CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 1, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #13,891 of 31,833
After mainly using KZ ZSE, the GGMM C800 (gold color) feels like changing shades to prescription glasses for nearsightedness. The clarity is amazing, but I can't listen to them for long because of the brightness. I think my brain will adjust to this in time and I will enjoy them even more.

Yeah, the ZSE was kinda a big disappointment. I had high hopes, because it sure looks cool and is well built. I mean, it's not horrible, but it was just too dark and veiled for my tastes. Adding a BA would brighten it up, along with a bit of retuning. Maybe KZ will revise it down the road.

Nov 1, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #13,892 of 31,833
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #13,894 of 31,833
Perhaps try deeper insert with smaller size silicone soft tips, if you haven't already.
After mainly using KZ ZSE, the GGMM C800 (gold color) feels like changing shades to prescription glasses for nearsightedness. The clarity is amazing, but I can't listen to them for long because of the brightness. I think my brain will adjust to this in time and I will enjoy them even more.

Nov 1, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #13,895 of 31,833
VJJB N30
wNJg6XgQRC2CRA1qNuMcnmC5ulbCpvKJVG-2DGE_ruDIj5LYn6_653wBOEIXp_tBkkVNVls-Mz0l_3IhEQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

yJy6EOak2Nk4E-BeuHkYATyyMlsgubV8zweJVuo7f4_qzS8YHBf7HhShDYXIN-D0SgI89CaBUI5-BxeMPw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

PhYSmVNacb079y8hIBqOJbn3pOxW-CZuBYaDEC0D2SzSFswxLdeiLQwj5gbfAosMWWdsAlBUTp9atiineQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

q1h4ptZNobJOHH65bmVDjX7g1NJog2m2xFM_0gKOqet4VBEfE9JpfIWQmYs1XeVmT3_FROr1Nuo3TDDAqw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg
uf3TlKUy9ciXVCCmj3mvMBdMfAapIcMSA78its5JH1PI0K-j-bXO1a8JFSzObwEpIxgHpPtQC5CqKyANkg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #13,897 of 31,833
I don't know what IEMs/earbuds to buy for the upcoming Ali Sale. Any good recommendations? :)

Under 20$
KZ ZS4
TRN V20
KZ ZSN
Fiio F3

Under 30$
Tin Audio T2
NiceHCK EB2 (earbud)

Under 40$
KZ AS10

Under 50$
BQEYZ KC2
TFZ T2 Galaxy

Under 100$
Audbos P4
NiceHCK EBX (earbud)

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #13,898 of 31,833
Out of curiosity and lack of knowledge about chinese makes: Is a 100$ish Audbos P4 that much better than a BA setup in the 20-30$ range? I just ask, because cheapo markets like the chinese have a tendency to have sellers, that sell at "real" price and others that try to make money from people with more money (who buy things still cheap to them) and sell at a much higher price, while not really offering more quality. I did see, that they put four BAs into the P4, though (and realized they cram up to 7 of those into an earpiece apaprently for higher prices).

And a bit offtopic, a similar thing I saw with cables .. ali has (claimed 7N copper/silverfinish) octocore cables at 20$. Which sounds cheap and I have no idea if they're bad (an exemple would be https://tinyurl.com/ydgck3de .. my guess is they N claims .. 8N in this case, is just random blahblah).

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #13,900 of 31,833
Out of curiosity and lack of knowledge about chinese makes: Is a 100$ish Audbos P4 that much better than a BA setup in the 20-30$ range? I just ask, because cheapo markets like the chinese have a tendency to have sellers, that sell at "real" price and others that try to make money from people with more money (who buy things still cheap to them) and sell at a much higher price, while not really offering more quality. I did see, that they put four BAs into the P4, though (and realized they cram up to 7 of those into an earpiece apaprently for higher prices).

And a bit offtopic, a similar thing I saw with cables .. ali has (claimed 7N copper/silverfinish) octocore cables at 20$. Which sounds cheap and I have no idea if they're bad (an exemple would be https://tinyurl.com/ydgck3de .. my guess is they N claims .. 8N in this case, is just random blahblah).

TRN have new 8 core cables for under $10usd that are pretty nice for how cheap they are

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #13,901 of 31,833
ZS6 seem to cost the same as ZS10 .. is there a reason to go for DD instead of BA drives? Or is BA always superior/cleaner etc? Or can DD deliver more bass and a hybrid BA/DD is better for bass people? I'm a bit confused there.

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #13,902 of 31,833
ZS6 seem to cost the same as ZS10 .. is there a reason to go for DD instead of BA drives? Or is BA always superior/cleaner etc? Or can DD deliver more bass and a hybrid BA/DD is better for bass people? I'm a bit confused there.
From my understanding, generally a dynamic driver will be able to produce more sub bass than a BA. With that being said, I am yet to own an all BA earphone. Ive heard good things about the KZ AS10 however..

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #13,903 of 31,833
Just received BQEYZ BQ3 earphones and I am very impressed. I think better than every KZ based on a short time listening. So far just with default tips Very Punchy bass, very good mids, and bright highs without sibilance. Still waiting for BGVP DMG to arrive, but I have to say these are probably sitting amongst the top of all Chinese earbuds I've tried (and I think I have tried most of them).

Please do a comparison when you have the DMG.
I’m wondering how much more will I hear in buying DMG instead of BQEYZ

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #13,904 of 31,833

Generally speaking, dynamic drivers have more bass impact, while BA has faster bass.

The amount of bass in the frequency response as well as subbass extension depend on tuning and the specific drivers used in the design, so you need to look at reviews or listen to them yourself to know, can't judge just from the driver type.

You can get very good bass in any driver setup, but if you want the bass to have a lot of slam/impact, then probably you want a dynamic driver or hybrid.

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #13,905 of 31,833

Can't comment on that specific IEM, but speaking generally: Correctly tuning an IEM is hard. Going up to a higher price tier means you're paying for more care in the design and tuning process to get a good frequency response, detail,etc. There are some real gems at the low end of the market, but you have to rely on the community to sniff them out. : )

It will also to some extent depend on preferences. If you like a V-shaped signature (lifted bass and treble), that's easy to find at all price points. But a neutral signature is much harder to find on the cheap.

Whether the price difference is worth it is entirely subjective. Diminishing returns apply heavily in audio, also. The difference between a $20 IEM and a $100 IEM is going to be much larger than the difference between the $100 IEM and a $200 IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back