CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 21, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #7,216 of 31,833
Well....@tehidiot..

The best neutral under 50$ are tinaudio t1(sounds like dita truth edition, but overall way smaller than dita's) and t2.

Both are diffuse field, so it can sound bass weak or anaemic.... Use ostry 200 if you want some bass..
T1 sounds like the Dita Answer Truth edition? that's quite...something

Feb 21, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #7,218 of 31,833
Can anyone recomend me a good budget (say <50$?) neutral IEM

The Actionpie BS1 goes for less than $20 on Amazon. It’s fairly balanced, although bass slightly steals the show. I will say the BS1 is fairly fragile, you have to take very good care of the cord especially, but a sub $50 iem Chinese brand, it’s a good budget headset.

Feb 21, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #7,219 of 31,833
hello friends, are monk in ear and smalls better than KZ ZS6 and Tin T2? Does anyone own the MONK IE and could give their impressions? thank you

Monk/VE: no idea but the hyped Monk Plus are more than mediocre. And these biggie and smalls look cheap while being expensive. Cautious!
ZS6: don't know but read at multiple places that a prominent 10K peak kills the listening experience [edit: maybe not for everybody but for some reviewers; I looked at the graph and it has a very prominent 10K spike; I don't have mine yet].
T2: have it. Interesting neutral tuning, not for everybody, and definitely not for bassheads. The only one of the three I really desire (although I have the ZS6 on order).

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #7,220 of 31,833
Monk/VE: no idea but the hyped Monk Plus are more than mediocre. And these biggie and smalls look cheap while being expensive. Cautious!
ZS6: don't know but read at multiple places that a prominent 10K peak kills the listening experience.
T2: have it. Interesting neutral tuning, not for everybody, and definitely not for bassheads. The only one of the three I really desire (although I have the ZS6 on order).

To be fair there are just as many, if not more, who do not have any such issue.

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #7,221 of 31,833
they are so colored (or tonally incorrect) that it could only be used to listen to some genres of music (EDM, pop etc).

I listen to EDM 99% of the time so I believe they should suit me well. I know people tell us not to base our judgement off of FR charts, but the X5's FR (measured at audiobudget) looks really desirable.

The MEMT X5 also looks a lot better than the Urbanfun with its metal construction. Urbanfun's housing do not seem really ergonomic, and I doubt they'll give a good seal and provide good isolation.

But I think now I'll need a lot more consideration when picking between the X5 and the HIFI.

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #7,222 of 31,833
I listen to EDM 99% of the time so I believe they should suit me well. I know people tell us not to base our judgement off of FR charts, but the X5's FR (measured at audiobudget) looks really desirable.

The MEMT X5 also looks a lot better than the Urbanfun with its metal construction. Urbanfun's housing do not seem really ergonomic, and I doubt they'll give a good seal and provide good isolation.

But I think now I'll need a lot more consideration when picking between the X5 and the HIFI.

You could just get them both. You know you want to....

Then you can share your impressions.

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #7,223 of 31,833
A fair warning to anyone who gets the Yersen FEN-2000: beware of which MMCX cables you attach these to. Mine got stuck and I absolutely cannot detach them, no matter what I do. Either I got a defective pair, or the design is hugely flawed.

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #7,225 of 31,833
No. But it is not bad either. Old ATRv1 is certainly more neutral but for my subjective taste misses some midrange dynamics and bass expansion of 5th gen ATE.
I`m not saying one is better than another as it is matter of subjective taste. ATE 5th gen to me, with my gear, music preferences etc. is more coherent and dynamical sounding, slightly more distant imaging and presentation (thus seemingly little larger soundstage) and now has similar highs/high-mids details as ATRv1 (probably due to larger nozzle inner diameter than previous ATEs). And they really come to life when amped little.

Based on your description i think i might like the ATE 5th gen better. By the way, which iteration of ATE is it now?

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #7,226 of 31,833

I have a X5 and i like them. They are rock solid, awesome Bass, and the rest is good enough. But, If i can give you a tip. The KZ EDR2 sounds a little better playing Hip-hop than them. They also have a thunderous bass. l don't listen do EDM tought.

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #7,227 of 31,833
@SilverLodestar how is the sound from the yersen fen-2000 vs tin audio t2 ?
I’d like to let everyone know, but I currently have both sides stuck to two different cables because I’m an idiot.

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #7,228 of 31,833
The Actionpie BS1 goes for less than $20 on Amazon. It’s fairly balanced, although bass slightly steals the show. I will say the BS1 is fairly fragile, you have to take very good care of the cord especially, but a sub $50 iem Chinese brand, it’s a good budget headset.

The Actionpie BS1 are rebranded JVVB V1 (and V1S for the mic version), in case you wanted to read up on them or whatever.

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #7,230 of 31,833
s-l1600.jpg

So I found an MMCX bluetooth cable module on eBay for only $9. It says it's for the Shure SE215, but theoretically you can use it for pretty much any other MMCX earphone, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back