CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #511 of 3,770
The CCA CA4 arrived from Aliexpress. This was in the deal where they offered the "free" KZ cable which is also for the ZSN as well.

IMG_20190423_170045.jpg

IMG_20190423_170510.jpg

IMG_20190423_170655.jpg

The CCA C10 is on the left and it is slightly thicker and the nozzle has more of an angle ^^^

IMG_20190423_170845.jpg

IMG_20190423_170901.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190423_170901.jpg
    IMG_20190423_170901.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #512 of 3,770
cca.png This is not the most correct schedule, but with the same measurement condition, it turned out like this.
As it seemed to me, the C10 sounds somewhat denser and more comfortable at high frequencies. The CA4's lower middle lacks energy. And so they are somewhat similar, there is something in common.

Apr 23, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #513 of 3,770
Mine is arrived too. With smabat st10

Apr 24, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #515 of 3,770
My CCA CA4 arrived today , picture posting later as well as sound imprssions.

Lz Z05A and Z04A impressions are : both are V-SHAPED sound signature , the z05a has more peaks and spikes , sound more brighter . The z04a being same sound with the brightness .

Wow, if you hear any peaks and brightness in the Z05A you must be really sensitive. I find the upper frequencies to lack some sparkle and attack on them.

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #516 of 3,770
I get everything I need with my aftermarket Auvio silicone medium ear tips; deeper bass, depth, width, and better detail retrieval and transparency without sounding dry!

...I couldn't ask for anything better at such a low price for a 16 piece drive unit. :ksc75smile:

-Clear
...I also wanted to mention that selecting the right ear tips could definitely alter the sound to sound even better. For example, I personally won't approve the star lines to sound best on the C16, instead that's why I chose the Auvio silicone ear tips, which has a wider-bore opening. The results were excellent for me; deeper bass, espacially sub-bass, better transparency throughout the midrange, and finer (non-papery) treble, with greater details and micro-details.

All it takes is a little effort to change the sound by altering the sound signature so slightly to get rid of the annoyance of what some of the default tips can't achieve. The truth is, sometimes the companies don't always get it right selecting their own default tips.

PS. But, in the case of the CCA CA4, the star line tips does them justice! I will chat more about them when I post a review, soon....

-Clear :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #517 of 3,770
...I also wanted to mention that selecting the right ear tips could definitely alter the sound to sound even better. For example, I personally won't approve the star lines to sound best on the C16, instead that's why I chose the Auvio silicone ear tips, which has a wider-bore opening. The results were excellent for me; deeper bass, espacially sub-bass, better transparency throughout the midrange, and finer (non-papery) treble, with greater details and micro-details.

All it takes is a little effort to change the sound by altering the sound signature so slightly to get rid of the annoyance of what some of the default tips can't achieve. The truth is, sometimes the companies don't always get it right selecting their own default tips.

PS. But, in the case of the CCA CA4, the star line tips does them justice! I will chat more about them when I post a review, soon....

-Clear :wink:
Yes, that's right. I use Spiral Dot tips on my C16, wide bore. My CA4 is coming soon so I will try the Starlines first then try others. Thanks for the tip (no pun intended!)

Apr 25, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #518 of 3,770
Finally, here is a quick review on the CCA CA4 :point_left::spy:

After more than 100 hours of playtime and comparisons to other CCA and KZ's in my possession, the CA4 can be considered to be the little brother of the C16 with more than 90% of its entire sound signature DNA sounding eerily close to its 16 BA driven brother. So, my comparison will be comparing the CA4 with the C16, generously.

BASS:
Bass is tight quick and linear and detailed with most genres, though it does roll-off in the sub-bass range at some point towards its lowest sub range. The good side is that it does recover quite quickly with impact, quickness and great clarity. The C16 tends to sound just as quick, but slightly softer sounding with lower end sub-bass.

MIDS:
MID's are transparent with a really open and clear linearity to them. Vocals sways back and forth with the bass and treble giving great vividness and details even in vocal, guitar, violin sessions with great ease. Though, the C16 can present them a step, or two closer with a more premium approach, since it provides more MID BA drivers for better details.

