CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 8, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #16,729 of 31,833
Seems like **** are preferred IEM. Been thinking of getting a pair but never used aliexpress. Was wondering what people use for payment like a Visa gift card type of burner card. Dont want to use my normal credit card or bank card. Tried searching for them on Amazon but they are not there.

Mar 8, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #16,730 of 31,833
Seems like **** are preferred IEM. Been thinking of getting a pair but never used aliexpress. Was wondering what people use for payment like a Visa gift card type of burner card. Dont want to use my normal credit card or bank card. Tried searching for them on Amazon but they are not there.

I have a card I exclusively use for online purchases only. I capped the credit limit at a fairly low amount, so in case it’s stolen there’s not much damage that can be done (not that I’d be responsible for the fraudulent charges anyways).

Having a separate card makes it easy to identify and change at the 1st sign of trouble. All activity related to the card (by me or anyone else) generates instant alerts to my phone. Never had a problem.

Although now Aliexpress accepts PayPal, which would be even more secure. They didn’t years ago.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #16,731 of 31,833
I have a card I exclusively use for online purchases only. I capped the credit limit at a fairly low amount, so in case it’s stolen there’s not much damage that can be done (not that I’d be responsible for the fraudulent charges anyways).

Having a separate card makes it easy to identify and change at the 1st sign of trouble. All activity related to the card (by me or anyone else) generates instant alerts to my phone. Never had a problem.

Although now Aliexpress accepts PayPal, which would be even more secure. They didn’t years ago.
That's what I figured. Thanks for confirming that and I'll look in to a card for just that. First still have get the ones you recommend for me. It's nice to know there are good sounding iems that doesnt have to break the bank. Again I thank you for your input and experience.

Mar 8, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #16,732 of 31,833

PayPal is my option too. And not sure if everywhere, but apart of this, in Spain you can have VISA rechargeable cards. You can put just the amount of money you need to pay your purchase, most times just before is needed, and leave it with e.g. 5€ when is not in use. I do it with bank app.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #16,733 of 31,833
IMG_20190308_175312.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #16,734 of 31,833
My take on the Lypertek Bevi. A nice everyday carry iem with a light bass expression, personally prefer this over the Final E3000. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-03-08_23-29-21.jpg

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #16,735 of 31,833
My take on the Lypertek Bevi. A nice everyday carry iem with a light bass expression, personally prefer this over the Final E3000. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Is it just me, or does anyone else think those look like grease guns for Zerk fittings? :ksc75smile:

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #16,736 of 31,833
If you have a Citi credit card, you can generate temporary credit card numbers with spend and expiry limits.

Mar 8, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #16,737 of 31,833
If you have a Citi credit card, you can generate temporary credit card numbers with spend and expiry limits.

Genius! About time someone came up with this feature!

Mar 8, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #16,738 of 31,833
I just randomly happened to notice that a seller on amazon.com is selling the green version of the TFZ Series 2 for $10 with Prime shipping. I wasn't even in the market for them, but figured I couldn't pass up that price. The cable, carrying pouch, and tips are probably worth that price.

I wanted to thank you for sharing this, my Series 2 arrived and it was definitely $10 well spent. They are an ugly green but sound great for the money and seem very comfortable.

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #16,740 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back