CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 13, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #16,801 of 31,833
the bashing of **** began after the crin post on reddit, too many people believe that they have the same ears and taste like him

Or maybe they just don't sound that good to everyone. This forum starts to feel like a circlejerk to be fair. It's ok to be critical of something you don't like.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #16,802 of 31,833
Or maybe they just don't sound that good to everyone. This forum starts to feel like a circlejerk to be fair. It's ok to be critical of something you don't like.
i am talking for those that read the coments of crin and they already know, **** is not for everyone, it has bright mids(i like that), most of the people like warmth and body to the mids(me to but not often), i am sure some people will find them dry sounding and not for them, that is ok, however that kind of speed and extension from top to bottom is not something that is comming out for 25$

Mar 13, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #16,803 of 31,833
Mine did not measure with that huge subbass boost but was rather flat (ok a ~5db boost from 1khz), I also don't have that strange blip in the midrange on one channel. He has a valid point on the saxophone, but I don't listen to a lot of saxophone type music. The upper midrange can be a bit much after a while, I think the trough does not help between the two treble peaks. For me though they have a lot of air/sparkle way up top that a lot of my other IEM's don't have. Rather than the twin peaks, I would have rather seen less peaks and let it be smoothed out to match the valley essentially, no valley. The short nozzle and large body can make them uncomfortable for long listening sessions.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #16,804 of 31,833
Mine did not measure with that huge subbass boost but was rather flat, I also don't have that strange blip in the midrange on one channel. He has a valid point on the saxophone, but I don't listen to a lot of saxophone type music. The upper midrange can be a bit much after a while, I think the trough does not help between the two treble peaks. For me though they have a lot of air/sparkle way up top that a lot of my other IEM's don't have. Rather than the twin peaks, I would have rather seen less peaks and let it be smoothed out to match the valley essentially, no valley. The short nozzle and large body can make them uncomfortable for long listening sessions.
unit to unit variations are a possibility, the other two measurements are similar to each other but different from crins

Mar 13, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #16,805 of 31,833
the bashing of **** began after the crin post on reddit, too many people believe that they have the same ears and taste like him

I posted my criticism well before crinacle posted his measurements. Check the dates on my posts in this thread. You're also totally ignoring the fact that this board often behaves in the exact opposite way, hyping up tons of headphones to an absurd degree, many of which don't hold up to the praise.

I didn't dislike the **** because it wasn't tuned well (though it's not), I disliked it because it was incredibly muddy. No detail, no definition, and not enjoyable to listen to on any level. I honestly wonder what people in this thread are comparing them to.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #16,806 of 31,833
Glad to see that the E1000 is starting to show up as a budget option. I wish I had the T2s to compare them to, but imo the E1000 offer an amazing complete package for <$30. Just an incredibly balanced and inoffensive sound signature, with enough detail for the price too, in an extremely lightweight shell and cable. More people need to buy these guys.

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #16,807 of 31,833
I posted my criticism well before crinacle posted his measurements. Check the dates on my posts in this thread. You're also totally ignoring the fact that this board often behaves in the exact opposite way, hyping up tons of headphones to an absurd degree, many of which don't hold up to the praise.

I didn't dislike the **** because it wasn't tuned well (though it's not), I disliked it because it was incredibly muddy. No detail, no definition, and not enjoyable to listen to on any level. I honestly wonder what people in this thread are comparing them to.
Muddy? That's not at all what I hear. Are you sure you've got a good pair? **** ****, right?

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #16,808 of 31,833
Yeah, I didn’t hear “muddy” at all with the ****. But everyone’s ears are different. :) I prefer the CCA C10 sound signature to the ****, though.

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #16,809 of 31,833
Muddy? That's not at all what I hear. Are you sure you've got a good pair? **** ****, right?

Yes, **** ****. As I said before, I completely accept the possibility that I got a bad pair, but both earpieces sounded identical. This held true with not only switching the left and right earpieces, but using different cables. If they *were* defective, both earpieces had the exact same defect. That seems... unlikely.

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #16,815 of 31,833
Yes, **** ****. As I said before, I completely accept the possibility that I got a bad pair, but both earpieces sounded identical. This held true with not only switching the left and right earpieces, but using different cables. If they *were* defective, both earpieces had the exact same defect. That seems... unlikely.
I would suspect the same as well. Could happen though, if it was a bad batch of one of the drivers or if the guy making that pair was drunk and wired something wrong.
I wouldn't totally rule that out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back