CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 6, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #16,696 of 31,833
The more I listen to the **** and compare them to others, like the Artiste DC1 for example, the more I notice how the timbre of male vocals on the **** is just soooo off. They all sounds same-y warm, a bit tinny and... well, just off.

Switching from the **** to the DC1 and it feels vocals immediately come alive.
we're witnessing the unvarying evolutionary process of a new chifi iem--uniformly gushing praise, followed by critical reevaluation, followed by moving on to the next new discovery, and so on forever. i've been a fan of the ****'s progeny and so will probably succumb at some point, but it's good to hear opposing viewpoints from respected members.

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #16,697 of 31,833
Haven't purchased any IEMs since my almost simultaneous purchases of **** and C10 few months ago.

I keep switching between the too every other week. I love how comfortable and fun and sonically accurate C10 sound. But then I get a bit overwhelmed and switch to **** and get blown away by soundstage, detail and instrument separation and neutrality. But then I get a bit underwhelmed with analytical'ity of **** (and frankly they are not most comfortable pair with short nozzles and heavy weight) and switch back to C10 for some fun, and then it starts all over again.
Haha!...Sounds similar to my routine! But, as far as the **** goes? ever since the first day receiving them, I've changed the default silicone ear tips to aftermarket narrow-bore silicone ear tips. Since then, they have been one of my best "budget" purchases this year for their rare three-way neutral and natural sounding signature set-up!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #16,698 of 31,833
Mar 6, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #16,699 of 31,833
100.webp

Accurate descrition bro. How can treble can be THAT detailed and gentle at same time....this is the **** miracle.
That GIF is classic 90s of Bollywood :grin:

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #16,703 of 31,833
My exhaustive review of the ****

CpUtwR5.jpg
CiSo2I6.jpg

TL;dr
Negative 5 out of 5 stars, would crush in a vice again

WOW....i know that **** will have mitiged impressions...due to how the treble is rendered (not very sparkly, kind of crunchy if we can say)...wich perhaps explain you hear it as ''filtered trough pair of socks''....can I know what was your audio source as well as music you listen too???

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #16,704 of 31,833
I listen to a wide variety of music (folk, rock, alt, indie, pop, metal, classical, bit of hip-hop) from FLACs and 320kb MP3s.
Sources were my Huawei Mate 10 or an ExtremPro X1 (ESS 9023-based) USB DAC from phone and computer.

Sources really aren't an issue here. My daily drivers are Sony EX800STs and they sound excellent with everything listed. I have other cheap knockaround headphones like the MH755 and Senzer S20 that also sound great with that setup. I absolutely accept the fact that I could have gotten a lemon, but as I stated, both earpieces sounded identical even with cable swaps.

Also, someone try the Senzer S20. They're fantastic 5.5MM microdriver IEMs.

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #16,705 of 31,833
My exhaustive review of the ****

CpUtwR5.jpg
CiSo2I6.jpg

TL;dr
Negative 5 out of 5 stars, would crush in a vice again

Crushed it!

On a serious note though, do you crush everything you don't like in a vice?

I personally really like the signature of the **** and find them very similar sounding to my Etymotic HF3 which are the most neutral IEM I have.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #16,707 of 31,833
I listen to a wide variety of music (folk, rock, alt, indie, pop, metal, classical, bit of hip-hop) from FLACs and 320kb MP3s.
Sources were my Huawei Mate 10 or an ExtremPro X1 (ESS 9023-based) USB DAC from phone and computer.

Sources really aren't an issue here. My daily drivers are Sony EX800STs and they sound excellent with everything listed. I have other cheap knockaround headphones like the MH755 and Senzer S20 that also sound great with that setup. I absolutely accept the fact that I could have gotten a lemon, but as I stated, both earpieces sounded identical even with cable swaps.

Senzer S20 look interesting.

Hum, must admit its '''''''POSSIBLE '''''' that your phone or little usb dac wasnt enough powerfull to open up **** sound, because they ahve great clarity, but sure a unique treble that will not excell to underline timbre or texture, but will never sound too harsh or bright too. Anyway, my LG G6 will make the **** sound dull and more opaque in treble, wich will stole imaging clarity. As well, bass will be more loose and have less mid bass punch.

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #16,709 of 31,833
KZ EDR2 >> GGMM C800 > KZ ZSE > Rock Zircon > QKZ DM200

Didn't expect anything for $4, but EDR2 sound really good to me. Thanks for suggesting these, I'm definitely buying spares.

If you’re gonna pick up spares, I’d pick up at least (1) EDR1.

Because EDR1>>EDR2

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #16,710 of 31,833

**** is good imo but not even close to EX800ST. I fully understand now. HAHA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back