CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 19, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #15,481 of 31,833
I've heard if the usb is shoved in too hard it can push the board around inside. Maybe on removal it dragged yours down? Try inserting the cable and wiggling it out again.

Here's the instructions if yours was missing:

Thank you! I received those instructions too. But they seemed very confusing. I will have to read them again.

I noticed this issue as soon as I opened the package. So, it came defective from the factory. I also noticed that the micro USB port is loose and is moving along with the charging port flap when I open and close it. I can see that the flap is actually pushing the USB port inside when I close it (and this is making the button unclickable). When the charging cover flap is opened, the USB port is moving in the opposite direction & I can click the button again.

I never tried refunds on AliExpress, but I hope I will get a refund with this unit as it is defective out-of-box. I tried to show the defect on a video when I opened a dispute, but I don't know if I could capture it properly.

Jan 19, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #15,482 of 31,833
I have all three and I would rec the CCA C10, TRN IM1 is V shaped with huge bass, TRN V80 is not as natural as CCA C10
I agree with that. I have V80 and C10, C10 much more open sounding, bigger soundstage and bass is in better proportion to the rest of the range. Treble is cleaner with more detail. The C10 is very addictive!

Jan 19, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #15,483 of 31,833
Yea C10 is enough to stop me from buying anything ear-related for a long time. Got mine at $25 and would have been happy paying much much more for them. Great all rounders due to them crystal clear mids, and nice bright, clean highs. Stage is wide and deep. Decent height, everything is surrounded by the perfect amount of air and placed correctly. Its really amazing how well they tuned these.

Jan 19, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #15,484 of 31,833
Yea C10 is enough to stop me from buying anything ear-related for a long time. Got mine at $25 and would have been happy paying much much more for them. Great all rounders due to them crystal clear mids, and nice bright, clean highs. Stage is wide and deep. Decent height, everything is surrounded by the perfect amount of air and placed correctly. Its really amazing how well they tuned these.
That's right. I agree with that, also the bass has such great texture and detail. I just listened to "The unanswered question" by Charles Ives, with the NY Philharmonic conducted by Leonard Bernstein. Fantastic! Amazing sense of space and atmosphere. They are my new #1. It's interesting to think they use the same BAs as the KZ ZS10 which sounds totally different. The C10, I think, has a new design of DD with a dual magnet and titanium diaphragm.

Jan 19, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #15,485 of 31,833
While I vowed to stop buying new IEMs after the D4, BQ3 and ZSN, the positive feedback on the C10 is so tempting! Anyone besides panda who has both the BQ3 and C10 and can compare? While the BQ3 could be slightly more detailed and the ZSN slightly more coherent, I must admit im afraid the difference between C10, BQ3 and ZSN will be neglible. Should I be saving up for a ~$100 iem..? Choices :o2smile:

Jan 19, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #15,486 of 31,833
I see more and more praise for the CCA C10, seems like they are approaching to be the new sub 50$ budget champ.
Bought them a week ago hoping for some upgrade over QT2, if they are indeed better, gonna stick with them for a Long while, and then just jump onto something more expensive.

There is only so much money one can spend, with the rather laughable salaries and an abominable USD price in my country.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #15,487 of 31,833
My review CCA C10 https://mysku.ru/blog/aliexpress/69957.html (russian)

In short, they very much resemble BQEYZ KB100, while they are 2 times cheaper. They are a little stronger emit high frequencies, from which it may seem that they are slightly smeared on heavy genres, but otherwise similar. Very good for the price.

Jan 19, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #15,488 of 31,833
While I vowed to stop buying new IEMs after the D4, BQ3 and ZSN, the positive feedback on the C10 is so tempting! Anyone besides panda who has both the BQ3 and C10 and can compare? While the BQ3 could be slightly more detailed and the ZSN slightly more coherent, I must admit im afraid the difference between C10, BQ3 and ZSN will be neglible. Should I be saving up for a ~$100 iem..? Choices :o2smile:
I have BQ3. They are outstanding as well, but much leaner mids and a bigger mid bass presence.

Jan 19, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #15,489 of 31,833
I'm curious how you (and others?) would differentiate between balanced and neutral? I would regard them as somewhat of a similar thing, a relatively flat frequency response.

Both the CC10 and **** interest me i must say, i like the ZSN and never had a piezo-driven IEM. The IM1 intrigues me as well. All three are on my list of 'might purchase in the future / keep an eye on'.

@HungryPanda any comparison between the CC10, IM1 and BQ3? :beyersmile: I imagine the IM1 and BQ3 would be somewhat similar though I haven't exactly read up on the IM1 much.
A well-balanced earphone would display the attributes of not having one particularly dominant frequency -bass, mids and highs, which are all balanced, but can be emphasized differently according to genre selected. Neutral earphones will sound nor warm or cold and will typically sound almost flat, but more towards a natural state with no frequency being emphasized over the other with most genres.

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #15,491 of 31,833
**** is on the way for me since some time....but shipping to Canada is sooo long...now, that piezo electric is into ultra budget price range....i wish the PLANAR became more accessible as the cheap one is from SF and Toneking....wich is 160$...I LOVE planar sound rendering, and can't imagine how good it can be if used in pair with a BA. To be really competitive it should be cheaper than the MONOPRICE M300 that can be find for 120$ new (and intrigue me as ***).

I'm happy to see i'm not the only one to love the TRN IM1 too:):) They give some break to the M6, wich is my other daily iem (I will order an extra filter for it soon).

I think 2019 will be an exciting chifi year!
lot of new tech and design at ultra competitive price!
unfortunately I have no home or car to sell, guess its time to see if my liver is still sellable after all this alcool abuse then!

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #15,492 of 31,833
[QUOTE = "1Temizci, yayın: 14725621, üye: 363120"] CCA C10'dan nötr kalmayacaksınız, büyük surround ses kademesine sahip dengeli bir ses imzası! Ancak daha iyisi, nötr + doğal ses imzası ve C10 ile aynı fiyat civarında, gerçekten ****'ya bakmalısınız.

En iyi dengeli + canlı Bugüne kadar duydum: C10

En iyi nötr + doğal Bugüne kadar duydum: ****

-Clear [/ Alıntı]
**** : **** D6
is it correct?

PS: can you erase this post please? As well as top secret **** brand....(don't wanna report, its not my type)

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #15,493 of 31,833
Finally got some time to do the compares. Here is the NiceHck M6 with tips rolled first, and filters rolled 2nd. Shows the potential for tuning the M6. All of the Filter runs were done with the Stock tips but all tests were done with the same after-market cable.

Tip Compare

Stock vs Auvio Wide Bore

Stock vs Whirlwind

Stock vs Spinfit Yellow

Stock vs Comply Foam

Filter Comparisons

Stock Filters

LZ A6 Filters

BLUE

Black

Red

Gold

Gunmetal

Magenta

Navy

Silver

Violet

BGVP Vented Filter

Jan 19, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #15,495 of 31,833
Never a believer of burning in, but i just decided to cook the C10 for ard 35hrs straight over the past 2 days and have to say they are smoother right now in their mids, trebles are less splashy, in fact its very clean and neat, those cymbal hits has minimal decay.

More cooking needed but i think i might like them too with the IM1 and AS10. Idk what i like anymore after enjoying the monster bass on the IM1, do i really like lean bass, detailed clear highs? I really dont know anymore but i do know i love some bbq chicken
BBQ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back