CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 30, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #8,447 of 31,833
Mar 30, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #8,448 of 31,833
ok , cos i do not like the zst at all, they sound vailed to me and muted.... I do love the BBC sound so recessed mids nah. mind you I don't have a graph but I do like the vjjb k4 and they sound V-shaped but clearer then ZST aswell.
cant see why many recommend them,apart from looking cool theres not much.

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #8,449 of 31,833
I've just noticed Einsear T2 in your signature...I also have them, using them on my Benjie DAP. What are your thoughts on them and how would you compare the two T2s? (other than Einsear having more bass, I'm certain, and being warmer)

Also, KZ EDR2 vs. ED9 vs. UiiSii HM7? I might get a pair of sub-10$ IEMs, just because...

On the topic of burn-in: while I can understand that (some) drivers might sound slighly different after a while due to “adjusting“ to different signal they're receiving compared to factory tuning, I still believe that most of percieved difference in sound comes simply from you getting used to head/earphones' specific sound signature. In other words, “brain burn-in“ is more responsible than actual changes on drivers, whatever they may be...
Just my 2 cents...
Agree with you totally. Your sub-10s are all great.

Mar 30, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #8,450 of 31,833
I think I might get a pair of UiiSii HM7 for my mother, she wanted a pair of white/gold earphones so I got her some white/gold Rock Zircon last night but after reading opinions of the Rock Zircons I might cancel and get the UiiSii HM7.
Good choice?
tbh she will be happy with anything I get I just want to get her the best possible (for around £5) with the color she wanted.

Mar 30, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #8,451 of 31,833
I've been lyrical in the past (thanks to @Nymphonomaniac) about Zhiyin Z5000. I even bought a second pair (being an iem-hoarder and affraid of losing my first pair) and I can assure you that the second pair sounds as good as the first one. As far as I'm concerned I also cannot detect any noticeable driver degradation as someone stated many pages back.

The only thing is that the bass is bit too big for my taste. That's why I applied a small hack that works amazingly for my ears. I cover the vent at the back with a small cutout of standard white label (I suppose there are mircropores in the paper, normal tape made them sound anemic).

IMG_20180330_133729.jpg

So for everybody on the fence, now is the time to take the plunge.

Mar 30, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #8,452 of 31,833
I think I might get a pair of UiiSii HM7 for my mother, she wanted a pair of white/gold earphones so I got her some white/gold Rock Zircon last night but after reading opinions of the Rock Zircons I might cancel and get the UiiSii HM7.
Good choice?
tbh she will be happy with anything I get I just want to get her the best possible (for around £5) with the color she wanted.

This is going to depend on what sound signature she likes. The HM7 has almost zero sub-bass and struggles with bass extension while the Zircon will deliver more sub-bass at the expense of less detail in the mids. Truth be told, both are over-hyped as both were good but neither was the $500 world beater the hype claims them to be.

Mar 30, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #8,453 of 31,833
I've just noticed Einsear T2 in your signature...I also have them, using them on my Benjie DAP. What are your thoughts on them and how would you compare the two T2s? (other than Einsear having more bass, I'm certain, and being warmer)

Also, KZ EDR2 vs. ED9 vs. UiiSii HM7? I might get a pair of sub-10$ IEMs, just because...

On the topic of burn-in: while I can understand that (some) drivers might sound slighly different after a while due to “adjusting“ to different signal they're receiving compared to factory tuning, I still believe that most of percieved difference in sound comes simply from you getting used to head/earphones' specific sound signature. In other words, “brain burn-in“ is more responsible than actual changes on drivers, whatever they may be...
Just my 2 cents...

When i received my einsear i remember i posting something like "they don't sound like any iem's i have" the mids are closest do my earbuds. That being Said, i Just put both T2 and was positively impressed. In terms of mids, they are close to the tin t2 in terms of volume, The tin T2 have a little bit more definition and less volume in the Bass, more texture, more details and texture on the lower frequencies. also overrall Excels in imaging, tone. But the einsear is i think the best mid forward iem under 10$. They are a true gem.

The KZ ate are mid forward, but lacks Clarity, the einsear don't.

I don't see einsear being Warmer.

About hm7, i remember them being close to zircon with less sub bass. The zircon is being kinda bashed these days. I remember liking them but my ear changed since them, i almost never use my memt X5 that i buy to substitute them, for example... Go for edr2. I never heard ed9.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #8,454 of 31,833
Delete.

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #8,455 of 31,833
Since its the last day of the Aliexpress sale, I just wanted to throw it out there that if you're looking for something just under $50(cable included version) consider the Z5000.

When I began buying IEMs, I didn't consider myself a bass person. The Zhiyin Z5000s changed the way I saw bass and while I wouldn't call myself a basshead by any means, I learned to appreciate good bass in an IEM.

