CCA in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 27, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #572 of 3,770
Apr 27, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #573 of 3,770
that thing have huge woofers, no surprise for taking bass EQ like it is noting

Yeah, or 1 better bass ba which create enough space for other little ba
On Rammstein music c16 is absolutely perfect. And c16 stay my preferred BA

Oh I received cca ca4. comparing to San they are far better. More balanced, far better drivers and controlled treble. They are fun but very good tuning. Easy to drive.

Comparing to the better qt5. Ca4 have more elevated but not agressive treble, more bass, better soundstage. I'm waiting ZSN pro to comparing difference.

Iem upgrade again a lot. In two years of review, and beginning with zst I'm really fascinating by this level up !

Apr 27, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #574 of 3,770
CCAA10.png

Looks like the AS10 but I presume it will be 5 BA's a side and not 10 a side?

Not that keen on the type C connector and it looks like the inner part maybe transparent where it wasn't in the C16 / AS06 / AS10 body.

Apr 27, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #575 of 3,770

Looks like the AS10 but I presume it will be 5 BA's a side and not 10 a side?

Not that keen on the type C connector and it looks like the inner part maybe transparent where it wasn't in the C16 / AS06 / AS10 body.

As10 look but different hardware and tuning.

Apr 27, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #577 of 3,770
Funny that this thread was at the very top as I just got my C16's and...wow...blown away. Not just for what I paid ($86 ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!) but also their audio quality. I've long thought that my MusicMaker Shockwave 3's (5 driver hybrid @ ~$250) were the best over all IEM I've ever owned but these...man...not "better" but I'll be damned if they aren't on the same level with minor ups and downs, trading blows for sure.

Need to give them more of a listen and I don't know how much the HifiHear 16 core cable makes a difference, if any, but so far I'm very impressed. Very. Like if my Shockwave's broke today I couldn't be mad at the loss.

Also, I see that people say these LOVE power and need them but my Sabaj Da3 seems to be coping just fine (111mW @ 32ohm on 2.5mm balanced, also dual Sabre 9018Q2C DAC's and only ~$100!) . They're certainly louder than the Shockwave 3's at the same volume level and sound decently powered enough? I know volume doesn't necessarily = best use power but they don't feel lacking at all.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #578 of 3,770
Oh also here's a mod I just created to help other tips stay on:

JTDMgXB.jpg

Just a sliver of shrink tube on the tips and viola! Now other tips outside the ones that came with these don't come off in your ear canal lol. There's three little tabs on the end of the bores as well so they keep the shrink tube from possible slipping off, works perfectly.

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #579 of 3,770
Oh also here's a mod I just created to help other tips stay on:

JTDMgXB.jpg

Just a sliver of shrink tube on the tips and viola! Now other tips outside the ones that came with these don't come off in your ear canal lol. There's three little tabs on the end of the bores as well so they keep the shrink tube from possible slipping off, works perfectly.

Nice job. I’ve done the same mod to other IEMs in the past. I do 2 layers of heat shrink though, so the lip is very pronounced.

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #580 of 3,770
Funny that this thread was at the very top as I just got my C16's and...wow...blown away. Not just for what I paid ($86 ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!) but also their audio quality. I've long thought that my MusicMaker Shockwave 3's (5 driver hybrid @ ~$250) were the best over all IEM I've ever owned but these...man...not "better" but I'll be damned if they aren't on the same level with minor ups and downs, trading blows for sure.

Need to give them more of a listen and I don't know how much the HifiHear 16 core cable makes a difference, if any, but so far I'm very impressed. Very. Like if my Shockwave's broke today I couldn't be mad at the loss.

Also, I see that people say these LOVE power and need them but my Sabaj Da3 seems to be coping just fine (111mW @ 32ohm on 2.5mm balanced, also dual Sabre 9018Q2C DAC's and only ~$100!) . They're certainly louder than the Shockwave 3's at the same volume level and sound decently powered enough? I know volume doesn't necessarily = best use power but they don't feel lacking at all.
i also use DA3, awesome little dac for all of my in ears

Apr 27, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #582 of 3,770
So above when I said that these and my Shockwave 3's trade blows I hadn't actually compared them yet and instead was just going off of music memory...now that I'm sitting here actually A/B'ing them...Jesus Christ...the Shockwave 3's don't even really compare.

The bass on SW3's...something I thought was otherworldly...is basically crushed by the C16. Crazy because I've always heard (and generally agreed) that armature vs. dynamic was no contest. The SW3's have definitively been beat down in this area. Rumble, decay, speed, amount...just isn't a comparison really to the C16's.

