CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 9, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #16,756 of 31,833
Correct; they all come stock with ear guides. But they’re easy to remove if you’re careful. I removed the guides on most of my cables.

FastAndClean did too; if you zoom way in and look closely at his R side mmcx, you can see a small piece of leftover ear guide plastic.

It’s difficult to get those last little pieces off cleanly, so some of my cables have a similar little piece hanging on for dear life. It does hurt anything, and trying to remove it may risk damaging the cable.
thank you guys. Does any of you happen to have both TRN 8 core MMCX cable and Magaosi BK50 MMCX version? Magaosi's cable is a bit too heavy for my taste, so was wondering whether this is something similar.

Mar 9, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #16,757 of 31,833
I just randomly happened to notice that a seller on amazon.com is selling the green version of the TFZ Series 2 for $10 with Prime shipping. I wasn't even in the market for them, but figured I couldn't pass up that price. The cable, carrying pouch, and tips are probably worth that price.
I wanted to thank you for sharing this, my Series 2 arrived and it was definitely $10 well spent. They are an ugly green but sound great for the money and seem very comfortable.
Thanks again. Mine also showed up yesterday. Very nice IEM, with 6 extra pairs of nice soft silicone tips. I am currently burning them in, but off the bat, they sounded nice. I don't think they are better than some of the other $50-ish list price ones that I have: T2, KC2, c631, AS10 or the CCA C10 for that matter.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #16,758 of 31,833
I'm looking for the same side sleeping issue and need them for tinnitus therapy at night as well (with a timer). I spotted the Advanced S2000 at around $25 on Amazon or at the Advanced-sound website. They have that flat UM /SE profile but are really thin.
The Tennmak look to thick from the pics.. Found one review here of the S2000 that has wonderful things to say for them from last year.
Only thing I noticed was that they are NOT detachable cables, but it is memory wire and braided 'no tangle' It does make the interface even smaller in the ear, and the company has a 3 year warranty. California Company too https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/wired-earphones/products/s2000
Anyway, the company looks interesting and they have a complete product line. I'm going to try the S2000 and see how they go.

They have a model called the Sleeper that is designed just for that. Having had both, the Sleeper is the smaller one and is better for sleeping. The S2000 nozzle is too short and may not work as well(keeping a seal with any movement) for a side sleeper. The Sleeper goes in the ear more and has a more smooth treble for the tinnitus therapy. I would choose the Sleeper myself for those needs.

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #16,759 of 31,833
thank you guys. Does any of you happen to have both TRN 8 core MMCX cable and Magaosi BK50 MMCX version? Magaosi's cable is a bit too heavy for my taste, so was wondering whether this is something similar.
i dont have Magaosi cable but the TRN cable is a little bit heavy, is a 8 core so no big surprise here

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #16,760 of 31,833
I'm looking for the same side sleeping issue and need them for tinnitus therapy at night as well (with a timer). I spotted the Advanced S2000 at around $25 on Amazon or at the Advanced-sound website. They have that flat UM /SE profile but are really thin.
The Tennmak look to thick from the pics.. Found one review here of the S2000 that has wonderful things to say for them from last year.
Only thing I noticed was that they are NOT detachable cables, but it is memory wire and braided 'no tangle' It does make the interface even smaller in the ear, and the company has a 3 year warranty. California Company too https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/wired-earphones/products/s2000
Anyway, the company looks interesting and they have a complete product line. I'm going to try the S2000 and see how they go.

I'm an S2000 owner and sleep very happy with them, but I would try Sleepers nowadays, just because they are designed for this use.

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #16,761 of 31,833
They have a model called the Sleeper that is designed just for that. Having had both, the Sleeper is the smaller one and is better for sleeping. The S2000 nozzle is too short and may not work as well(keeping a seal with any movement) for a side sleeper. The Sleeper goes in the ear more and has a more smooth treble for the tinnitus therapy. I would choose the Sleeper myself for those needs.