These have insane bass extension; they hit very low sub bass and have nice impact in the mid bass. Despite that, I don't experience any muddiness, and vocals aren't drowned out nor take a backseat like they do in V shaped sound signatures. Male vocals are full but clear, and guitars sound amazing since you can feel the impact of the strings. They have a solid treble that isn't artificial or dull, but the bass definitely takes most of the presence. Also, I'm not sure what it is about these, but I feel like I feel like details that are left behind in other IEMs are made so much clearer with the Z5000s, which really makes these a fun pair to listen to music with. Could it be the "Tesla Drivers" they are using? The downsides are that these can sound a little "stuffy" when compared to IEMs with a brighter signature and large soundstage. These are much more intimate in comparison. There is also the small issue of driver flex, which isn't a huge issue if you use foam tips. They overall have a rich sound that is very addicting and is a nice contrast to more common V-shaped sound signatures,

I personally EQ my Z5000s in the frequencies above 2k which opens up the sound a little, make female vocals a little "clear"er, and add a little more sparkle, but not too high to take away from the low end.

In the event you dislike it, you still have a very durable IEM with that can be a bass reference when you want to compare other IEMs. I personally think its a pretty good idea to have an IEM that excels or even is excessive at a certain frequency so you can use it to compare to other IEMs when determining what your preferred sound signature is.

VkG9zzI.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #8,456 of 31,833
Since its the last day of the Aliexpress sale, I just wanted to throw it out there that if you're looking for something around $40 ($32 if you already have an mmcx cable), consider the Z5000.

When I began buying IEMs, I didn't consider myself a bass person. The Zhiyin Z5000s changed the way I saw bass and while I wouldn't call myself a basshead by any means, I learned to appreciate good bass in an IEM.

These have insane bass extension; they hit very low sub bass and have nice impact in the mid bass. Despite that, I don't experience any muddiness, and vocals aren't drowned out nor take a backseat like they do in V shaped sound signatures. Male vocals are full but clear, and guitars sound amazing since you can feel the impact of the strings. They have a solid treble that isn't artificial or dull, but the bass definitely takes most of the presence. Also, I'm not sure what it is about these, but I feel like I feel like details that are left behind in other IEMs are made so much clearer with the Z5000s, which really makes these a fun pair to listen to music with. Could it be the "Tesla Drivers" they are using? The downsides are that these can sound a little "stuffy" when compared to IEMs with a brighter signature and large soundstage. These are much more intimate in comparison. There is also the small issue of driver flex, which isn't a huge issue if you use foam tips. They overall have a rich sound that is very addicting and is a nice contrast to more common V-shaped sound signatures,

I personally EQ my Z5000s in the frequencies above 2k which opens up the sound a little, make female vocals a little "clear"er, and add a little more sparkle, but not too high to take away from the low end.

In the event you dislike it, you still have a very durable IEM with that can be a bass reference when you want to compare other IEMs. I personally think its a pretty good idea to have an IEM that excels or even is excessive at a certain frequency so you can use it to compare to other IEMs when determining what your preferred sound signature is.

VkG9zzI.jpg

Nice photography

Try xelento from beyerdynamic and not your taste, but concept of Bass. Just to much realistic but emphasized bass.

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #8,457 of 31,833
Since its the last day of the Aliexpress sale, I just wanted to throw it out there that if you're looking for something around $40 ($32 if you already have an mmcx cable), consider the Z5000.
The only store that I know of, NiceHCK, has them for $48 without cable and unavailable $56 with. Where are you getting it for $32?

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #8,458 of 31,833
The only store that I know of, NiceHCK, has them for $48 without cable and unavailable $56 with. Where are you getting it for $32?
Yikes, I was looking at the seller "hotfi", but it looks like the cable-less version is sold out. They are selling the one with a cable included at $46.75, which is still a little cheaper. I'll edit my post

Nice photography

Try xelento from beyerdynamic and not your taste, but concept of Bass. Just to much realistic but emphasized bass.

Man I wish I could drop $1k on a pair of IEMs...

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #8,460 of 31,833
guys got the yersen fen-2000 today I have mixed feelings... they are are not bad .. but they are not good either... mids sounded veiled out of the box so I changed the tips.... I changed to my favorite tips and add some eq... and they improved the sound signature to more what i like.. but if I need to be honest dont believe the hype guys.. they arent good imho for 20 bucks.. I dont know what the guy from audiobudget was thinking but they arent better then the kz ate or rock zircon imho ..... they share same sound signature like kz ate.. but the kz ate has much better mids and bass... as for the bass they have not much bass either... I cant recommend this iem .. if people want to buy this.. z5000 and the bgvp ds1 v1 are a much better choice..... I was a bit dissapointed with the iem if i need to be honest..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back