CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 24, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #17,536 of 31,833
I have had the C10 for a couple months and liked it, much better than the TRN V80, but recently got the **** and wow, the highs remind me of my Somic V4 which I have a lot of good memories of. Except, the **** is just better in every way. An absolute must buy if you listen to classical music in particular. C10 is wayy to smooth. **** is a gem

To bad I'm already getting noticeable ringing in my ears in quiet environments at 18 years of age...
reminds me of Baby Driver movie
he got it in an accident
btw, **** is also my favorite for classical pieces

Apr 24, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #17,537 of 31,833
Too bad I'm already getting noticeable ringing in my ears in quiet environments at 18 years of age...

As a tinnitus sufferer, I feel your pain (or should I say hear your pain).

For me, IEMs (specifically those with BAs) aggravates it. I’ve found that earbuds and headphones affect it much less. And obviously lower the volume whenever possible.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #17,538 of 31,833
As a tinnitus sufferer, I feel your pain (or should I say hear your pain).

For me, IEMs (specifically those with BAs) aggravates it. I’ve found that earbuds and headphones affect it much less. And obviously lower the volume whenever possible.

Just something to think about.

Weirdly I've found the exact opposite in that my single ba etymotics have less impact on any tinitus as they isolate so well I can keep the volume a lot lower whilst still hearing everything.

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #17,539 of 31,833
Apr 24, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #17,540 of 31,833
I do like the blue, but black is my favorite color, and I’ll wear these out often so I’d rather keep it nice and low key, kind of blends in with my hair color.

All black is nice looking. Very stealth

Although I think the stock blue color is awesome too.

Apr 24, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #17,541 of 31,833
I have had the C10 for a couple months and liked it, much better than the TRN V80, but recently got the **** and wow, the highs remind me of my Somic V4 which I have a lot of good memories of. Except, the **** is just better in every way. An absolute must buy if you listen to classical music in particular. C10 is wayy to smooth. **** is a gem
To bad I'm already getting noticeable ringing in my ears in quiet environments at 18 years of age...
Yes, I like the **** for classical as well. It's up there with the C16 for this genre. Wonderful soundstage and good detail, neutral mids.

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #17,542 of 31,833
Apr 24, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #17,544 of 31,833
My **** review...
The simple and quick version is these are amazing and you should buy them immediately. I've had what is probably a fairly typical experience with chi-fi. First I was blown away that I had so many options with multiple drivers and detachable cables and all kinds of things that seemed like they should be far more expensive. Having only experienced IEMs from Klipsch/Monster/other well known but generally low quality for the price Best Buy fare, chi-fi sounded amazing. Then with so many options, most being a flavor of the week/month shortly after their release followed by critical reviews coming in after that, I started to become disappointed. The **** seemed similarly flavor of the monthish but I figured the piezo tweeter was something I hadn't tried before so I might as well give it a shot. I'm happy to say these live up to the hype and more!

First, their comfort is very good as long as I wear them over ear. Worn down as designed they cut into my inner ear but over the ear solves this problem. The stock cable is a little short for this purpose and is rather prone to tangle, so I'm using the cable from the Tin Audio T3. As for the sound, bass, mids, and highs are all excellent but for me the highlight is the bass, specifically the subbass. Everything else in this price range I've tried has boosted midbass and rolled off subbass. Not the case here as the subbass digs deep and hits with authority but not overly bloated. Speed is very good as well and I've found myself listening to rock with my favorite bass players to enjoy the goodness. Primus has never sounded so great! Moving on to the mids, they are equally impressive and have taught me I don't like the V signature as much as I thought I did. They are extremely smooth and have excellent separation with metal that so easily turns into a bloated mess. Finally moving on to the highs, they're in my opinion the weakest part, but still far above average. The piezo tweeter has an interesting timbre that almost makes it sound like I'm listening to a record. It's a bit odd but not necessarily a bad thing as I could see these being a bit overly analytical and boring without that odd bit of timbre. Detail is very good across the board but I do find the lower treble slightly recessed, making some songs sound slightly on the dark side. I find no issues with sibilance unless it's a badly mastered recording or a recording that's victim to the loudness wars. The treble extends nicely to add a decent amount of air. It's a very refined, subtle air that helps things sound nice and open. Others have described the sound stage and making you feel like you're in the front row and that describes things perfectly. They sound imtimate but open and not congested in the least. The first song I heard that I didn't know that started with instruments in the right ear and a whispering voice in the left almost made me jump out of my chair because I thought someone had walked up behind me and started whispering at me.

As for negatives, they are few and minor, especially considering the price. Bass rolls off below about 40 hz so EDM and things like that are missing a little bit of impact. I can also see the treble being a bit polarizing since the timbre isn't completely natural. I've found that I really like the timbre but not everyone will agree. Depending on the music you like, you may also find them a bit too revealing. Poorly mastered recordings sound like poorly mastered recordings and the **** is very revealing of any odd artifacts that other less revealing IEMs can mask. I like to listen to a bit of an audio book to evaluate mids and that quickly reveals coloration in the mids. With the ****, I noticed a lot of static in the background that I first attributed to the tweeter doing something funky. Switched to the ZSA briefly, listened closely, and heard the faintest hint of that static that was just masked due to the ZSA being far less detailed and the mids being recessed.

