CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 5, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #14,656 of 31,833
Recently got the EZAUDIO D4s and the NiceHCK EP10s. I really enjoy the EP10s and I love how robust they seem with the tough metal housings. With the EZAUDIOs however i'm having a harder time. The treble on those get downright painful for me. The S, Ch, and some T sounds just really kill my poor little eardrums. I've heard good things about these IEMs. Have anyone else found that their D4s are very sibilant and for those people that may know a fix can you all shed some wisdom on me? I put on memory foam tips hoping that would help a little bit but they're still super sibilant on those specific sounds. Male and Female vocals both. I don't know if im just not very good at handling sibilance (one of my favorite IEMs have been the GR07 BE's which I heard are known to be kind of sibilant for some) or I may have gotten a defective pair.

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #14,659 of 31,833
Nicehck lucky bag (black Friday)

20181205_122144.jpg

Came with no box just in a case, so no specs.

Appears to be a 2xba DD hybrid.

Lovely build quality.

Had a brief listen over lunch and went straight for the included foam tips as couldn't get a seal with the silicone tips.

Initially thought they sounded quite veiled with a loose bass with some mid bass bleed. I would say the mids and highs are fairly balanced with elevated bass.

I'm sure these opinions will change with further listening when I'm back from work tonight.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #14,663 of 31,833
Also back from a very trivial weeks vacation from this thread...

Anyway just wanted to point out a very niche and different viewpoint on the ep10.
Found that JVC spiral dots in one size up is my perfect fit. They also snap in place so tips do not come out in my ear.

That said these are bass kings. I decided to see how special these things were, so I added 16db of boost in the subbass. I then added an 800mw amp(cayin c5), and pushed the volume to distortion. That was 60% BTW.
Not only did the 11mm pet driver handle that like a boss, but the ep10s rumbled so hard that they blurred my vision, and continually vibrated out of my ears. By far the most I have ever gotten out of an IEM.

Ep10 is a special basshead IEM.

Dec 5, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #14,664 of 31,833
Also back from a very trivial weeks vacation from this thread...

Anyway just wanted to point out a very niche and different viewpoint on the ep10.
Found that JVC spiral dots in one size up is my perfect fit. They also snap in place so tips do not come out in my ear.

That said these are bass kings. I decided to see how special these things were, so I added 16db of boost in the subbass. I then added an 800mw amp(cayin c5), and pushed the volume to distortion. That was 60% BTW.
Not only did the 11mm pet driver handle that like a boss, but the ep10s rumbled so hard that they blurred my vision, and continually vibrated out of my ears. By far the most I have ever gotten out of an IEM.

Ep10 is a special basshead IEM.

Can you still hear?

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #14,666 of 31,833
I only tried one BQEYZ IEM, KB1, but it was actually brighter than TRN V80. The others are smoother? :)
Not sure. My first BQEYZ is still on its way. But from I read, some of them should be less prone to piercing. I'll need to wait mine to arrive to find out.

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #14,667 of 31,833
In previous episodes...
I tried many DD+BA IEMs (from KZ, EMI/Timmko, Magaosi, Yersen...) and hated all of them. BA sounded too harsh, piercing and lifeless to me. I still buy hybrids from time to time but always end up disappointed. Also, Dynamic Drivers in those hybrids never seem to provide provide sufficiently deep sub-bass (I like it much more than mid-bass about which I don't care much).
I love multi-DD IEMs with my favorites being Tin Audio T515 Black, I-Into i8, Artiste DC 1. All of those have great (sub)-bass, soundstage and detail without any sign of harshness in the upper frequencies region.

What I wanted to write a very detailed post about...
My impressions about two other multi-DD IEMs that I have recently tried, namely
NarMoo W1M - very good. Double DD. Apparently same body as Tin Audio T515, and tuning is not dissimilar but interestingly enough W1M is more "n-shaped" with mids brough slightly forward while T515 is mildly V-shaped.
QS1 - not so good. Sounds a bit grainy and detail resolution is disappointing compared to all the above. Some mid-bass bleed too. Triple DD.

But I will not write those detailed reviews...
Because I am now overwhelmed by the IEM that I received two days ago: KZ ZSN. Yes, it is DD+BA but it SO GOOD.
+ Sub-bass goes very deep, I can feel vibrations in my throat
+ Soundstage is huge, with outstanding instrument layering and channel separation
+ Highs are very detailed...
+ ...yet don't have typical BA harshness!
+ Comfortable. Even though I don't like over-the-ear style, these fit like second skin.
+ Cable is pleasant
Basically everything I hated previously (BA, over-ear style, heavy cables) I totally love in KZ ZSN. Time to change my whole paradigm of thinking about hybrid IEMs.

Below $20 it is one of my best Chi-Fi purchases to date. I am open to recommendation re similarly sounding hybrids.

Photo from the internet:

HTB1VH62XyDxK1Rjy1zcq6yGeXXa3.jpg

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #14,668 of 31,833
Not sure. My first BQEYZ is still on its way. But from I read, some of them should be less prone to piercing. I'll need to wait mine to arrive to find out.

My only BQEYZ, the KB100, arrived today. No fitment issues and stock tips perfect for me. Three albums in...happy to have them. Mine are the blue ones.

This one has the right sound signature for me. Using my Hidiizs AP200.

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #14,669 of 31,833
My only BQEYZ, the KB100, arrived today. No fitment issues and stock tips perfect for me. Three albums in...happy to have them. Mine are the blue ones.

Let me know your thoughts on them when you've listened to them for a bit. I really like them for me they were exactly what I wished the T2 pro had been.

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #14,670 of 31,833

Picked blue too as the other color option (black-red) is not pleasing to my eyes.

Let me know your thoughts on them when you've listened to them for a bit. I really like them for me they were exactly what I wished the T2 pro had been.
I think you are one of those people whose impressions directed me to KB100. Can't wait to listen to them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back