CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 5, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #15,241 of 31,833
Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #15,243 of 31,833
I am really enjoying the Tin HiFi T2 Pro, good quality construction, sounds as good or better than other Chi-Fi IEM's I have had in the past.

Jan 6, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #15,246 of 31,833
I give up as it seems that I have to read out all 1,016 pages of the random discussions to get some, if any, idea of what this thread is supposed to talk about.
Wouldn't it be better to have a scoreboard updated at the top of the thread?

What do you want to know friend?

In this thread we (usually) discuss just what the title says - Chinese IEMs (ie ChiFi) under $100.
  • Newly released ones
  • Old/Classic ones
  • How A ChiFi IEM compares to B ChiFi IEM
  • How to mod C ChiFi IEM to make it sound better
  • Where the cheapest place to buy D ChiFi IEM
  • If this aftermarket cable fits E ChiFi IEM
  • Stay away from F ChiFi IEM because it has bad sibilance
  • G ChiFi IEM has a lot of defects and should be avoided
  • H ChiFi IEM works very well with heavy metal genre
  • blah blah, etc etc.
You get the idea. And yes, sometimes we get off topic with discussions about impedance or Harmon curves. But in general, we (try to) stay on topic for the most part.

We're happy to answer any questions you have; there is no need to get overwhelmed with 1k+ pages of discussion.

Although there is a lot of good information buried in the thread, which can be easily searched using the search function at the top of the page (be sure to check "search this thread only").

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #15,247 of 31,833
What do you want to know friend?

In this thread we (usually) discuss just what the title says - Chinese IEMs (ie ChiFi) under $100.
  • Newly released ones
  • Old/Classic ones
  • How A ChiFi IEM compares to B ChiFi IEM
  • How to mod C ChiFi IEM to make it sound better
  • Where the cheapest place to buy D ChiFi IEM
  • If this aftermarket cable fits E ChiFi IEM
  • Stay away from F ChiFi IEM because it has bad sibilance
  • G ChiFi IEM has a lot of defects and should be avoided
  • H ChiFi IEM works very well with heavy metal genre
  • blah blah, etc etc.
You get the idea. And yes, sometimes we get off topic with discussions about impedance or Harmon curves. But in general, we (try to) stay on topic for the most part.

We're happy to answer any questions you have; there is no need to get overwhelmed with 1k+ pages of discussion.

Although there is a lot of good information buried in the thread, which can be easily searched using the search function at the top of the page (be sure to check "search this thread only").

Appreciate your reply. Will follow your advice and do some 'search.' Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #15,248 of 31,833

I doubt it. I have the VSonic VSD5S, and it sounded different than my GR07 Bass Edition. Obviously, some of that is attributed to tuning, the shell, etc. But the VSDS1 is their entry level model, and I doubt they would use the exact same driver as the GR07.

I could be wrong though...

Update: I found a photo of the GR07 Drivers. If I can find a photo of the VSD1S drivers, I'll update this post.

VSonic GR07 Drivers.jpg
VSonic GR07 Drivers 2.png

Update 2: There is some good info on InnerFidelity's review: https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/more-less-vsonic-vsd1-and-vsd1s

Unfortunately, I cannot find any photos of the VSD1S driver, nor any real explanation of the type of driver it uses other than a vague "Advanced vibrating diaphragm" with a size of 11mm. Here's the rest of the VSD1S driver's specs:

• Driver unit : 11mm
  • Frequency response 10Hz ~ 25,000Hz
  • Impedance 32Ω
  • Sensitive 105 dB/mW
I hope that helps!

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #15,249 of 31,833
I doubt it. I have the VSonic VSD5S, and it sounded different than my GR07 Bass Edition. Obviously, some of that is attributed to tuning, the shell, etc. But the VSDS1 is their entry level model, and I doubt they would use the exact same driver as the GR07.

I could be wrong though...

Update: I found a photo of the GR07 Drivers. If I can find a photo of the VSD1S drivers, I'll update this post.

