CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 22, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #15,572 of 31,833
Auglamour F300 is gaining popularity in my country. I've watched an unboxing with some small notes as well as read some reviews made locally. The accessories for a 35 USD iem is actually pretty neat, better than the stuff that came with the C10. Impressions seem to say it's a little bit warm, quite punchy rather than boomy, detailed with good soundstage, vocals sounding natural but a bit more intimate, well extended highs with no sibilance.

Quite tempted to get it honestly, but I just ordered the shiny moondrop crescent (had a hard time debating on getting it or the V2, but the V2 was almost double the price from the same store, and well, I became a bit of a fan of Moondrop after the Kanas Pro).
They look outstanding, but I'm waiting for more reviews, i dont want to waste money so easily :)

Jan 22, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #15,573 of 31,833
2,5kHz up to 4kHz valley doesn`t look so good, was hoping better based on impressions/reviews I have read.
Atm, I would jump rather @ Auglamour F300, which looks much better on graph. But, as we know, graphs don`t show everything.
Except they don't sound like that graph at all, so your right graphs really don't show everything.

Jan 22, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #15,574 of 31,833
20190122_190423_HDR.jpg +1 for the CCA C10 they are really great.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #15,576 of 31,833
How did you end up liking these? I'm looking for a good IEM with elevated bass and mids, rolled off highs.

This is my review in spanish, here:

https://auricular.org/****-dt8-auriculares-in-ear/

As a summary, for me, there are many much better IEMs for that price, almost anyone they recommend around here. The DT8 were a disappointment by their overly bright high-mids.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #15,577 of 31,833
This is my review in spanish, here:

https://auricular.org/****-dt8-auriculares-in-ear/

As a summary, for me, there are many much better IEMs for that price, almost anyone they recommend around here. The DT8 were a disappointment by their overly bright high-mids.

As with many iems, the right tips fixed that for me.

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #15,580 of 31,833
I would advise you guys to go at audiobudget.com and take a look at the graph of the last reviewed iem and compare to the graph of tin audio t2 on the same site. If i haven't already ordered, i would heave ordered a pair after seeing it, just sayin.

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #15,581 of 31,833
I was wondering if anyone could give me advice for winning a dispute on AliExpress. I bought a pair of TRN IEMs and unfortunately they came wired out of phase. Unfortunately this is very hard to explain so I uploaded a video of a YouTube sound test showing the headphones only outputting sound when the phase is changed in the video but AliExpress denied my claim. What else can I do to get them to understand my issue.

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #15,582 of 31,833
I would advise you guys to go at audiobudget.com and take a look at the graph of the last reviewed iem and compare to the graph of tin audio t2 on the same site. If i haven't already ordered, i would heave ordered a pair after seeing it, just sayin.

Had been on my want list since it came out, but have not had the gumption to pull the trigger until now. Hear good things from people who recommend good things frequently, and 6in1 has been one of my favorites over the last year. I guess I will see in about 10-14 days.

Jan 23, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #15,583 of 31,833
I was wondering if anyone could give me advice for winning a dispute on AliExpress. I bought a pair of TRN IEMs and unfortunately they came wired out of phase. Unfortunately this is very hard to explain so I uploaded a video of a YouTube sound test showing the headphones only outputting sound when the phase is changed in the video but AliExpress denied my claim. What else can I do to get them to understand my issue.

That's a tough one man. It wont really show up on video. And even then you're going to have a tough time with the language barrier.

Honestly, in the amount of time you'll spend taking videos and filling out dispute claims back and forth, you could just open 1 of the IEM shells and flip the 2-pin socket 180 degrees.

Just heat the shell with a hair dryer for 15 seconds and open the shell with a guitar pick, spudger tool, xacto knife, etc.

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #15,584 of 31,833

Updated measurements of the CCA-C10s, presented with 1/12 smoothing and without compensation.
For what it's worth, this is pretty much what I hear.
Ahh...there's that shelf after that 10 KHz peak. I was wondering because what I've been hearing with the C10 did not seem to jibe with the first graph you posted. The previous one had that steep drop instead. Thanks!

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #15,585 of 31,833
**** is really great
- mature sound which sounds very well across all frequency range
- not shy on sub-bass which is great
- no piercing whatsoever (piezo driver is responsible for highs apparently, while BA covers mids)
- soundstage impressive
Unfortunately fit is not great. Form-factor is angled (similar to Artiste DC1) which is presumably comfortable but given nozzles of **** are not very long and metallic housings are pretty heavy, I fail to get comfortable fit. Partially because of that, partially because of half-open back, I also can't get strong noise isolation and it is quite essential for me (I often listen to music in public transport). If you can get proper fit with these, **** is definitely an outstanding pair of IEM. I couldn't unfortunately.

On a different note, recently received CCA-C10, and I won't even spend time on doing review or something. Consensus is right - totally mind-blowing IEM. My new favorite probably? In sub$50 I don't think I have heard anything as good (and I have 50+ chi-fi IEMs) and so comfortable at the same time. It is not dissimilar to KZ ZSN but simply better (soundstage, upper freqs...). ZSN 2.0. The only downside is that cable out of the box strongly smells gasoline :D is it just mine?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back