CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 20, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #15,497 of 31,833
Hey guys, I am fairly new here and was looking for a quick recommendation
Rock zircons were my first budget chi fi iems and they are great but at higher volume their treble can be a bit too much for me, I am sensitive when it comes to piercing high end
- so I prefer something with a nice bass, not extreme but on the stronger side, mids are whatever I guess, the only thing I don't want is a piercing treble...I do prefer a clean sound but god just no sibilance please..I guess the standard hardcore v shape is not what I'm looking for, more something on the warmer side, but again, I am not sure...genres are pretty much everything available today, from rock to pop to hip hop to edm
- style can be over the ear or just regular, would like to try over ear tho
- no Bluetooth needed
- detachable cable is nice but not a must
And the budget would be around 30 dollars, don't want to spend to much as I'm fairly new, just looking to explore

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #15,498 of 31,833
@Punkyyy I think the CCA C10 might be a good option, it's under 30 USD, the current darling of budget chifi. Treble isn't an issue with it, and it has almost no sibilance. Not sure if the bass is up to par as it isn't elevated on the 200-500 hz ranged, but it is quite punchy.

Avoid KZ except for the newest ZS7 as there is a known spike for most of their previous models.

edit: as has been repeated in succeeding posts, the ZSN is a good KZ model as well, like a budget version of the C10. I encountered treble issues with it though so I can't recommend getting it if you are treble sensitive.

I'd love to recommend the Tin Audio T2 (non pro) or any of the BQEYZ but I have no experience with them.

For bluetooth, the TRN BT20 is getting some pretty vood reviews in the wireless thread, it's around 20-30 USD and you can get it in any connector.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #15,499 of 31,833
Avoid KZ except for the newest ZS7 as there is a known spike for most of their previous models.
The ZSN is also safe from sibilance and a safe buy, but yeah, many people are saying that C10 is better than the ZSN.

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #15,500 of 31,833
The ZSN is also safe from sibilance and a safe buy, but yeah, many people are saying that C10 is better than the ZSN.
I had issues with the ZSN treble when I had it :frowning2: I do listen at louder volumes though so that may be why. The C10 doesn't have that same spike in my experience, and I listen in the same volume. :) I'm interested in the ZS7 or BQEYZ but they're not as accessible in my country and I'm still iffy about aliexpress coz I've never ordered from there before. Scared to start buying from aliexpress as that'll probably open another hole in my wallet. :)

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #15,501 of 31,833
I had issues with the ZSN treble when I had it :frowning2: I do listen at louder volumes though so that may be why. The C10 doesn't have that same spike in my experience, and I listen in the same volume. :) I'm interested in the ZS7 or BQEYZ but they're not as accessible in my country and I'm still iffy about aliexpress coz I've never ordered from there before. Scared to start buying from aliexpress as that'll probably open another hole in my wallet. :)

ZSN is harsh due their BA. peak at 2.5 - 3 khz. Aliexpress is safe but maybe slower delivery than Shopee. Just buy BQEYZ. trust me.

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #15,502 of 31,833
Agree with ZSN. It has peaks that can be nasty and harsh depending on person hearing. I couldn`t listen to it long. Yeah, for around 13$ they are good but I would rather hold that money and get CCA-C10 or legit sony MH755.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #15,507 of 31,833
@Punkyyy

This is not good advice as the ZsN is solidly in his price range and would be a good option for him. I agree that some earlier models should be avoided, but saying that all except Zs7 should is not true.

I'd add the EZ Audio D4, the Kz ZsN, and the TRN IM1 to your list of options.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #15,508 of 31,833
This is not good advice as the ZsN is solidly in his price range and would be a good option for him. I agree that some earlier models should be avoided, but saying that all except Zs7 should is not true.

I'd add the EZ Audio D4, the Kz ZsN, and the TRN IM1 to your list of options.
The ZSN is very good indeed for it's price range, but I can't recommend it for someone with sensitivity to treble spikes as when I had it for a few weeks, I encountered that treble spike pretty often, part of the reason why I sold mine to an officemate who wasn't sensitive to those spikes.

If the OP did not mention treble sensitivity, I would have recommended the ZSN as the perfect iem to start with considering it's value proposition and how easy it is to get.

Considering how people are fixating on it, I'll add my reason in the original post to clarify why.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #15,509 of 31,833
The ZSN is very good indeed for it's price range, but I can't recommend it for someone with sensitivity to treble spikes as when I had it for a few weeks, I encountered that treble spike pretty often, part of the reason why I sold mine to an officemate who wasn't sensitive to those spikes.

If the OP did not mention treble sensitivity, I would have recommended the ZSN as the perfect iem to start with considering it's value proposition and how easy it is to get.

Considering how people are fixating on it, I'll add my reason in the original post to clarify why.

Makes sense. A bit of EQ is always an option too for those who wish to change the signature a bit as well. Even the Tin Audio T2 is a bit treble forward.

Jan 20, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #15,510 of 31,833
Makes sense. A bit of EQ is always an option too for those who wish to change the signature a bit as well. Even the Tin Audio T2 is a bit treble forward.
Ohh, the T2 is also a bit treble forward? :frowning2:
I thought only the Pro was considered a bit harsh? I was thinking of getting a sub 50 USD that's a different shape from the ones I have so far (custom iem mold style), and I read that the T2 was pretty neutral in presentation, with the Pro being quite a bit brighter.

Aside from the MH755, which will probably arrive by March, what would be a neutral-ish non ciem shaped iem (bean shaped I think it's called) under $50? So far I found the ones I was considering were the Moondrop Crescent (non removable cable unfortunately), Tin Audio T2, and the ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back