CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 19, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #7,141 of 31,867
Excited to get the Yersen FEN 2000 mostly for its goodies! Filtered tips could come to good use and large bore foams could be interesting...this is a lot for 18eu!!!
CyZbG6B.jpg
Any quick impressions?

Anw thanks @Slater once again! I didnt know i have been wearing my earbuds the wrong way the entire time. However i think the MX500 shells are abit too big for that method though it works if worn over the ears. It gives better seal, like really good and allow the buds to be more headphones like. But i feel the foams does make the soundstage more forward, and the extra air also altered the whole presentation. Not sure if i like it on my Yinman 150 but for the rest of my buds, its a pleasant surprise.

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #7,142 of 31,867
Well don't take the words of this forum until you listen to them...

They compared a full fledged legend HD800 with Dual XLR special cable

To BGVP DS1 and

Said BGVP DS1 is better

Hahahahhahah:darthsmile::dt880smile::floatsmile::o2smile::triportsad::triportsad::triportsad:

These children nowadays.

Well if somebody tells me this thing.....I can slap him in front of the whole world.

LOL

Well I can believe Onkyo and flc8s to be beaten as most of the guys are saying they are well tuned.....but can't believe when somebody compare them to HD800, focal utopia

And the reason is not the price, but technology, and tuning which any noobophile can distinguish between.

I think most chi fi guys won't even know about loudness sense diffuse field response target and spherical stage response target's

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #7,143 of 31,867
Well the best IEM I have listen under budgets is

64audio u18tzar apex m20 and PW audio flagship 1960

Tfz lux tequila 1 open back same cable as above

Tfz king pro closed back same cable as above

Tfz series 4 same cable as above

TinAudio t2 fiio mmcx cable

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #7,144 of 31,867
Any quick impressions?

Anw thanks @Slater once again! I didnt know i have been wearing my earbuds the wrong way the entire time. However i think the MX500 shells are abit too big for that method though it works if worn over the ears. It gives better seal, like really good and allow the buds to be more headphones like. But i feel the foams does make the soundstage more forward, and the extra air also altered the whole presentation. Not sure if i like it on my Yinman 150 but for the rest of my buds, its a pleasant surprise.

Will do once I get them. I took epacket as I've heard it was the best value....I'm impatient but not DHL impatient :)
To be honest, I'm not expecting anything astounding as I don't have much info on them and don't have the T2 or other IEMs that they have been compared to. I imaging less treble spike & more forward mids than the Swiing IE800 and the KZ5v2, but have no idea what to expect of the seperation & layering.

Build quality & comfort seem good as many chinese companies are opting for the same shells.

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #7,145 of 31,867
Well don't take the words of this forum until you listen to them...

They compared a full fledged legend HD800 with Dual XLR special cable

To BGVP DS1 and

Said BGVP DS1 is better

Hahahahhahah:darthsmile::dt880smile::floatsmile::o2smile::triportsad::triportsad::triportsad:

These children nowadays.

Well if somebody tells me this thing.....I can slap him in front of the whole world.

LOL

Well I can believe Onkyo and flc8s to be beaten as most of the guys are saying they are well tuned.....but can't believe when somebody compare them to HD800, focal utopia

And the reason is not the price, but technology, and tuning which any noobophile can distinguish between.

I think most chi fi guys won't even know about loudness sense diffuse field response target and spherical stage response target's

maybe it is better then onkyo and flc8s ... I doubt too that it better is then hd800 but still bgvp ds1 could be a hidden gem

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #7,146 of 31,867
Yeah, the filter is glued to the nozzle and the nozzle is quite fragile. Well, If you prefer the sound without the filter, it's up to you. I was liking the sound with the filters on, until I did an A / B with the einsear T2 and tought that the sound in e-mi was too thin and lacking life. So i took of, and voi la! A full, lively and detailed sound. So, If i was you i would try Brain burn in with the filters off. But it's your call. And yeah, they are treble focussed iems, but i find them less fatiguing than your swing or Zst. I see you have a FiiO e70k like Mine. They are a warm source. E-mi without filter and +2 Bass on them would sound Just fine. But i like them without filter even on my phone.

Just a thanks for the heads up on the black filters. I just removed them from one of my pairs to do a test, and prefer them without the filters. Fuller sound. I am doing some comparisons from both my phone as source and my FIIO Q1 and my Asus Zenbook running Foobar. So far, the KZ ZS6 changes the most by using the FIIO.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #7,147 of 31,867
Wow, i read the link that @dhruvmeena96 Gave us and the hype on bgvp is serious around Paris lol.

Seems like a good buy for 11.11, i will not fall in despair and untill there a lot of impressions Will come. I will read the hype as: A guy that listened to hd800 just liked the bgvp, Its enough. There's no need to believe its on the same league.

More important information is, the signature of the bgvp seem to be on the technical side. Leaning to Neutral.

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #7,148 of 31,867
Well, nowadays BGVP is taking kz design, upgrading and improving its concept and correcting it's flaw....

