CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 25, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #541 of 3,770
you are welcome, i gave them high rating because i like how they sound with vocal music, amazing for that, but with electronic the sound is kind of strange because of that midrange

They surely seem like a good iem but that niche sound isn't for everyone.

Apr 25, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #542 of 3,770
It was the T3 (1DD+Knowles BA) that I was thinking of!

Ohh I see. Aren't they bright sounding iems as opposed to neutral?

Apr 25, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #543 of 3,770
Apr 25, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #544 of 3,770
Fascinating. So if i were to sum up your impressions then KC2 is slightly luxurious C10s? Am I correct?
Took them to work today. Listened to some bass heavy music, and can say that kc2 is bass light. Sub bass is rolled off quickly. Not a lot of rumble, but speed is really good. Listening to some Black Metal and really liking them. C10 definitely has more boosted bass. While I wouldn't call them bass heavy, they have the ability to make bass heavy music sound like bass heavy music. Kc2 does not do that for me.

I think I would like to spend more time with them. I prefer c10 to them as do it all's. Really digging these for metal and punk though.

To me they are a bit boring on the bass side of things. More upper mids and treble energy then anything.

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #545 of 3,770
Do you have any thoughts to share about the BQEYZ BQ3 ? They were selling for 42 on the last Ali sale.
That's their flagship IEM at the moment. I personally find it a bit big, and it hurts after a couple hours. Build wise it's solid af and imo beautiful. It's a bass heavy IEM with emphasis on mid bass. Mids are quite good. Treble is light and fluffy with air and sparkle. Really shocked at it TBH. Very sexy.

I ended up sculpting 250hz to 100hz and raised 30hz a smidge and they are quite lush with good speed through out. Added quite a bit of stage and separation to my ears. Easily one of the best sounding iems in this price range. Shame that I can only use them in small chunks.

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #546 of 3,770
That's their flagship IEM at the moment. I personally find it a bit big, and it hurts after a couple hours. Build wise it's solid af and imo beautiful. It's a bass heavy IEM with emphasis on mid bass. Mids are quite good. Treble is light and fluffy with air and sparkle. Really shocked at it TBH. Very sexy.

I ended up sculpting 250hz to 100hz and raised 30hz a smidge and they are quite lush with good speed through out. Added quite a bit of stage and separation to my ears. Easily one of the best sounding iems in this price range. Shame that I can only use them in small chunks.

I'm really happy about what you said about them ! Mine are on the way, probably next week I will receive it.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #547 of 3,770
Took them to work today. Listened to some bass heavy music, and can say that kc2 is bass light. Sub bass is rolled off quickly. Not a lot of rumble, but speed is really good. Listening to some Black Metal and really liking them. C10 definitely has more boosted bass. While I wouldn't call them bass heavy, they have the ability to make bass heavy music sound like bass heavy music. Kc2 does not do that for me.

I think I would like to spend more time with them. I prefer c10 to them as do it all's. Really digging these for metal and punk though.

To me they are a bit boring on the bass side of things. More upper mids and treble energy then anything.

Whoa. Will skip then. Might as well get CA10 which should come in near future.

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #550 of 3,770
It's one of the main reasons I want to just buy a couple high end items and forget about this place for awhile. Lol. The endless new toys that are always coming out.

Precisely why even I'm looking for some $80-100 iems. But it seems chi-fi is evolving faster than anything

Apr 25, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #551 of 3,770
As of lately, I haven't checked out their latest units. But, you're right! That has always been the issue with them. :thinking: ...To me personally, they are a little outdated for such a "hefty price". Today, there are cheaper and better alternatives with similar sound signatures. ...It just takes a little research and perseverance.

What Vsonics do you own and when was the last time you listened to them to come to this conclusion?

The reason I'm asking is that your post got me curious so I brought out a few of mine that I was able to easily find (VSD2S, VSD3S and the GR07BE) and I must say that to my surprise they all hold up very well compared to what's on offer today. This is especially true if one care for a more organic and analog sound with great natural bass than the more digital and artificial one that many of todays sub $100 hybrids offer. For reference I find the VSD3S to be about on pair with the LZ-Z05A and quite a bit more enjoyable than any other Chinese hybrid I've heard in the sub $50 range. I don't remember the price of the VSD3S but I'm pretty sure they were cheaper than the LZ'd. In a similar way I finf the GR07BE to hold up perfectly fine against the Thenzh P4 Pro (that I paid lore for), just different sounding but definitely not worse. The VSD2S is the least good of the three but still enjoyable and they didn't cost much either iirc.

I'm getting the VS3 (or even the VS7) Iceberg now for sure, would love to try those with my balanced sources :)

Edit: Unfortunately I cannot compare them to any of the IEM's in this thread as I don't have them (and probably never will after reading @crabdog review of them since I know, and to some extent share, his preferences).

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #552 of 3,770
Are you talking about the new (thicker) mixed KZ cables?

Do you have the older (thinner) mixed cables?

How do you like the new thicker cable? How does it compare to the TRN cable? Same overall thickness? Same softness/stiffness?
In my opinion, it's slightly thicker and soft and a little stiffer with less tangling. The dark brown cables that came with the C10 did get tangled quite a bit if I wasn't careful and aware of them doing so. Until now, I haven't purchased any TRN cables. But, the mixed copper/silver cable gave me such good end results, I purchased two more as backup!

Apr 25, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #553 of 3,770
HTB1q1siMYPpK1RjSZFFq6y5PpXaY.jpgHTB1997qM3HqK1RjSZJnq6zNLpXan.jpgHTB13pcmM7voK1RjSZPfq6xPKFXa4.jpg For CCA C10, Type B is the right choice...

Apr 25, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #555 of 3,770
It's strange, but Amazon, Ebay all seem to only carry Auvio small or large ear tips, not medium.
Anyone know who still carries Auvio medium ear tips?

BTW, Cable 130 is turning out to be a very nice upgrade to C16..

IMG_0008 by drjlo2, on Flickr

Fair warning to those who are considering Cable 130 with CCA C16. It's a much higher resolution cable compared to stock cable for sure, but I have gone back to the stock presumably copper cable for use with my LG G8 thinkQ (the last LG with 3.5 mm jack and Sabre Quad DAC?) because the combo is just too much of a good thing for your average quality music files.

Cable 130 kind of sounds like my old Nordost Quattro Fil cable (also silver-plated copper), which means gobs of detail and clarity in upper mids/low treble, which sounds awesome for my well-recorded Flac files and 24/96kHz files, but with commercial quality files, my shoulders get tense and I just can't relax. Bass is also too dense, tight, and punchy, sounding a bit unnaturally bone-crunching. C16/Cable 130 combo on good quality music files off of good desk-top DAC and amp sounds wonderful, but I bought them for portable use and have Stax OII and SR009 for that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back