CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 30, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #17,626 of 31,833
Just got home to find my **** waiting for me. came with a extra baggie of tips too. :)

stock tips are just terrible. cant even get them in. playing with tips. they seem good for classical. not what I would call comfortable to wear though. metal body digs into my ears.
Try wearing them cable up. Cable down the metal body cuts into my ears too but cable up fixed it.

Apr 30, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #17,627 of 31,833
Apr 30, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #17,630 of 31,833
Yes I played around with them and cable up is the only way I can wear them. Too bad the body has blue and red on them

You can swap the colors with a small piece of heat shrink tubing.

Or go super low tech you just color the red/blue with a black sharpie.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #17,631 of 31,833
Try wearing them cable up. Cable down the metal body cuts into my ears too but cable up fixed it.

@slappomatt Tip size also help in fitting. If you dont like cable up then try large widebore tips and that should the trick for you.

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #17,632 of 31,833
Just have a chat lately with BQEYZ staffs and they will lauch a new model SOON.

Its will be something very exciting....that only **** try before, wich is a: Hybrid PIEZO triple drivers earphone!

1 Dynamic+1 Balanced armature+ 1 piezo electric= THIS IS EXTREMELY INTRIGUING!!

From what they say, there will be no sibilance, and dynamic driver will cover bass and mid range while 2 other drivers are for treble. It make lotta time they work on this....really have high expactation about this one!

Anyway, it not ready yet, and its suppose to be a secret so shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #17,633 of 31,833

Its will be something very exciting....that only **** try before, wich is a: Hybrid PIEZO triple drivers earphone!

From what they say, there will be no sibilance, and dynamic driver will cover bass and mid range while 2 other drivers are for treble. It make lotta time they work on this....really have high expactation about this one!

lets hope that it is implemented well like the ****

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #17,634 of 31,833

Very interesting.
Being a Big fan of their amazing kb100, I hope they'll made an other great iem.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #17,635 of 31,833

I'm still on the fence over their KC2 (large) vs. the R...n... QT2(S) (driver failure issues) but I might as well take a break from sub-$50 IEMs and burn some real cash (need a boat first, lol).

Apr 30, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #17,636 of 31,833
Hope so too....
It will most likely be more pricey than the ****, and i'm pretty sure they heard of crazy big legendary hype around the ****, so I think they do not create this in a rush like some other less serious chi-fi companies.

I find them very good for tuning multi drivers like the BQ3 that have nice transient response, I wish the timbre will be richer, slightly brighter and mid range fuller sounding. They say it will be brighter than BQ3, but NO sibilance.

All of this is words, now its waiting time, will keep you update if any more info (and PICS) come out. I think they will lauch another model before this one...not sure...sometime communication between a french dude and chinese worker is a little clumsy in english.

Apr 30, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #17,638 of 31,833
Hope so too....
It will most likely be more pricey than the ****, and i'm pretty sure they heard of crazy big legendary hype around the ****, so I think they do not create this in a rush like some other less serious chi-fi companies.

I find them very good for tuning multi drivers like the BQ3 that have nice transient response, I wish the timbre will be richer, slightly brighter and mid range fuller sounding. They say it will be brighter than BQ3, but NO sibilance.

All of this is words, now its waiting time, will keep you update if any more info (and PICS) come out. I think they will lauch another model before this one...not sure...sometime communication between a french dude and chinese worker is a little clumsy in english.

My question to those manufacturers of piezo hybrids would be how they address inherently high impedance of piezoceramic elements.
Given that impedance of **** seems to be determined by DD & BA, it is a bit hard to understand how can a piezo driver receive adequate power.
More specifically, I would be very interested to know how different would **** sound with a disconnected piezo driver.

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #17,639 of 31,833
KZ ZSN and C10 look like a good fit. Decent isolation, comfortable and will be a good match for your genres. Others might recommend CA4 or ZSN Pro.

QT5 sounds like it would fit the bill. Very comfortable, excellent sound and isolation and available on Ali Express.

Yeah, I'd second that. Built like tanks and quite a good all round sound for multi genres. Doubt you'd be comfy sleeping in them but you'd be narrowing down options for that. Maybe the BQEYZ BQ3... I've just tried that lying down and it's flat shell might be fine. Also a very good sounding earphone but you'd be hard pushed to get for $50

Thanks guys, I did some research on these and ended up going with the KZ ZSN Pro's, but I'm pretty tempted to check out some of the others at some point as well. I can see why people get so addicted to this whole chi-fi thing.

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #17,640 of 31,833

Was there any indication at all of a price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back