CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 22, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #7,291 of 31,867
omg... this coming from You - I`m soooo waiting my IT01 to arrive!

I ordered my black IT01 last night from Amp3. Found a voucher code online for 10% discount. So it cost £80.99 with free shipping within the UK. Fedex has it now and is estimating a Tuesday delivery. I guess they do not prioritize it when it is super saver delivery.

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #7,292 of 31,867
I`m outside of UK unfortunately and to me shipping is ridiculous 18£ extra -.-
So, despite possible customs fee, I probably still get it cheaper from Penon than from Amp3.

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #7,294 of 31,867
I`m outside of UK unfortunately and to me shipping is ridiculous 18£ extra -.-
So, despite possible customs fee, I probably still get it cheaper from Penon than from Amp3.

I hope you get it soon. Has it shipped?

Feb 22, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #7,295 of 31,867
I hope you get it soon. Has it shipped?
Seems that not yet. I paid through paypal and they have the money but no dispatch e-mail yet.

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #7,296 of 31,867
Well DS1 came......

Well penon guys are great.

DS1

Bass: TFZ series 4 style bass but even more quicker(way quicker). It is tuned to keep pace with BA but has dynamics of BA driver. It doesn't go deeper but good enoihht to feel rumble. The sub Bass is sorta roll of..compared to TFZ king I mean to say.

Mids: good, within tune: and going to shire 535 tuning instead of Asian but has that Asian hint....male vocals still doesn't have that organic feel, what I get from 535 or TFZ tequila or series 4.. Very clear and woman and male vocal have same energy which feels good.

Treble: mature version of ZSR, less peaky and more smoother overall but still taking front seat..... Sorta vibrant and very small sibilance can be heard from some song.

Sound image: hybrid coherency issues but is having same coherency as rose 7. It gets disjoint on very very fast songs. Or frequency sweep.

Sound stage: a little bigger than zsr..

Compared to HD800, no bro....it isn't on the level

But I can say it surpasses fiio F9 pro on sound signature.... F9 pro wins by a very little margin on coherency

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #7,297 of 31,867
I'm a little skeptical about the "magnet strength loss" issue

There doesn't seem to be a definitive conclusion on the long-term effects of driver flex, but I have probably flexed the z5000 drivers a lot more than I should have with tip rolling, and they still sound perfectly fine. And if it wasn't because of driver flex, I'd imagine you got a dud pair.

@dhruvmeena96 , do you own another device with tesla drivers to which you could compare what a weaker magnet sounds like compared to a regular one? Is it a possibility you just don't like the iems rather than them being broken?

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #7,301 of 31,867
Well DS1 came......

Well penon guys are great.

DS1

Bass: TFZ series 4 style bass but even more quicker(way quicker). It is tuned to keep pace with BA but has dynamics of BA driver. It doesn't go deeper but good enoihht to feel rumble. The sub Bass is sorta roll of..compared to TFZ king I mean to say.

Mids: good, within tune: and going to shire 535 tuning instead of Asian but has that Asian hint....male vocals still doesn't have that organic feel, what I get from 535 or TFZ tequila or series 4.. Very clear and woman and male vocal have same energy which feels good.

Treble: mature version of ZSR, less peaky and more smoother overall but still taking front seat..... Sorta vibrant and very small sibilance can be heard from some song.

Sound image: hybrid coherency issues but is having same coherency as rose 7. It gets disjoint on very very fast songs. Or frequency sweep.

Sound stage: a little bigger than zsr..

Compared to HD800, no bro....it isn't on the level

But I can say it surpasses fiio F9 pro on sound signature.... F9 pro wins by a very little margin on coherency
So ds1 is good as zsr?
How to compare with T2.

Feb 23, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #7,302 of 31,867
@dhruvmeena96 , what is Your take on IT01 vs. Tequila1 (if You have both?).

Feb 23, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #7,303 of 31,867
So ds1 is good as zsr?
How to compare with T2.

Ds1 sounds mature, clear, treble is little more but doesn't emphasis on specific frequency making treble artificial.

Just right under 200$......brainwavz b400 with higher resolution and dynamic style bass response.

Just the perfect coherency is the issue.....well I think most chifi ears are used to phase shifts so this ain't a issue and will sound better or equal to shure se846 with tad more sparkle.

Listen both for 5hrs constantly and shire won't hurt your brain......bgvp will, due to phase shift in mid-treble compared to bass..

But they are way better than zsr........

Technically and signature is smooth....just a 95hz small 1dB dip...that's all and that makes male vocal clear and with some weight reduction but the weight is just perfect for me.

signature pass 9/10....small tweak and it crosses 200dollar mark.

Technicality 8/10 can be further worked upon

Pace, rhythms and timing 8.5/10(best till date is rose br5 mkii in chifi)

Soundstage....well rounded and sorta holographic when needed so 8/10

Feb 23, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #7,304 of 31,867
I have tequila and I have listened it01.

Tequila is simply bass weak, it01 sounds better

Both have fast bass.. Tequila sounds way faster and it01 sounds with nice depth

Mids on tequila is seriously tequila....will make you high on notes......open back magic.

Mids on it01 is warmer but still cleaner, romantic sorta sound.

Both have amazing treble but tequila does treble harmonic transition way better... Again open back 12mm driver magic....

Both of them don't bleed frequencies but tequila is tad cleaner on decay rates.

Tequila won't isolate, it01 will isolate and that too greatly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back