TREBLE:
The treble is really vivid and accurate at most with very little roll-off to detect, while maintaining a cross-road of transparency between the midrange and treble and working in harmony to maintain a brite, but controlled linear and detailed outcome. But, swapping the defaut tips on the C16 with Auvio silicone ear tips brings better results to the C16, in my opinion, giving them the full affect needed to sound its best with great detail and "non-papery sound" that the star line ear tips presents.

Soundstage:
The soundstage can be considered as more frontal stage and better than average wide soundstage with excellent imaging at best. While, with the Auvio silicone ear tips mounted on the C16 represents a wider field and greater transparency that leaves the CA4 trailing behind at just a little over 90% of its fond brothers awesome sound signature.

Quick note on default -VS- aftermarket ear tips:
I also wanted to mention that selecting the right ear tips could definitely alter the sound to sound even better. For example, I personally won't approve the star lines to sound best on the C16, instead that's why I chose the Auvio silicone ear tips, which has a wider-bore opening. The results were excellent for me; deeper bass, espacially sub-bass, better transparency throughout the midrange, and finer (non-papery) treble, with greater details and micro-details. All it takes is a little effort to change the sound by altering the sound signature so slightly to get rid of the annoyance of what some of the default tips can't achieve. The truth is, sometimes the companies don't always get it right selecting their own default tips.

In the case of the CCA CA4, the star line tips does them justice! So, there's no need to swap, since you will be getting pretty much a great and extremely clear and linear balanced sound signature.

Here are some PIC's on the CA4! ...Enjoy! :beerchug:
P_20190414_010704_1.jpgP_20190414_011648_1.jpg P_20190414_012245_1.jpgP_20190414_011958_1.jpgP_20190414_012840_1.jpgP_20190414_012100_1.jpg

Hope this helps with anyones decision on purchasing the CCA CA4! :yum:

You could check out more information and their prices on the link below...
1) https://www.aliexpress.com/store/4829026?
2) https://www.aliexpress.com/store/4409033?

-Clear

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #519 of 3,770
@1clearhead what would be a good choice under $100? Prefer balanced/neutral sounding IEMs and listen to a variety of music genres as well. Already own C10, ****, and ZSN (love all of them for their uniqueness) so need a real upgrade to these budget monsters. I'm contemplating C16, any other IEMs should I look before pulling the trigger?

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #520 of 3,770
@1clearhead what would be a good choice under $100? Prefer balanced/neutral sounding IEMs and listen to a variety of music genres as well. Already own C10, ****, and ZSN (love all of them for their uniqueness) so need a real upgrade to these budget monsters. I'm contemplating C16, any other IEMs should I look before pulling the trigger?
There's the new TRN X6, 6 BA on each side to throw into the mix.

The promotional posters say 'reference sound'. How much of that being is near the truth is a big unknown.

Kinda surprised that there hasn't been any talk of it here on HeadFi yet ??

Screenshot_2019-04-25-17-14-10~2.png

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #523 of 3,770
I have C 16, C10 and **** as well. C16 is certainly balanced and generally neutral, with a bit of extra brightness up top. It would be a good choice. An alternative from what I have read would be the Tin Audio. T3 (though I have not heard it yet).

Apr 25, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #524 of 3,770
Thanks @Nimweth but not excited by T2 as didn't like their sound. Feel very confused as I've never dabbled into this price bracket. All suggestions are welcome

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #525 of 3,770
I would suggest, if you were saving for the C16, but don't have the Auvio silicone ear tips to get the best out of them. You should really consider the CA4. There's no need to swap the default tips on them, since they are practically a perfect musical match. The sound signature will bring you to a more linear and balanced experience! Definitely, a different sounding level of experience to my ears, when compared to the C10, ****, and ZSN, and even the ZSN PRO. The variety of the different sound signatures has never been better! ...They all sound a little different to each other, IMHO!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back