CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 19, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #496 of 3,770
the C16 continue to grow on me, i find them better for electronic music compered to my dynamic driver in ears, it is very fast and it is not warm sounding, is kind of dry but just a little bit, however the speed turns out to be very important quality for that kind of music
when is the new model (C20) coming out? i will get it :k701smile:

IMO I think the C16 strikes just the right amount of warmth and balance to allow both a pleasing bass signature and detail retrieval. I think if it went any warmer you would lose some of that detail and clarity.

If they can pull it off though, I'm all for it. A little less midbass and a little more subbass if possible.

I find them really, really excellent for Classical. That very subtly raised bass and treble that's kept tight and yet smooth makes them really good at bringing out the detail and separation in classical pieces. I find the bass to be tight and "on point". Just enough emphasis to keep things interesting for most music while not pushing things into "bass emphasised" territory.

Its excellent fit and noise isolation is the icing when it comes to listening as it allows me to lower the volume to levels that permit multi-hour sessions on them.

Got them on sale and with coupons at Aliexpress for just under US$80/-. One would probably need to add at an extra zero in asking price to reach such levels of refinement just 3~4 years ago.

Its a great time to be enjoying audio ! :L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #497 of 3,770
I get everything I need with my aftermarket Auvio silicone medium ear tips; deeper bass, depth, width, and better detail retrieval and transparency without sounding dry!

...I couldn't ask for anything better at such a low price for a 16 piece drive unit. :ksc75smile:

03301585_00.jpg

-Clear

Apr 19, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #498 of 3,770
I get everything I need with my aftermarket Auvio silicone medium ear tips; deeper bass, depth, width, and better detail retrieval and transparency without sounding dry!

...I couldn't ask for anything better at such a low price for a 16 piece drive unit. :ksc75smile:

-Clear
i use the large black tips from ****, great tips, soft and the sound with them is awesome
also i use the Lyre Acoustics 2.5mm balanced cable that i got for the Kanas Pro, noticeable improvement over the TRN 8 core cable, the sound is cleaner and less warm (a good thing, i am sick and tired from warm earphones)

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #499 of 3,770
IMO I think the C16 strikes just the right amount of warmth and balance to allow both a pleasing bass signature and detail retrieval. I think if it went any warmer you would lose some of that detail and clarity.

If they can pull it off though, I'm all for it. A little less midbass and a little more subbass if possible.
Yeah, I think if the C20 can keep what the C16 is already doing and add just the right amount of deep TONG! to the bass, that would be killer and worth getting.

Apr 20, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #500 of 3,770
The CA4 sounds very similar to the C16, at least 90% similar from MIDS to highs with the C16 slightly ahead on life-like vocals and similar hi-end details. The bass/sub-bass on both slightly differ, probably since the C16 is a BA bass unit and the CA4 carry dynamic drivers. But, the difference is not by much with the C16 ever so slightly sounding bold and rich, while the CA4 sounds just as quick, but with a more linear and tight approach with the rest of its signature.
...I won't be surprised if some may call them the mini C16, since they have a lot of similarities in both of their sound signatures. :point_left:

Thanks for your opinion : https://maraboutchifi.home.blog/2019/04/20/news-cca-ca4-les-cousins-des-kz-zsn-pro/
In waiting mine CA4 you help me. MissAudio sent me ZSN not pro...15 days lost...It can be very intersting comparing to ZSN PRO and QT5 i think

Apr 21, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #501 of 3,770
I have been listening to the C16 with the copper cable from the QT5 and large TRN V80 tips. I think I have found the perfect balance with this set-up. Bass is now more satisfying with a little more warmth and it has balanced out the slightly clinical nature of the C16. Mids and treble are generally unchanged. I'm a happy bunny!

Apr 21, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #502 of 3,770
I have been listening to the C16 with the copper cable from the QT5 and large TRN V80 tips. I think I have found the perfect balance with this set-up. Bass is now more satisfying with a little more warmth and it has balanced out the slightly clinical nature of the C16. Mids and treble are generally unchanged. I'm a happy bunny!
i like them so much with the lyre acoustics cable that i am considering a second pair, but i have to wait for the new C20

Apr 21, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #503 of 3,770
i use the large black tips from ****, great tips, soft and the sound with them is awesome
also i use the Lyre Acoustics 2.5mm balanced cable that i got for the Kanas Pro, noticeable improvement over the TRN 8 core cable, the sound is cleaner and less warm (a good thing, i am sick and tired from warm earphones)
Yea, I hear you! ...Sometimes I like to hear my songs a little brighter. :bulb::grin::thumbsup:

Apr 21, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #504 of 3,770
After weeks away with AS10 & C10, I have spent last 4 days home mostly with C16 (and a bit of AS06).
Absence does make the heart/ears grow fonder! I know where some of my money will go to on AliExpress' 11 Nov sale this year.

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #506 of 3,770

-Clear

It's strange, but Amazon, Ebay all seem to only carry Auvio small or large ear tips, not medium.
Anyone know who still carries Auvio medium ear tips?

BTW, Cable 130 is turning out to be a very nice upgrade to C16..

IMG_0008 by drjlo2, on Flickr

Apr 22, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #508 of 3,770
Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #510 of 3,770
My CCA C16s finally arrived! Really capable set for sub $100 iems.

I was ABing them with my current S8pro and the S8pro has sparkle and a ton more clarity but at $500 they should. The C16s tho have more low end bass impact and quite a "fun" sounding iem. Sacrifices some of the boutique clarity and analytical frequency to just gives the meat and potatoes of the sound. The bass really carries the the sound along but the peaks roll off too early but the presentation is coherent and sounds fantastic.

This set would replace my BGVP DMG as my "fun" sounding iem and the Fearless Audio S8Pro is my reference. A great bargain at $90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back