Thanks for the info. I'm very leary of any straight bodied iem/earphone because the ones I've tried.. even very small ones end up banging my ear when I lay on them. I also saw they do not have multiple size tips. How squishy is the body of the earphone? How's the SQ of the sleepers? I'm looking to be able to use them for some decent listening as well if possible and wasn't sure that the little sleeper buds were up to that. I saw the reviews that talk about the loose fit of the S2000s. I Also saw that the longer Westone foams will fit it, and solve the shallow depth/fit issue. If that's the case, I'm good to go :) Also, I guess someone figured out to use an o ring or sleeve from another silicone tip to create a stop on the nozzle will work too. Advanced should ship longer foam tips.. Like I said, my problem has been that laying on that ear and not having pressure from the ear bud.

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #16,762 of 31,833
I'm an S2000 owner and sleep very happy with them, but I would try Sleepers nowadays, just because they are designed for this use.
Glad to know the s2000 work for you too. They look thinner than anything I've seen in that style... something like 7mm. If they don't protrude past the surface of the ear but for the wires, it'll probably work.
I'll chat with them on Monday. They are in my timezone :) Better than dealing with China (although I must say that I've had good luck with responsive Chinese vendors on other things).

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #16,763 of 31,833
Thanks for the info. I'm very leary of any straight bodied iem/earphone because the ones I've tried.. even very small ones end up banging my ear when I lay on them. I also saw they do not have multiple size tips. How squishy is the body of the earphone? How's the SQ of the sleepers? I'm looking to be able to use them for some decent listening as well if possible and wasn't sure that the little sleeper buds were up to that. I saw the reviews that talk about the loose fit of the S2000s. I Also saw that the longer Westone foams will fit it, and solve the shallow depth/fit issue. If that's the case, I'm good to go :) Also, I guess someone figured out to use an o ring or sleeve from another silicone tip to create a stop on the nozzle will work too. Advanced should ship longer foam tips.. Like I said, my problem has been that laying on that ear and not having pressure from the ear bud.

Not a major difference. S2000 may be a bit more fiddly or harder to work with but they are both $20-ish ADV models and not much different except for the Sleeper is a bit more balanced to my ears and has more forward mids and again less treble(the two FR pics on the site are accurate enough). I did like the Sleeper for sleeping as the S2000 stayed in the outer ear and could be felt more laying on them while the sleeper I really felt just ear parts and less of the "something there" being push inward thing.

Mar 9, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #16,764 of 31,833

I do.

I personally only use the heavy cables for behind ear IEMs. The 8-wire TarN and similar cables are gonna be way too heavy IMO, and will constantly tug at the IEM (making the seal work it’s way loose). On the 4-wire JC Ally cables, forget about it because they are as thick as garden hoses.

For IEMs that go straight down, I try and find decent quality cables that are as light as possible. The original 4-wire SPC KZ upgrade cables (in mmcx) are perfect for the task. You’ll have to remove the memory wires (since you’re using them down), but it takes all of about 30 seconds. I have an easy to follow How2 guide for that (lemme know if you want me to post the link).

Also, the stock cable for the TinAudio T2 is good with the BK50.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #16,765 of 31,833
Hi,
How are CCA C10 compared to Moondrop Crescent? they are in the same price range and I am hesitating between the 2

Mar 9, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #16,766 of 31,833
Try the Faaeal Crescent. Single dynamic, lays flat in the ear, very comfortable and sounds great (with some burn in), clear sounding great bass, great vocals, nice highs. A really good one for $20. They are small and perfect for sleeping. A hidden gem in my opinion. A5BC8537-A082-451C-B90E-1497D9418348.jpeg
Earbud next to it to show the size.A5BC8537-A082-451C-B90E-1497D9418348.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #16,767 of 31,833
Try the Faaeal Crescent. Single dynamic, lays flat in the ear, very comfortable and sounds great (with some burn in), clear sounding great bass, great vocals, nice highs. A really good one for $20. They are small and perfect for sleeping. A hidden gem in my opinion.

Didn't they recently release a 2nd version?

Mar 10, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #16,770 of 31,833
Interesting. No piercing treble?
No piercing treble. A nice treble. They start out (from the box) a little weird sounding. Tight. But, they open up nicely at about 50hrs. They fit in the ears snugly and have a good soundstage. They are like Shures in that regard, where the vocals are kind of placed in your head and you become the singer. That always trips me out.
They are not giganticly lush sounding (like a Kanas Pro) but they are still very good and very comfortable to wear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back