CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 20, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #15,511 of 31,868
Ohh, the T2 is also a bit treble forward? :frowning2:
I thought only the Pro was considered a bit harsh? I was thinking of getting a sub 50 USD that's a different shape from the ones I have so far (custom iem mold style), and I read that the T2 was pretty neutral in presentation, with the Pro being quite a bit brighter.

Aside from the MH755, which will probably arrive by March, what would be a neutral-ish non ciem shaped iem (bean shaped I think it's called) under $50? So far I found the ones I was considering were the Moondrop Crescent (non removable cable unfortunately), Tin Audio T2, and the ****.

I didn't say harsh, I said a bit treble forward. There is a distinct difference. In a perfect balance nothing is forward, in the real world almost nothing fits that category. The T2 definitely has more treble energy than it does bass or mid which makes it treble forward. I don't find it harsh or strident as I do with things like the Zs6 or Fiio F9 that have large spikes in the 7-9 kHz region.

The T2 is probably still a good choice along with the BQEYZ KB100 or the banned brand V2. All are close to neutral. My personal preference is actually the V2 as it is slightly fuller than the T2.

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #15,513 of 31,868
I didn't say harsh, I said a bit treble forward. There is a distinct difference. In a perfect balance nothing is forward, in the real world almost nothing fits that category. The T2 definitely has more treble energy than it does bass or mid which makes it treble forward. I don't find it harsh or strident as I do with things like the Zs6 or Fiio F9 that have large spikes in the 7-9 kHz region.

The T2 is probably still a good choice along with the BQEYZ KB100 or the banned brand V2. All are close to neutral. My personal preference is actually the V2 as it is slightly fuller than the T2.
Yes, V2 is excellent but a another very good option that isn't banned is the CCA C10, also very well balanced and lively.

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #15,514 of 31,868

Ohhh! Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to get either the V2 or the BQEYZ. :) Cheers!

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #15,515 of 31,868
Ohh, the T2 is also a bit treble forward? :frowning2:
I thought only the Pro was considered a bit harsh? I was thinking of getting a sub 50 USD that's a different shape from the ones I have so far (custom iem mold style), and I read that the T2 was pretty neutral in presentation, with the Pro being quite a bit brighter.

Aside from the MH755, which will probably arrive by March, what would be a neutral-ish non ciem shaped iem (bean shaped I think it's called) under $50? So far I found the ones I was considering were the Moondrop Crescent (non removable cable unfortunately), Tin Audio T2, and the ****.
The **** is a great alternative! ...No harshness or sibilance at all so far! :fingers_crossed::wink:

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #15,516 of 31,868
The **** is a great alternative! ...No harshness or sibilance at all so far! :fingers_crossed::wink:
Haha, only option for that is Aliexpress for me, so I'm trying to resist getting it. The tech does sound interesting for me though. Personal fave of @Wiljen amongst the ones I mentioned, the V2 is the most accessible without going to aliexpress for me, and a shop I've dealt with before has it in stock so I probably will order one in a few weeks. :)

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on cca c10..checked the im1s and people say they can also be a bit piercing, and I absolutely can't stand that for some reason
I'm biased for the C10 coz I have it, so I'll bring out a cons for it that I found. It's probably not going to happen to you, but just in case, the shape of the C10 is not bean shaped like the Rock Zircon, and some people don't find that shape comfortable (like my mom). These is just a just in case concern though, as there aren't many complaints about C10 fit nor it's close relative the ZSN.

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #15,517 of 31,868
Hmm... I can't stand ZS5, V80 and QT2 because they are sibilant, but somehow the ZSN is fine to me.

Could be tips, differences in our hearing abilities, since I'm sort of halfway with you on this :) . The ZS5 (and ZS6 even worse) can be painful to my ears, I can sort of understand why the V80 might be for some people but aren't for me, and I'm with you that the ZSN don't bother me at all as far as painful treble at all.

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #15,518 of 31,868
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on cca c10..checked the im1s and people say they can also be a bit piercing, and I absolutely can't stand that for some reason
Yes, the treble is more pronounced on the IM1 but clearer. I doubt it would be good for u (IM1). I would throw in the NiceHCK EP10 in, they are super comfortable, with greater emphasis in the bass region

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #15,519 of 31,868
Hello, I've been reading all of you for years but of course I'm still a poor newbie. I'm thinking to buy one of these Chinese earphones. No sofisticate environment, just put it on my phone and listen.
I listen rock, pop rock, electronic rock but also blues.

My budget is around 50€ - 70€. In the future I'm thinking to buy also a portable DAC but right now I use just my phone/macbook with my Yamaha HPH-200.
What could be a great start for me?

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #15,520 of 31,868
Hello, I've been reading all of you for years but of course I'm still a poor newbie. I'm thinking to buy one of these Chinese earphones. No sofisticate environment, just put it on my phone and listen.
I listen rock, pop rock, electronic rock but also blues.

My budget is around 50€ - 70€. In the future I'm thinking to buy also a portable DAC but right now I use just my phone/macbook with my Yamaha HPH-200.
What could be a great start for me?
CCA C10 would be a good choice to cover those genres

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #15,521 of 31,868
I used to buy 1-2 iems and listen to them until they're dead, but after your reviews ordered so many of them. I wish c10 sounds as good as I read about them. Zsn were very good for their price but I didnt like sibilance on higher volume so I gave them away.
Is mh755 so good? I have mh1c but my phone lack output power.

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #15,522 of 31,868
I used to buy 1-2 iems and listen to them until they're dead, but after your reviews ordered so many of them. I wish c10 sounds as good as I read about them. Zsn were very good for their price but I didnt like sibilance on higher volume so I gave them away.
Is mh755 so good? I have mh1c but my phone lack output power.

You could have fixed the ZSN very easily. No need to have given them away :frowning2:

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #15,524 of 31,868
And...what about CCA C10 VS Tinaudio T2, guys?
Totally two different sound signatures. Generally people are going to buy either one or the other according to what kind of sound signature they're looking for. The C10 is balanced and lively, while the T2 is more on the neutral side with a slight emphasis on MID's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back