CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 26, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #14,536 of 31,833
I think the EP10 is an official release now on the NiceHCK store... complete with photos. I find the bass to be just right but I did have to try several tips until I found the best balance for me. I have some Sony type tips from ali that work well.. similar but not quite the same as Auvios. I was using Starlines for awhile.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-...-Tips-For-Sony-Phillips-H0TB/32855203303.html
Ah yeah, I haven't tried tip rolling with EP10. I used the largest tips that came with it. It looks like i'll need to get some starlines for my next orders.
Mine haven’t come yet, but when you say “not too much bass”, that’s the exact opposite of what everyone else has been saying.
Certainly, it's down to one's preference. These have bass, and my ears say that these have more compared to V80.

FYI, some of my favorites are those which some people call them bass-anemic. Badly boosted bass could make me feel nauseated on long session. But as I said before, EP10 have nice bass.

Nov 26, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #14,537 of 31,833
Thanks for reminding me. I haven’t used the CM5 in a while, and I got them out after being reminded by your post.

Wow I forgot how fun these were. UiiSii really hit it out of the park with these.

They really did. Also that case. If KZ could only up their game up and include cases.

Nov 26, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #14,538 of 31,833
I've just gotten the Einsear T2 today and I love it. It has a nice smooth sound, yet resolves quite a bit of detail. The bass is delightful and quick and the soundstage is amazing in this price range. Right out of the box, no need to change tips. This is my top pick under 10 dollar now. :)
IKR. It's an easy recommendation, and great for gift.

I expected nothing when ordered it. It was just additional item for my bigger order (spoiler: the other kind of T2). So I was pretty impressed when I received them.

Listened to them again recently, they have some bass bleeds and sibilance, but because it's a DD, the sibilance is not as piercing as BA. But, forget that. For the price, it's still of a great value.

Nov 26, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #14,539 of 31,833
Mine haven’t come yet, but when you say “not too much bass”, that’s the exact opposite of what everyone else has been saying.
Ahaha like @mbwilson111 mentioned, for me the bass is just right, not like KZ ZSR level kind of bass. Its very present but not like head shaking level (idk, i kinda hate those IEMs and buds with lots of bass but the EP10 got it to the right level)

Didnt take them out for comparison but the bass reminds me abit of the KZ ED9, punchy and impactful.

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #14,540 of 31,833
Haha oh no, now I ordered the new surprise bag as well!

As for the Nicehck EP10: I think the dark signature with much emphasis on the bass will appeal to a lot of people. On top of it, the soundstage is above average. I like the tuning on them...

But if I then swap to the EZaudio D4 or the Einsear T2 I've just gotten, those IEMs immediately shine with more detail, soundstage and way better, clearer mids and highs.

I've just gotten the Einsear T2 today and I love it. It has a nice smooth sound, yet resolves quite a bit of detail. The bass is delightful and quick and the soundstage is amazing in this price range. Right out of the box, no need to change tips. This is my top pick under 10 dollar now. :)
Ya i think most people will like them which is good and at the sale price of $10, they are an absolute steal (especially the material, are they really metal btw? I only remb abit of the kissing the earbud guide to know what material it it. Its cool, but once it conducts heat from the body, its at room temperature, and its not magnetic. So probably some kind of metal which is not magnetic? They make the same sound as the ceremic earbuds though when hit together)

If only they are abit more detailed.. Maybe the black friday one would hit the sweet spot xD One can only hope. I got the green one btw! Got a soft spot for green IEMs

Nov 26, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #14,541 of 31,833
just ordered kz zsn a couple days ago and a type C 2pin SPC cable to use with my note 8. I'm so hyped and cant wait to hear how good it is for its price point

Nov 27, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #14,542 of 31,833
The Einsear T2 and the Urban Fun were the first two iems I ever bought. Those two were often recommended back then. How soon we forget. I need to get mine out again. Why do I keep buying new stuff when I have so much old stuff to rediscover. I bet I am not the only one....
the urbanfun and einsear are pretty old by chifi standards, but by no means obsolete-- a well-tuned iem will always sound good even as manufacturers are cranking out these multi-driver, ever-more advanced $15 miracle designs.

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #14,543 of 31,833
DSC09412.JPG

It sounds more refined with MH1c tips.

OT: Is there anything like Sony's tips on AE? I really like the feel of these tips.

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #14,545 of 31,833
Ya i think most people will like them which is good and at the sale price of $10, they are an absolute steal (especially the material, are they really metal btw? I only remb abit of the kissing the earbud guide to know what material it it. Its cool, but once it conducts heat from the body, its at room temperature, and its not magnetic. So probably some kind of metal which is not magnetic? They make the same sound as the ceremic earbuds though when hit together)

If only they are abit more detailed.. Maybe the black friday one would hit the sweet spot xD One can only hope. I got the green one btw! Got a soft spot for green IEMs

For 23€ i found them very cool. I liké the warm signature !

My collection
https://twitter.com/france_kz/status/1067420335803416576?s=19

I must update this photos

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #14,547 of 31,833
I have so many IEMs on hand right now I'm having a tough time picking which ones to review each week. I was thinking of making a poll with all the IEMs I have on hand and letting people vote on which ones the want to see a review of next. What do y'all think of that idea?
Go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back