CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 14, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #16,201 of 31,833
Whoah, the QCY QS1 has really become my daily driver. Not just because they're so practical on a bicycle, totally wireless, but also because they just sound so good. Balanced, warm but not too warm, fairly detailed and with good extensions on all frequencies. It sounds better tuned than most of my IEM's. Didn't expect that... really amazing.

So I took the plunge and ordered another model tws that gets a lot of praise for the sound quality. The Tronsmart Encore Spunky. Haha. Still: very curious!

8F5950F9-5E02-4DD4-BFDC-9D9FD41E2804.jpeg

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #16,202 of 31,833
Well, I just figured if some people were getting bored of all the 755 talk lately, others could be getting bored of all the C10/C16 talk as well.

In the past there were certain thresholds where it made sense to create a dedicated thread to segregate/compartmentalize the discussion (like the TRN and BQEYZ threads for example).

It’s nice to give everything a nice tidy little home to live in and continue to grow :)

So let's start to talk about Venture electronics Bie :ksc75smile:

Feb 14, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #16,203 of 31,833
15501495041237985213511730018208.jpg

I need to STOP.

This money should have gone on a hidiz sonata USB b c dongle.

But well... Anyway.

20190214_111303.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #16,204 of 31,833
Feb 14, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #16,205 of 31,833

I need to STOP.

This money should have gone on a hidiz sonata USB b c dongle.

But well... Anyway.

compare it with your KB1 please

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #16,207 of 31,833
Well, Valentine's day didn't go so well....

So I was going to ask this girl that I knew out on a date, and for her Valentine's day present I was going to gift her my new DZAT DF-10. I think she would've loved those wooden IEMs!

Well all my hopes were crushed after she said she wasn't interested in dating me...

so yeah...

:disappointed_relieved:

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #16,209 of 31,833
Whoah, the QCY QS1 has really become my daily driver. Not just because they're so practical on a bicycle, totally wireless, but also because they just sound so good. Balanced, warm but not too warm, fairly detailed and with good extensions on all frequencies. It sounds better tuned than most of my IEM's. Didn't expect that... really amazing.

So I took the plunge and ordered another model tws that gets a lot of praise for the sound quality. The Tronsmart Encore Spunky. Haha. Still: very curious!

Did you try other QCY BT iem?? Really find horrifious the Q29. These one are more expensive....wonder what BT decoding chip they use??? To me its as much important than the driver.

I have 2 BT speaker from Tronsmart who approach me for review...i wasnt very enthusiast to give it a try but finallyi find it practical but its ultra bassy to the point it can litterally dance on my table hehe both are just toy really, but practical and do not create distortion.

In fact, reading your gear, im very intrigued by your ZX1 headphones but its out of subject here...

In another hand, how would you decribe CARBO TENORE sound??? These look utterly interesting even if little old.

Feb 14, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #16,210 of 31,833
Well, Valentine's day didn't go so well....

So I was going to ask this girl that I knew out on a date, and for her Valentine's day present I was going to gift her my new DZAT DF-10. I think she would've loved those wooden IEMs!

Well all my hopes were crushed after she said she wasn't interested in dating me...

so yeah...

:disappointed_relieved:

Sorry to hear friend. Don’t let it get you down. It was her loss.

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #16,211 of 31,833

Did you try other QCY BT iem?? Really find horrifious the Q29. These one are more expensive....wonder what BT decoding chip they use??? To me its as much important than the driver.

I have 2 BT speaker from Tronsmart who approach me for review...i wasnt very enthusiast to give it a try but finallyi find it practical but its ultra bassy to the point it can litterally dance on my table hehe both are just toy really, but practical and do not create distortion.

In fact, reading your gear, im very intrigued by your ZX1 headphones but its out of subject here...

In another hand, how would you decribe CARBO TENORE sound??? These look utterly interesting even if little old.

my daily driver: Sabbat x12 and Mifo o5 standard (I've listened to the pro version. the standard is much better sounding). i use them even more than my more expensive TWS.

i also have the Sabbat E12 incoming

Feb 15, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #16,212 of 31,833

The Zero Audio Carbo Tenore have no bass - just none, but what they do great is everything above of the base. That's why Verge wrote a raving review about them years ago I think. (I was so disappointed with the purchase that this review actually helped me in the chifi hobby :))

Anyway: the Carbo Tenore has an amazing soundstage and separation, giving a real orchestral vibe to classical pieces and more analoge genres. And then you try a pop song on them and you want to bin them.

Well. I still thank The Verge for their review. :D

OH WOW! POST 500! :)

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #16,213 of 31,833
So I have received some TRN IM1's yesterday... and guess what: they don't have the metal plates anymore, which is kinda disappointing. What's funny though is that I can't seem to find any info on when/why/if that has changed.

IMG_6882.jpg

Soundwise in a quick comparison with the KZ ZSN: Bass sounds and hits great on the TRN IM1. Detail is great as well. However, the mids seem kinda sucked out, the V shape seems just too much. They sound awesome with some tunes, some seem a bit too bass heavy and some sound absolutely tinny due to the sucked out mids. I hope this will get better with some burn in. Due to the sucked out mids the soundstage also seems smaller and less open than on the ZSN. Overall I like the bass (except that it could be too much for some tunes) and the details but unless the mids open up a bit, I think the ZSN is the overall better IEM. I'd like to compare them to how the more traditional Grado headphones sound (ZSN) vs. the GS-1000 (IM1) for instance, just that it's the other way around with the soundstage and that the V shape is almost too much.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #16,214 of 31,833
Seems TRN quit putting that "metal" behind faceplates after issues one user had here - glue bubbles and finally backplate came off.

Feb 15, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #16,215 of 31,833
So let's start to talk about Venture electronics Bie :ksc75smile:
For me the BIE is a $20 iem, it's far far away from being a giant killer or anything. It's smooth and inoffensive but lacks in detail retrieval, instruments sound kinda plastic and off like lacking in dynamics and natural reverb. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent iem, but the hype surrounding it is trying to turn it into a TOTL performer and it is not that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back