CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 3, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #8,611 of 31,833
Hope someone can share tips on how to order the BGVP DS1 V1 surely.

I'm trying to contact Penon from Aliex about the availability of BGVP DS1 V1 or TN Version, still waiting for a reply.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Apr 3, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #8,612 of 31,833
My V20 and the ZS5 are the ones shipped so far. It even says I can expect my ZS10 between upcoming Wednesday or Friday. Well, we’ll see about that.

The BGVP has 1 day and a few hours to go before shipping has to be confirmed... the T2 and Malloom Water Drop are also awaiting shipment still...

Just had a message from the seller of the BGVP you posted saying there will be a 10-14 day wait due to testing a new batch.

I decided to cancel for now as have the offer 3 incoming.

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #8,613 of 31,833
Any chi-fi that has consistency issues and not notifying people of changes from the first moment are no-go for me anymore. Rather keep money for something sure.

Apr 3, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #8,614 of 31,833
Fair enough. I wrote "no difference found". That doesn't mean there was no difference. It was my own perception only and I could have missed it. Similar with tips and fit, I always add "for my ears". Only measurements are conclusive in my case.

I find that the ibasso are very sensitive to the depth of insertion...in my ears :)

Oh, how did I break in? I connected to an FM radio playing classic rock and hits. Volume at a healthy medium.

Intelligent.....never thought of that

Well radio have a lot of other noises mixed with sound....so superb burn

Well I don't believe in burn that much, but this would be the best way to get the driver in tune

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #8,616 of 31,833
Any chi-fi that has consistency issues and not notifying people of changes from the first moment are no-go for me anymore. Rather keep money for something sure.
I can see why, but keep in mind that this is common business in the technology industry as a whole. Apple uses different chips in production lines of MacBooks, Motorola changes camera chips in its models. It's always a buy and sell thing for tech companies. Where it goes wrong, is the quality control. The product should offer the same - not something completely different of course.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #8,617 of 31,833
Maybe this question don't belong here, but since people here have tried the tinaudio t2 and ibasso it01, they can answer better then the others.

I am looking for headphones that sound like the ibasso it01 or tinaudio t2, I am trying to decide between the dt880, hd598/99 or maybe the fidelio x2(although with the e10k, people say they sound really harsh), i can't get them for ~~159€/200usd each

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #8,620 of 31,833

That actually looks pretty cool. It would match great with the green ZSR or ZS6, black ZS6, etc.

It doesn't hurt anything, and is an excellent cable otherwise. I know it bothers a lot of people, which is their perogative.

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #8,621 of 31,833
Get. V20s in red look like toys. Kind of cute.
Wow. That is a stop-dead-in-your-tracks-and-stare shade of red...

That picture reminds me of the Moxpad x9 that I got several weeks ago. I have taken it out of its case and am burning it in now. It came when we were down with a really bad flu so at the time I could not listen to them. I only held them near my ear to make sure they worked and then I put them away...until now. So, at the moment I don't even know what they sound like. No one in here ever talks about this brand. I just happened to see them on ali one night and was intrigued by the color.

R0013095.JPG
R0013126.JPG

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #8,623 of 31,833
Does anyone have any thoughts on the KZ ATR vs the KZ ZS3? I'm specifically looking for one that is less sibilant, perhaps has a veiled high end as I can't do piercing highs at all.

Also a little wary of detachable cables. Loved my Tennmak Pro until it started to scratch or drop out with every step I'd take because of the detachable cable.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #8,624 of 31,833
That picture reminds me of the Moxpad x9 that I got several weeks ago. I have taken it out of its case and am burning it in now. It came when we were down with a really bad flu so at the time I could not listen to them. I only held them near my ear to make sure they worked and then I put them away...until now. So, at the moment I don't even know what they sound like. No one in here ever talks about this brand. I just happened to see them on ali one night and was intrigued by the color.

Those Moxpads remind me of Vsonic VSD3S/VSD5S (called "jewel" style IEMs by many manufacturers, as you can imagine why):

1_2-650x365.jpg

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #8,625 of 31,833
Does anyone have any thoughts on the KZ ATE vs the KZ ZS3? I'm specifically looking for one that is less sibilant, perhaps has a veiled high end as I can't do piercing highs at all.

Also a little wary of detachable cables. Loved my Tennmak Pro until it started to scratch or drop out with every step I'd take because of the detachable cable.
You already made your choice it seems. :wink: The ATE is the way to go. Still a fantastic IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back