CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 22, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #13,309 of 31,833
Sep 23, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #13,311 of 31,833
DC1 thoughts.....Darn cable is awful.
Had these on for a few hours now, sadly seem to get worse the more I listen.

Firstly that damn cable is terrible, everywhere I move it thuds, used a shirt clip which made things slightly better but still lots of unwanted noise, not that keen on the relief by the earpieces either, look quite flimsy to me but there you go.

Isolation is not great, OK but not great.
As for sound they're..... OK ish.
After finally settling on some black bore wide tips as the included ones were no good for my ears I'm just not getting much enjoyment from these.

No matter what tip I've tried the sibilance in the upper mids and treble gives me a headache, and the more I listen the worse it gets, Really not impressed with the tuning on these.
Not really going to go into any detail about the sound as I don't want to bore anyone, but certainly at the moment these will be going back.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #13,312 of 31,833

Firstly that damn cable is terrible, everywhere I move it thuds, used a shirt clip which made things slightly better but still lots of unwanted noise, not that keen on the relief by the earpieces either, look quite flimsy to me but there you go.

After finally settling on some black bore wide tips as the included ones were no good for my ears I'm just not getting much enjoyment from these.

No matter what tip I've tried the sibilance in the upper mids and treble gives me a headache, and the more I listen the worse it gets, Really not impressed with the tuning on these.
Not really going to go into any detail about the sound as I don't want to bore anyone, but certainly at the moment these will be going back.

I genuinely find the treble to be their song suit. Clear and detailed with minimal sibilance. I also don't think the cable microphonics are bad either.

Can only assume it's a fit issue.

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #13,313 of 31,833
IMG_20180923_184203-01.jpeg
I just have to say this is stupidly the smartest 10$ i have spent on something. I would pay 4$ for the case (which holds 2 of my IEM) and at $6 for the CM5, the very nice TPE cable, the smooth shell (IDK what is the material but its smoooth too)

The sound man, the sound. It similar to my taped (front vent) Tinaudio T2 with abit lesser detail and that's it! The fit is also so much easier that the T2. And how abt the memory behind the ear plastic? C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E

Even Fleetwood Mac is singing "Can't Go Back". Thanks everyone for bringing this up, its a gem for sure!

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #13,314 of 31,833

It sounds like something is wrong with them but you have enough to listen to so sending them back is the best thing for you. I love my DC1 and my husband has his own pair as well. We do not often get the same IEM. This happened by accident as he ordered while at work and I was ordering at home... we had both seen the same posts in another thread that day. Lack of communication sometimes. For the record, I ordered mine a few hours earlier than he did :) I should have PMd him. lol

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #13,315 of 31,833

I just have to say this is stupidly the smartest 10$ i have spent on something. I would pay 4$ for the case (which holds 2 of my IEM) and at $6 for the CM5, the very nice TPE cable, the smooth shell (IDK what is the material but its smoooth too)

The sound man, the sound. It similar to my taped (front vent) Tinaudio T2 with abit lesser detail and that's it! The fit is also so much easier that the T2. And how abt the memory behind the ear plastic? C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E

Even Fleetwood Mac is singing "Can't Go Back". Thanks everyone for bringing this up, its a gem for sure!

It was not always that cheap... it was $20 to $30 when first released. I think sellers have gotten ahold of closeouts. I can't even find it here anymore. As for the case... My CM5 and my UiiSii T6 are sharing that case. The T6 only came with a bag. I cannot remember what the T6 is like (should give it a listen) but I will never forget how I felt the first time I listened to the CM5 (with Starline tips). I actually paid £16 for each of them... they were both lightning deals with regular price around £20.

So yes, you got a crazy good deal... only in the USA...

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #13,316 of 31,833
It was not always that cheap... it was $20 to $30 when first released. I think sellers have gotten ahold of closeouts. I can't even find it here anymore. As for the case... My CM5 and my UiiSii T6 are sharing that case. The T6 only came with a bag. I cannot remember what the T6 is like (should give it a listen) but I will never forget how I felt the first time I listened to the CM5 (with Starline tips). I actually paid £16 for each of them... they were both lightning deals with regular price around £20.

So yes, you got a crazy good deal... only in the USA...
Yeap but i'm not from the states xD if i am i would have gotten them way back. The shipping fee at amazon is killer.

I think even at 30 bucks, they are still very good for the money. Just that its sweeter at ⅓ of the price :p

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #13,317 of 31,833
Yeap but i'm not from the states xD if i am i would have gotten them way back. The shipping fee at amazon is killer.

I think even at 30 bucks, they are still very good for the money. Just that its sweeter at ⅓ of the price :p

Yes, I remember now.. Japan? How did you get such a good deal?

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #13,319 of 31,833
It sounds like something is wrong with them but you have enough to listen to so sending them back is the best thing for you. I love my DC1 and my husband has his own pair as well. We do not often get the same IEM. This happened by accident as he ordered while at work and I was ordering at home... we had both seen the same posts in another thread that day. Lack of communication sometimes. For the record, I ordered mine a few hours earlier than he did :) I should have PMd him. lol
Lol.
Yeah could be a dodgy pair but not sold on them at all.
Can't stand them to be honest.

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #13,320 of 31,833
Yes, I remember now.. Japan? How did you get such a good deal?
Arigato mbwilson chan, i'm from Singapore xD perhaps i should update my profile

I was trying my luck on the thermoplastic on this local shopping app and saw that there is this earphone shop. Went in and browse through and to my surprise, they have the CM5 at a low price. So i just put into my cart and usually for these app, they have a coupon for first purchase (which they dont give it or offer it or notify u but u have to key in the coupon code without any knowledge). So i tried to google if there is such coupon and voila, 5$ off.

Too bad the shipping fee is crazy otherwise i would love to try the Artiste DC1 or the Timmkoo C631. But seems like QC is an issue after @monitoringsound70 received his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back