All in all I couldn't be happier with this $20 purchase and I'd really love to see what someone could do with these drivers by spending some extra time tuning them. Refine these even further, charge 100 bucks for them, and I think you'd have a top of the line killer.

Apr 24, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #17,545 of 31,833
My **** review...
The simple and quick version is these are amazing and you should buy them immediately. I've had what is probably a fairly typical experience with chi-fi. First I was blown away that I had so many options with multiple drivers and detachable cables and all kinds of things that seemed like they should be far more expensive. Having only experienced IEMs from Klipsch/Monster/other well known but generally low quality for the price Best Buy fare, chi-fi sounded amazing. Then with so many options, most being a flavor of the week/month shortly after their release followed by critical reviews coming in after that, I started to become disappointed. The **** seemed similarly flavor of the monthish but I figured the piezo tweeter was something I hadn't tried before so I might as well give it a shot. I'm happy to say these live up to the hype and more!

First, their comfort is very good as long as I wear them over ear. Worn down as designed they cut into my inner ear but over the ear solves this problem. The stock cable is a little short for this purpose and is rather prone to tangle, so I'm using the cable from the Tin Audio T3. As for the sound, bass, mids, and highs are all excellent but for me the highlight is the bass, specifically the subbass. Everything else in this price range I've tried has boosted midbass and rolled off subbass. Not the case here as the subbass digs deep and hits with authority but not overly bloated. Speed is very good as well and I've found myself listening to rock with my favorite bass players to enjoy the goodness. Primus has never sounded so great! Moving on to the mids, they are equally impressive and have taught me I don't like the V signature as much as I thought I did. They are extremely smooth and have excellent separation with metal that so easily turns into a bloated mess. Finally moving on to the highs, they're in my opinion the weakest part, but still far above average. The piezo tweeter has an interesting timbre that almost makes it sound like I'm listening to a record. It's a bit odd but not necessarily a bad thing as I could see these being a bit overly analytical and boring without that odd bit of timbre. Detail is very good across the board but I do find the lower treble slightly recessed, making some songs sound slightly on the dark side. I find no issues with sibilance unless it's a badly mastered recording or a recording that's victim to the loudness wars. The treble extends nicely to add a decent amount of air. It's a very refined, subtle air that helps things sound nice and open. Others have described the sound stage and making you feel like you're in the front row and that describes things perfectly. They sound imtimate but open and not congested in the least. The first song I heard that I didn't know that started with instruments in the right ear and a whispering voice in the left almost made me jump out of my chair because I thought someone had walked up behind me and started whispering at me.

As for negatives, they are few and minor, especially considering the price. Bass rolls off below about 40 hz so EDM and things like that are missing a little bit of impact. I can also see the treble being a bit polarizing since the timbre isn't completely natural. I've found that I really like the timbre but not everyone will agree. Depending on the music you like, you may also find them a bit too revealing. Poorly mastered recordings sound like poorly mastered recordings and the **** is very revealing of any odd artifacts that other less revealing IEMs can mask. I like to listen to a bit of an audio book to evaluate mids and that quickly reveals coloration in the mids. With the ****, I noticed a lot of static in the background that I first attributed to the tweeter doing something funky. Switched to the ZSA briefly, listened closely, and heard the faintest hint of that static that was just masked due to the ZSA being far less detailed and the mids being recessed.

All in all I couldn't be happier with this $20 purchase and I'd really love to see what someone could do with these drivers by spending some extra time tuning them. Refine these even further, charge 100 bucks for them, and I think you'd have a top of the line killer.

Primus sucks

**** is pretty good. My biggest beef with it is that it does not isolate well. Needs to be used in a nice quiet environment, which in my world, doesnt really ever exsist. Glad I bought it, but it just doesnt get used very much.

Apr 25, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #17,546 of 31,833
**** is pretty good. My biggest beef with it is that it does not isolate well. Needs to be used in a nice quiet environment, which in my world, doesnt really ever exsist. Glad I bought it, but it just doesnt get used very much.

Lol same, they just don't isolate well in my ears, nor do they fit too comfortably (which is weird given their shape). Though neutral is not my preferred sound sig, I gotta say recently I've been thoroughly impressed by them. The **** just sounds right, there's no obvious coloration anywhere in the sound. Clinical would be the best term to describe the sound. Sometimes I just get tired of the "oomph" in V-shape sound signatures, it's nice to hear something plain once in a while (aka 5% of the time lol).

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #17,549 of 31,833
quick question: does tape mod on tinaudio t2 negatively affect the life of the iems?

Apr 25, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #17,550 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back