CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 27, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #17,582 of 31,833
How do the **** sound ss wise? Good price and good build seem attractive for the price
It is neutral and balanced for me. Not the usual v-shaped chi-fi type. Best part of **** is treble - sparky yet not sibilant combined with its humungous sound stage. At times, it feels almost 3D. Just one caveat, have to use them with widebore tips.

Apr 27, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #17,584 of 31,833
Any specific eartips you'd recommend? My ear canals are pretty damn small.
I personally use Tennmak whirlwinds but think you can use JVC spiral dots, KZ wide bore tips and even Auvio silicone tips.

Apr 27, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #17,586 of 31,833
No effect in sound, right? Sorry, I don't know too much about eartips other than foamies reduce highs

Tips do affect the sound because they affect the fit. If you have a poor fit, a poor seal, they can sound horrible. A good fit with a good seal can make a huge difference making an iem that you were disappointed with suddenly sound great.

Apr 27, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #17,587 of 31,833
No effect in sound, right? Sorry, I don't know too much about eartips other than foamies reduce highs
As stated by @mbwilson111 tips have a significant impact on sound. Various tips alter sound basis bore size and seal.

Apr 27, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #17,590 of 31,833
Tips do affect the sound because they affect the fit. If you have a poor fit, a poor seal, they can sound horrible. A good fit with a good seal can make a huge difference making an iem that you were disappointed with suddenly sound great.

As stated by @mbwilson111 tips have a significant impact on sound. Various tips alter sound basis bore size and seal.
Thanks guys! Tennmak's are the only ones available in small in the UK, I've bookmarked them for when I buy some new IEMs

Apr 27, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #17,591 of 31,833
is there a large assortment of tips available somewhere?

Nope, you just gotta build up your own tip collection.

It’s not hard, just a few pairs of this, a few of that. There's loads of different style tips on Aliexpress. You could build a very nice tip rolling collection for about $20-$30, assuming you didn't include really expensive tips like Spiral Dots etc.

And be sure to try swapping all of your various stock tips around, because often the stock included tips don’t sound best with the IEM they were designed for (but they sound great in something else). So basically between all of your existing IEMs plus some extra tips from Aliexpress, you could have a pretty extensive collection.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #17,592 of 31,833
Guys, I was initially planning on selling my ****, but now I don't think I'm going to anymore.

I just swapped the ****'s crappy stock MMCX cable with another cable and hory shet, they sound so nice now!

The new cable drastically brought out the sub-bass, which made everything sound less anemic. The bass response is now very similar to that of a modded Tin T2. You can literally feel the vibrations from the sub-bass.

So if anyone is planning to buy the ****, I'd definitely recommend buying an actual high quality cable to go along with it. Any 8-core copper and/or silver plated cable would do.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #17,593 of 31,833
I had no problem with the original cable, I just right away changed the tip using KZ whirlwind and the bass is good.
I have a MMCX SPC currently on my T2, haven't try it on **** yet.

So if anyone is planning to buy the ****, I'd definitely recommend buying an actual high quality cable to go along with it. Any 8-core copper and/or silver plated cable would do.

Apr 27, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #17,594 of 31,833
I'll bite, what root mods are you referring to? I've been eyeing the **** for a while now though I don't have a dap/amp. That and the fact I'm really liking the c10 and other iems in my collection has been holding me back. It's getting harder for me to justify purchasing new (<50$) chifi since I feel its mostly side-grades.
+1 I'm kind of starting to feel the same way too...:sweat:

Apr 28, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #17,595 of 31,833
Ok guys, so after 2 successful purchases, I finally won the chifi lottery and got myself a faulty unit. Basically one side(I don't know which) is wired out of phase and the seller only offers to send me 1 piece of either side as replacement. While I still want them to send me a full refund, I also want to be prepared in case things don't go as I wish (and I'd rather take that 1 piece than reshape the preformed hooks on my cable). So how do I know which side is wired wrongly? I bought a pair of the TRN V80, if that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back