Mids? Eh, the SW3's show a bit of brightness here and there but ultimately seem to be a bit darker and muddier I'm afraid. Singers like Lana Del Rey sound veiled and recessed in comparison. Perhaps a touch more detail in an odd way in some instances that I can't quite place my finger on I still think the C16 sounds more natural and realistic. Definitely prefer the C16 but will perhaps do a bit more listening later.

Highs again the C16 hands down. The SW3 has a bit more simbilance and I believe that construes it as having better highs but there's, again, an artificialness to it, a sort of metallic quality. C16 might not be as "splashy" and might not extent quite as far but the detail is still there and they're a lot more coherent. I consider myself a bit of a treble head and despite the SW3's extension the quality is still lower.

Sound stage is about equal. SW3's are a tad wider but the C16 feels taller...just larger over all. Either way they're both great here for being IEM's.

Yeah, my body is telling me to compare some more but, honestly, I've already stole my preferred tips off the SW3's for the C16's and put them in their case and have already sort of written them off. It's been like 2 years with those things and they're certainly still good and I've certainly kept them over a lot of IEM's and headphones that have gone through my possession. The C16's are just better though.

How are more people not talking about these? I don't mean to over-exaggerate or anything but there's no way the C16 don't hang out with IEM's 10x their cost. If the SW3 I found subjectively better than the expensive and popular IEM's and fullsized headphones I've owned then the C16 does so as well, just way better at it. Again, maybe I'm completely out of the loop and IEM's have gotten better by leaps and bounds but yeah, these C16's in my experience punch unrealistically and quite shockingly above their price tag.

I almost wonder if the "pro" reviews are just trying to be oblivious to this fact or has the low and high-end of audio really gotten that much better on both sides?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #583 of 3,770
So above when I said that these and my Shockwave 3's trade blows I hadn't actually compared them yet and instead was just going off of music memory...now that I'm sitting here actually A/B'ing them...Jesus Christ...the Shockwave 3's don't even really compare.

The bass on SW3's...something I thought was otherworldly...is basically crushed by the C16. Crazy because I've always heard (and generally agreed) that armature vs. dynamic was no contest. The SW3's have definitively been beat down in this area. Rumble, decay, speed, amount...just isn't a comparison really to the C16's.

Mids? Eh, the SW3's show a big of brightness here and there but ultimately seem to be a bit darker and muddier I'm afraid. Perhaps a touch more detail in an odd way I can't quite place my finger on and while some vocals and instruments seems a tad more detailed I still think the C16 sounds more natural and realistic. Definitely prefer the C16.

Highs again the C16 hands down. The SW3 has a bit more simbilance and I believe that construes it as having better highs but there's, again, an artificialness to it. C16 might not be as "splashy" but the detail is still there and they're a lot more coherent.

Sound stage is about equal. SW3's are a tad wider but the C16 feels taller...larger over all.

Yeah, my body is telling me to compare some more but, honestly, I've already stole my preferred tips off the SW3's and put them in their case and have already sort of written them off. It's been like 2 years with those things and they're certainly still good and I've certainly kept them over a lot of IEM's and headphones that have gone through my possession. The C16's are just better though.

How are more people not talking about these? I don't mean to over-exaggerate or anything but there's no way the C16 don't hang out with IEM's 10x their cost. If the SW3 I found subjectively better than the expensive and popular IEM's and fullsized headphones I've owned then the C16 does so as well, just way better at it.
+1 That's what I've been telling everyone...just change the default ear tips to either wide-bore like the Auvio silicone ear tips, or your own preference! In this case, the star line ear tips don't do them any justice at all and sells them short of what they are capable of achieving.

Glad you like them like I do...Cheers! :beerchug:

Apr 27, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #584 of 3,770
+1 That's what I've been telling everyone...just change the default ear tips to either wide-bore like the Auvio silicone ear tips, or your own preference! In this case, the star line ear tips don't do them any justice at all and sells them short of what they are capable of achieving.

Glad you like them like I do...Cheers! :beerchug:

Do you have a short list of what you've owned? I mean, maybe I'm tripping balls but are the C16's not, like, some high-end audiophile type stuff?

Apr 28, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #585 of 3,770
just change the default ear tips to either wide-bore like the Auvio silicone ear tips, or your own preference! In this case, the star line ear tips don't do them any justice at all

Auvio by drjlo2, on Flickr

It's quite interesting how people's preferences can vary widely, which I'm sure depends on the whole system and the kind of music one listens to.

I found the Auvio tips to have the effect of removing density/intensity in upper-midrange to lower-midrange and relocating them to high treble and sub-bass, making music sound less dense, more twinkly lighter while giving you more of a soundstage but less intimately close. I guess one has to try both and see what they prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back