CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 25, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #13,366 of 31,833
Where do you buy it? Can't seem to find it anywhere

Mine was a review sample direct from BQEYZ - should be on Ali this week according to them.

Sep 25, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #13,367 of 31,833
YbKISWu.jpg

Picture of my current collection of 2-pin detachable IEMs arranged from my most to least favourite (left to right).

Sep 25, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #13,368 of 31,833
You were not the only one who had the A8 included in their BQ3 package. My husband mysteriously received it as well. I figured that the reason was they thought his wife should have a new toy too:) Other than the crinkly looking cable (not stiff or uncomfortable just kinky), I quite like them. The are quite bassy but with a few tip changes I am finding them quite enjoyable with my music. The stock tips were uncomfortable for me. The did not fit flush enough with my M spinfits.. maybe I need to order some smalls to try. Too much bass with the KZ Starlines. I only have one pair of Auvios left so I have to save them for emergency use:) Luckily the Tennmak Whirlwinds fit and sound the best. Free IEMs! BTW, my husband did give them a quick listen and did not seem to really want to give them to me... but... they are in my ears this afternoon:) Been burning in a couple of days and I will do more.. someone said to give the GK3 150 hours. Easy enough for me to do with my desktop setup.

No idea if they have been tuned differently from the GK3... they do look identical except for the logo.

May I know which store on Aliexpress did you get the BQ3 + free A8?

Sep 25, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #13,370 of 31,833
Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #13,371 of 31,833
Ordered from AK Audio Store on ali, no idea if they are still doing it

Sep 26, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #13,372 of 31,833

Ordered from AK Audio Store on ali, no idea if they are still doing it

Yes, Panda ordered the BQ3 and gifted me with the unexpected included free A8. Maybe they just wanted to get a few out there before they were offered for sale in their store (AK). I would not order the BQ3 with the expectation of getting the A8 included but maybe you will get lucky. In either case, people are recommending the BQ3. I have not heard them. I have enough of my own to listen to.

Sep 26, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #13,373 of 31,833
Hi guys, this might be a little bit off topic but it's really urgent.
Have any of you had experiences with returning items at Joybuy, and can I trust them to refund me after I return an item?
Tonight (or the 27th, Paypal doesn't give a time) is the cutoff for when I can escalate a case.
In a very quick summary, I bought this dap.
https://www.joybuy.com/600292789.html
It was bad because of the enormous noise floor and ear damaging popping
I made a video proving that this was the case.
I organised a return, they accepted it,
Australia post says that the parcel was delivered to Joybuy on the 22nd of September, they still haven't logged the parcel as being returned, and haven't started the refund process.
If I lose my chance to escalate the case by tonight I could lose 80USD if Joybuy claims the parcel isn't legit, etc.

Has anyone been ripped off by Joybuy, and do you think I should start a case before the time is up?
(Mods please don't ban, I would post this to the obscure daps thread but it's a bit dead...)

Sep 26, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #13,374 of 31,833
annddd check this cheap iem makeover using nail polish
lMubDPa6oh90Hm5o40libC7zlo05n3djJIilTRXKElC2pL-6aKDs5_bJsQ0ZJwRjye4LIBM09xFonsVDlQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

I can see painting the back cover, but I guess I'm missing why you would bling the body when it's covered up by your ears and no one can see it.

Sep 26, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #13,375 of 31,833
Hi guys, this might be a little bit off topic but it's really urgent.
Have any of you had experiences with returning items at Joybuy, and can I trust them to refund me after I return an item?
Tonight (or the 27th, Paypal doesn't give a time) is the cutoff for when I can escalate a case.
In a very quick summary, I bought this dap.
https://www.joybuy.com/600292789.html
It was bad because of the enormous noise floor and ear damaging popping
I made a video proving that this was the case.
I organised a return, they accepted it,
Australia post says that the parcel was delivered to Joybuy on the 22nd of September, they still haven't logged the parcel as being returned, and haven't started the refund process.
If I lose my chance to escalate the case by tonight I could lose 80USD if Joybuy claims the parcel isn't legit, etc.

Has anyone been ripped off by Joybuy, and do you think I should start a case before the time is up?
(Mods please don't ban, I would post this to the obscure daps thread but it's a bit dead...)

I would definitely escalate it while there is still time. You can always cancel the case if you and the seller work something out.

But if you wait and the window closes, you're screwed.

Sep 26, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #13,379 of 31,833
I would definitely escalate it while there is still time. You can always cancel the case if you and the seller work something out.

But if you wait and the window closes, you're screwed.
I sent you a PM

@GuywhoLikesHIFI, Did you contact the manufacturer? Sometimes it helps
Yes I did, I even gave them a call, they said to send an email. They didn't respond to my email at all, I sent three seperate ones, each with an english and Chinese translation, to two of their different AIGO emails. No reply. Never buying them again, the DAP was horrible too.

Sep 27, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #13,380 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back