CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 24, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #14,476 of 31,867
(Aria cont.) lol OK these things are bonkers on better source/amp. Forget $100, these are better than any sub $300s dynamic IEMs I've tried sans Flares line. Sound sig is more acceptable for most people than Unicorn as well (whose vocals presentation and smoothness still can't be beaten) with their satisfying air-moving bass which BA drivers cannot provide (unless you go wayyy up I guess). Just make sure you have a beefy amp/source to drive these bad boys.

Edit: biggish bass with good source (could get a bit too much for me which means it should be good enough for most people), decently controlled treble, real good female vocals that aren't bright, slightly distant-ish male vocals, decently sized around head soundstage, very clean sounding without weird quirks. get this if you want your bass and female vocals, aka they're good for JPOP or anime ost.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #14,477 of 31,867
Why no more album art! Ur everchanging profile pic makes it diff to know who is posting xD i was like Ronin, oh the kawaii pic guy

Anw do u have the KZ 8 core cables? If yes how does the TRN fare against them?
I promise I'll keep this pic for a while :)

I do have the KZ cable as well. I meant to buy them in MMCX but somehow ordered them in 2 pin. I tried the KZ 2 pin cable on the ZSNs but it looks like the connectors might be a tad too short because of the plastic housing that used to go inside and around the connectors in the zs6/zs10. Its still useable, but it makes the ZSN sounds a little anemic and loses low-end sound. The TRN cable fits fine since the full length of the pins are exposed but are most prone to getting bent because of how exposed it is with the ZSNs connector design. Otherwise, it fits and feels better than I expected it would have.

The TRN cable is like 1.5x as thick as the KZ which makes it that much bulkier. Both handle microphonics pretty well (Maybe the TRN is a teeny bit better?), and both have an ear guide without the memory wire. I used to always take off the memory wire as they felt like a nuisance most of the time, but these seem to be okay. Colorwise, I like the black and silver color combo more than the copper and silver, but would take a solid silver/black over either of them if given the choice.

Nov 24, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #14,478 of 31,867
So I opened all my 5 D4's to include KZ starlines in case I gift them (already gifted one to a friend and he's very happy with them!). Unfortunately, one pair sounds pretty dull. Mids are distant and the overall sound is noncoherent (while detail retrieval is still pretty good) compared to the other 4.

Anyone experience with NiceHCK after-sale service concerning stuff like this? I'm pretty sure I can't capture the difference in sound on video or something similar.

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #14,479 of 31,867
I promise I'll keep this pic for a while :)

I do have the KZ cable as well. I meant to buy them in MMCX but somehow ordered them in 2 pin. I tried the KZ 2 pin cable on the ZSNs but it looks like the connectors might be a tad too short because of the plastic housing that used to go inside and around the connectors in the zs6/zs10. Its still useable, but it makes the ZSN sounds a little anemic and loses low-end sound. The TRN cable fits fine since the full length of the pins are exposed but are most prone to getting bent because of how exposed it is with the ZSNs connector design. Otherwise, it fits and feels better than I expected it would have.

The TRN cable is like 1.5x as thick as the KZ which makes it that much bulkier. Both handle microphonics pretty well (Maybe the TRN is a teeny bit better?), and both have an ear guide without the memory wire. I used to always take off the memory wire as they felt like a nuisance most of the time, but these seem to be okay. Colorwise, I like the black and silver color combo more than the copper and silver, but would take a solid silver/black over either of them if given the choice.
Hmm maybe its due to not having a proper contact that's why it sound anemic?

When i first saw it, i was quite surprised with the colour combi. Really hope TRN will release a solid colour one soon.

Nov 24, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #14,480 of 31,867
So I opened all my 5 D4's to include KZ starlines in case I gift them (already gifted one to a friend and he's very happy with them!). Unfortunately, one pair sounds pretty dull. Mids are distant and the overall sound is noncoherent (while detail retrieval is still pretty good) compared to the other 4.
This is concerning.... I hope mine won't be defective (edit: received mine just now. seems fine).

Is the issue on both channels?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #14,481 of 31,867
I noticed that they're selling those cables in either .75mm or .78mm.

