CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 16, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #14,221 of 31,845
Tried BQEYZ KC2 with balanced copper cable. P4 goes to box until balanced copper arrives. KC2 is my daily driver for now.

Bass is still tight however got some more flesh. Mids are still clear and highs are the same as with stock cable with mic. Scene sounds slightly wider and deeper.

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #14,222 of 31,845
Can't wait for the BQEYZ BQ3 to arrive!! So, to my understanding the stock tips that come with the BQ3 are not well received. While I did order some New Bee foam tips I haven't liked foam in the past, so looking around for some silicone tips.

@HungryPanda I remember you wrote a good while back you liked SpinFits and Auvio's with your BQ3.

Are these the Auvio tips that people often refer to? https://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Silicone-Replacement-Tips-Medium/dp/B00N568Z80
And SpinFits would be the CP145 right? (6mm nozzle).

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #14,223 of 31,845
Can't wait for the BQEYZ BQ3 to arrive!! So, to my understanding the stock tips that come with the BQ3 are not well received. While I did order some New Bee foam tips I haven't liked foam in the past, so looking around for some silicone tips.

@HungryPanda I remember you wrote a good while back you liked SpinFits and Auvio's with your BQ3.

Are these the Auvio tips that people often refer to? https://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Silicone-Replacement-Tips-Medium/dp/B00N568Z80
And SpinFits would be the CP145 right? (6mm nozzle).

Those are Auvios, but they are much cheaper if you just buy them directly from radioshack.com

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #14,224 of 31,845
Those are Auvios, but they are much cheaper if you just buy them directly from radioshack.com

Thanks for pointing that out, the Amazon link was the first hit on google. Unfortunately Radioshack only ships within the US it seems. I'll look around if I can find them here locally.

Nov 16, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #14,225 of 31,845
So KZ ZSN... lovin it!

I'm finding it hard putting the signature in any one box at the moment, need some more listening. The most recent KZ I bought is the ED16 which I wasn't particularly impressed by... it was decent but a bit cold sounding to me. The ZSN is on a different level to it. It's also one of the best KZ products for getting treble right that I've heard. i listened to a lot of Beatles songs coming to work today and I hadn't realised before how detailed they are. They can be pleasant one minute, then more aggressive the next, whatever the song calls for. A great all rounder so far.

I haven't heard a whole lot of KZ (ZS1, ZS3, ZS5, ED9, ED16, ATR, ATE) but of the ones I have the ZSN is the best performer (I still love my ATR tho). It makes me want to try the new flagship models like the AS10.

I got the Hifi Walker A6 from Amazon and it broke on me the day after, but the ZSN made up for it. The A6 sounded good but nothing that wow'd me so it wasn't a great loss.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #14,226 of 31,845
So KZ ZSN... lovin it!

I'm finding it hard putting the signature in any one box at the moment, need some more listening. The most recent KZ I bought is the ED16 which I wasn't particularly impressed by... it was decent but a bit cold sounding to me. The ZSN is on a different level to it. It's also one of the best KZ products for getting treble right that I've heard. i listened to a lot of Beatles songs coming to work today and I hadn't realised before how detailed they are. They can be pleasant one minute, then more aggressive the next, whatever the song calls for. A great all rounder so far.

I haven't heard a whole lot of KZ (ZS1, ZS3, ZS5, ED9, ED16, ATR, ATE) but of the ones I have the ZSN is the best performer (I still love my ATR tho). It makes me want to try the new flagship models like the AS10.

I got the Hifi Walker A6 from Amazon and it broke on me the day after, but the ZSN made up for it. The A6 sounded good but nothing that wow'd me so it wasn't a great loss.

A6, or A7?

I’ve never heard of the A6

Nov 16, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #14,227 of 31,845
A6, or A7?

I’ve never heard of the A6

The A6. I had it in my wish list but will remove it now.

61-lnVclD8L._SL1200_.jpg

Nov 16, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #14,228 of 31,845
The A6. I had it in my wish list but will remove it now.

61-lnVclD8L._SL1200_.jpg

Ah, I remember seeing that. It appears to be a Kinboofi something-or-other, but with a tweaked rear cover.

Not sure of the A6 price, but the A7 is a steal for $20. It’s even on sale from time to time with an Amazon $5 off coupon!

Nov 16, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #14,229 of 31,845
Ah, I remember seeing that. It appears to be a Kinboofi something-or-other, but with a tweaked rear cover.

Not sure of the A6 price, but the A7 is a steal for $20. It’s even on sale from time to time with an Amazon $5 off coupon!

We can no longer get the A7 on Amazon UK. It closed out that one night that my husband got one for £10.

They want £26 for the A6...about $34. It only appeared recently. I kind of liked the look of it.

Nov 16, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #14,230 of 31,845
We can no longer get the A7 on Amazon UK. It closed out that one night that my husband got one for £10.

They want £26 for the A6...about $34. It only appeared recently. I kind of liked the look of it.

I have an IEM with an extremely similar design and specification - YINJW P8. It’s also sold under other names and model numbers.

Not sure how related it is to the A6 and Kinboofi. It could be made by the same ODM, or using the same drivers. It’s so hard to tell the real behind-the-scene story with these ChiFi IEMs.

Anyways, the YINJW P8 is nothing special at all, although it can be improved with EQ changes.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #14,232 of 31,845
413D66B8-2FAF-44B3-9ADF-126AE2E8EE6C.jpeg 532A1E54-78D7-4805-B339-B929BD26098F.jpeg
Enter the EZaudio D4! What a great sound from this hugely comfortable little cheap bodies!

- Vocals and mids can sound a bit more tinny than the Tin Audio T2.
- Can sound a little closed in on very congested music pieces.
- Great soundstage and excellent placement for this price!
- Warm sounding, but with a good tight bass that doesn't dissolve into the lower mids too much.
- Enough details in the highs without entering piercing territory.

I just listened for an hour, but after switching back and forth between these and the Tin Audio T2, I can say these are actually up for the comparison. Great stuff - this could be the new KZ ATE or Rock Zircon for an entire new generation chifi lovers. :)

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #14,233 of 31,845
Great stuff - this can be the new KZ ATE or Rock Zircon for an entire new generation that will be dragged in into chifi. :D

I love my little purple D4

...and now we wait for the mystery bag iem:)

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #14,234 of 31,845

Enter the EZaudio D4! What a great sound from this little cheap bodies!

- A bit more tinny sounding than the Tin Audio T2.
- Can sound a little closed in on very congested music pieces.
- Great soundstage and excellent placement for this price!
- Warm sounding, but with a good tight bass that doesn't dissolve into the lower mids too much.
- Enough details in the highs without entering piercing territory.

I just listened for an hour, but after switching back and forth between these and the Tin Audio T2, I can say these are actually up for the comparison. Great stuff - this can be the new KZ ATE or Rock Zircon for an entire new generation that will be dragged in into chifi. :D

Good to hear, I'll be receiving mine before long and curious as to what they sound like. I too have the Tin Audio T2 so curious how they compare. Pulled out the KZ EDR1 to listen to in bed tonight. Even cheaper than the D4 but great as well. Hoping on similar value from the D4.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back