Yea good point. This is from vsd1 thread. Probably not same :/

Untitled.png

5928035.jpg

just another 2am chi-fi shopping you know lol

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #15,250 of 31,833
Jan 6, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #15,251 of 31,833
Has anybody tried/heard/have this iem:
2018 NICEHCK DT500 5BA

Its looks like a Shure but priced at like $97......anybody?

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #15,253 of 31,833
I received the TRN IM1 before Christmas and thought I would give my opinion about how I hear this earphone. Even though I have many earphones that I like this hobby keeps me buying more. I have justified continued purchases by convincing myself that I am not looking for something better but different. An earphone that gives my music a different mood or feel and in my opinion the IM1 accomplishes this. I will therefore describe how I hear this earphone and then point out what I feel makes it different.

Bass - In my opinion the bass on the IM1 is very good and goes deep into the sub-bass. The IM1 puts some distance between the sub-bass and bass which allows the sub-bass to make its presence felt and heard separate from the rest of the bass. The rest of the bass is powerful and quick, with fast decay that allows it to be hard hitting when required while maintaining very good control and texture. I listen to some metal and symphonic metal and I find the bass in these genres can be challenging for an earphone. These genres often have many different things going on at the same time in these lower frequencies where you want powerful bass that doesn't get congested. On Ghost River by Nightwish the IM1 easily handles the bass in this track.

Treble - Like the bass the treble is also elevated in the IM1. Being 61 years old and being treble tolerant, I hear the IM1 as being on the bright side but not as bright as the ZS6. The treble on the IM1 is well extended and has great detail and clarity. With the IM1 I am hearing new things on very familiar albums. Years ago I listened to the Messages album by Blue Stone quite often. I purchased a set of JVC HA-FX40 earphones that had a carbon nanotube driver. With these JVCs there was a section 12 seconds into the song Open Sky where I could hear cymbals being quietly played, I had never noticed this before so I checked all my other earphones and only with 2 other JVCs that I owned could I hear this at all and with these the volume had be turned way up to hear this. Since then I have always listened to this song with every new earphone I get. Until the IM1 I have not found another earphone that produced this as clearly as the JVC HA-FX40. Maybe some of you with younger or better ears would hear this with many other earphones but regardless it demonstrates the extension and detail of the IM1. I think the best word to describe the treble of the IM1 is honest and transparent. As this is one of this earphones strengths it is also its greatest weakness. Not all the new things that this earphone will discover will be good. The defects in poorly recorded albums and sibilance if present in the recording will be faithfully represented by the IM1.

MIds. - I consider the signature of the IM1 to be a very well done mild V shape. The mids do not feel recessed and are well represented.

Instrument separation on the IM1 is very good and sound stage is average.

What does the IM1 do well.

My wife likes Santana and I like some of his songs but I wouldn't call myself a super fan. While checking out different songs with the IM1 for some reason I decided to listen to Black Magic Woman which is the first song on a greatest hits album I have. Over an hour later the last song of the album ended I wondered what just happened so I went back and listened to Black Magic Woman again. There was an edginess and excitement that I never noticed before. I tried a couple of other earphones that I like and things were back to normal with a warm, smooth presentation and I could easily sit back and relax to. I threw the IM1 back in my ears and ran through Black Magic Woman again. For me the IM1s present this song in a very different way adding life and excitement to it.

I went through a number of different songs, Dirty Little Girl by Elton John, The Main Thing by Roxy Music and Someday by Cosmic Gate and the IM1 made them all sound more vibrant other songs however like Sensation by Bryan Ferry and others I found the IM1 to find unpleasant sibilance.

So if you like an earphone with great bass, great detail and energetic presentation and are ok with some songs being prone to sibilance then you might want to consider the IM1.

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #15,254 of 31,833
RvTrav they will be next for me another 61 yr old that highs don’t bother, exdrummer so smashing cymbals has taken all sibilants out my world..lol.
Nice write up.. I have similar tunes where some parts hide and come out only on certain iems or full size.
Thanks!

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #15,255 of 31,833
Has anybody tried/heard/have this iem:
2018 NICEHCK DT500 5BA

Its looks like a Shure but priced at like $97......anybody?
I have owned these earphones for quite a while and for $97 they are well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back