I have a bunch of KZ earphones (ES4, ZSN, ZSR) and a TRN V20.

Which size would fit these earphones?

This black and silver 8 core cable Its quite a bit thicker than I expected. Its pretty crazy these went for $7 on the 11.11 sale.

aOExn0N.jpg

They look quite nice on the black ZSN

Nov 24, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #14,482 of 31,867
I noticed that they're selling those cables in either .75mm or .78mm.

I have a bunch of KZ earphones (ES4, ZSN, ZSR) and a TRN V20.

Which size would fit these earphones?
From my experience, .75 could go into .78 and vice versa. The one you should be looking at is the paragraph. the B paragraph, there's depression around the pins, while the A paragraph, the depression is in the earphone's housing (the receptor part).

If you get the wrong combination, the fit will be shallow and won't secure the connection.

$_32.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #14,483 of 31,867
This is concerning.... I hope mine won't be defective (edit: received mine just now. seems fine).

Is the issue on both channels?

Yeah feels like they don't seal properly or something resulting in a distant sound. Them sounding 'dull' might not do them credit. They still sound pretty detailed. However, something is off about them compared to the others, distant mids and noncoherent/lacking sound would be how I would describe it.

I think you would've noticed if yours had the same issue. I had been using my first pair all day, then gifted them to a friend who liked them and when I opened my second pair and popped them in I felt quite dissatisfied.

Nov 24, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #14,484 of 31,867
Yeah feels like they don't seal properly or something resulting in a distant sound. Them sounding 'dull' might not do them credit. They still sound pretty detailed. However, something is off about them compared to the others, distant mids and noncoherent/lacking sound would be how I would describe it
I think you would've noticed if yours had the same issue. I had been using my first pair all day, then gifted them to a friend who liked them and when I opened my second pair and popped them in I felt quite dissatisfied.
Maybe your pins are backwards or one is backwards.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #14,485 of 31,867
Maybe your pins are backwards or one is backwards.

Ehm, my message was about the ezaudio D4, they don't have a detachble cable. Or is it not reversed 2-pins you're referring to?

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #14,487 of 31,867
(Aria cont.) lol OK these things are bonkers on better source/amp. Forget $100, these are better than any sub $300s dynamic IEMs I've tried sans Flares line. Sound sig is more acceptable for most people than Unicorn as well (whose vocals presentation and smoothness still can't be beaten) with their satisfying air-moving bass which BA drivers cannot provide (unless you go wayyy up I guess). Just make sure you have a beefy amp/source to drive these bad boys.

Edit: biggish bass with good source (could get a bit too much for me which means it should be good enough for most people), decently controlled treble, real good female vocals that aren't bright, slightly distant-ish male vocals, decently sized around head soundstage, very clean sounding without weird quirks. get this if you want your bass and female vocals, aka they're good for JPOP or anime ost.

the Blessing followed the Harman target curve too (Moondrop really likes that). Pity it also comes with the 8k spike for some reason (old target curve, I think?). Whichever curve they follow, Moondrop does it really well regardless.

Also, Flares Gold, BA Unicorn, now this Moondrop Aria, seems you're quite attached to that form factor, lol.

Same price as BA Unicorn too, but this being Moondrop, they also sell on Aliexpress, it should get more attention soon.

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #14,488 of 31,867
After listening to everything I got for a few minutes the most surprising cheap IEM (from initial impression more in depth testing to come) was not the D4 it was the MEMT T3 it's actually really nice for $15. I also ended up getting the BQEYZ KB100 sent to me for review by Penon and its everything I hoped it would be. I'll do a more in depth review after thorough testing but I may have finally found the IEM to take the crown from the T2 :gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #14,489 of 31,867
After listening to everything I got for a few minutes the most surprising cheap IEM (from initial impression more in depth testing to come) was not the D4 it was the MEMT T3 it's actually really nice for $15. I also ended up getting the BQEYZ sent to me for review by Penon and its everything I hoped it would be. I'll do a more in depth review after thorough testing but I may have finally found the IEM to take the crown from the T2 :gs1000smile:

Which BQEYZ would that be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back