40! And with all of that in my mind, the KB1 leaves me feeling rather unimpressed, not because it's a mediocre product, but because I expected more for what it's priced at. And also because it did not outshine my beloved QT2.

Assuming Aliexpress is the default market for chi-fi, I think it is obvious that there are more IEMs worth considering at that price point than the KB1. And if the KB1's sound seems appealing to you, just get the KC2! I mean, why wouldn't you? It's basically just a more refined version of the KB1 in every way, for the same price or less.

So final verdict, I do not recommend these UNLESS their price drops down to US $20 or even less. But if you absolutely must buy them for some odd reason, please don't use Aliexpress, you can find them for much cheaper (US $31) on eBay. Down below are links to the KB1 sold by three different eBay sellers:

1. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BQEYZ-KB1-...BA-2DD-Hybrid-Dynamic-HIFI-C3O6/202608237100?
  2. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BQEYZ-KB1-...BA-2DD-Hybrid-Dynamic-HIFI-B0Q2/113664636394?
  3. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BQEYZ-KB1-...BA-2DD-Hybrid-Dynamic-HIFI-V6M0/223420907705?

May 26, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #18,087 of 31,834
Thanks for the replies guys. So from suggestions we have TRN IM1, TFZ T2 and the ****. If anyone can give any further insights thatd be appreciated.

Oh, and is there a good quality cable I should look into getting? Something good quality and cheap, with Mic/inline controls, that'll improve sound quality?

Just to butt in, love the ****. Neutral with touch of colour to add some musicality, get the right tip and they play great. I'd suggest a wide bore. Hard to drive, but great price, great build. I'm not sure at the price point it's worth buying a similarly cheaper cable though, waste of money imo.

May 26, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #18,088 of 31,834
So a friend of mine was looking for a budget earphone and asked me for suggestions. Instead of just telling him i gave him these sets to take away and listen to.

TRN V30, EMI CI880, Renovext QT5, BQEYZ BQ3, CCA C10, KZ ZSN, UIISI CM5 and the TUNAI Drum. He had them for two weeks. He didn't know prices, just names on bit of paper in the bags.

So what did he come back saying sounded best... EMI CI880 lol, kid you not!

May 26, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #18,089 of 31,834
So a friend of mine was looking for a budget earphone and asked me for suggestions. Instead of just telling him i gave him these sets to take away and listen to.

TRN V30, EMI CI880, Renovext QT5, BQEYZ BQ3, CCA C10, KZ ZSN, UIISI CM5 and the TUNAI Drum. He had them for two weeks. He didn't know prices, just names on bit of paper in the bags.

CI880 is awesome. Not surprised :)

2.jpg

May 26, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #18,090 of 31,834

CI880 is awesome. Not surprised :)

what? I never heard them at all, looking at their promotional FR, a good harman target tuning without mid bass bleed, looks very promising. are they that good?? not expensive but that non detachable cable is a deal breaker for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back