Dm5 was better than zs6
Ds1 is better than zsr

Ds1 is 3driver 3way crossover

Its having upgraded knowles/bellsing 30042 driver compared to harsh monster 30015 in kz.

One for tweeter, one mid and one doing dynamic bass.

Well arrangement is

Twfk + dynamic

Twfk from 200hz to 35khz(well 19khz real armature response)

Dynamic is having a strong magnet and good diaphgram to get speed in bass.

Which is good

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #7,149 of 31,867
Well, nowadays BGVP is taking kz design, upgrading and improving its concept and correcting it's flaw....

Dm5 was better than zs6

Couldn't disagree more with this, though we all hear things differently. The DM5 has it's attributes, but to my ears the imaging anomalies (dead space in the center accept for vocals) and the occasional strident behavior in the 3khz - 5khz frequency range keeps it from being all it could be.

Of course, to your point, some have made similar disparaging remarks about the ZS6's extended treble, but let's both be aware that sound signature preference and source can play a part in what we are discussing here. When the ZS6 is coupled to my Fiio X3i the bass is full on and the treble is less dominant, but through my ZuneHD the treble is more forward because there is less bass in the ear canal.

There is always the possibility that my DM5 is faulty, but the imaging anomaly has been cited by at least one other respected head-fi reviewer.

....and then there is the issue of eartips (silicone, foam, wide-bore, narrow-bore, etc.).

To each his own, but I find the ZS6 to be the better of the two quad-driver IEMs.

It was quite evident on the following track:

The treble emphasis is in the 10khz region on the ZS6. The upper midrange emphasis on the DM5 is where hearing is most sensitive in the human ear, hence the difference when it comes to early fatigue. I found the ZS6 to be smoother in the 3khz -7khz range.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #7,151 of 31,867
@DocHoliday you are right bro...

I was talking about technical and crossover science...

It was honkiesh and off axis image
I has fixed to order tin audio t2.
But i have plan to get one more in ear monitor which is hybrid driver.
My candidate is bgvp ds 1.
I'm sreach information and review about DS1. But only get few review.

Did somebody can give me information about DS1?
Almost like t2.
I like natural and perfect sound.. But still need little deep bass, tight and have accuracy.
Width separation and good staging.

Feb 20, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #7,152 of 31,867
I can slap him in front of the whole world
Come at me bro.
A guy that listened to hd800 just liked the bgvp, Its enough. There's no need to believe its on the same league
I'm that guy and it was the idea behind my comment on Tellement Nomade about BGVP DS1 : to share my surprise and my pleasure.
I wrote exactly that, on my Pioneer U-05-S, "the BGVP seemed to me just as technical and even more "natural" in their rendering than the HD800, with less stiffness in the treble and a little more roundness in the bass". [les BGVP m'ont paru tout aussi techniques et, même, plus "naturels" dans leur rendu que l'HD800, avec moins de raideur dans les aigus et un peu plus de rondeur dans les graves]
I know such an opinion can shock but this what I heard and what I felt.
HD800 is just technical for me. BGVP DS1 seem to me both technical and vivid. As I said in my opening post on TN : DS1 have "a very transparent sound that lacks neither energy nor this presence in the bass that makes them a minimum realistic --- a form of "committed neutrality", so to speak." [un son très transparent qui ne manque ni d'énergie ni de cette présence dans les basses qui rend celles-ci un minimum réalistes --- une forme de "neutralité engagée", en quelque sorte]

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #7,153 of 31,867
@DarkZenith

Extremely sorry I am

Well that statement is in literary terms and not real terms..

I am very sorry and I should have used some other words.

But bro comparing a HD800 to BGVP is something I can't digest and this with many people making claims to compare chi fi to legend series equipment where a company invest a lot of time making it.

Well if you have said hd700 then it would have been feasable.

But HD800, focal utopia and such headphone are clearly class apart.

1. You didn't have proper source to drive that monster.

2. BGVP matched your device impedance greatly.

That's why BGVP sound’s nice.

And why I wanted to slap you....uhh sorry...

Get a solid state senn hdv800 or cmoy booster board.

And then please compare.......

Well I compared my tinaudio t2 with u18tzar on @crinacle thread

But told the proper difference between those two with clear properties.

Well in the end.......finally you mentioned the vividness of BGVP and I am thanking you for that..

Please be more specific about the sound and then we can get your idea about BGVP being better than hd800.

But I will say......if anybody compares directly to hd800 is mere fool and it is by means of no offence to you.

Well I am sorry and I will take away my words.

Dunt know how to delete those forum messages.

And yah

One guy once upon a time compared a cheap headphone to Fidelio

@Slater can tell you in detail.

I didn't agreed but after modding it up we came to like it more than Fidelio x2.

But on proper ESS 9018 DAC I was able to hear the driver making more effort(distortion) than Fidelio x2. X2 were in last more coherent

This may not be heard by you but I am spoiled by best products out there and I am a blind tester( didn't like akg k3003 and JH layla).....so I am more sensitive to coherency.

Well in last, let me buy the product or somebody on this thread and make a comment on it

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #7,154 of 31,867
Come at me bro.

I'm that guy and it was the idea behind my comment on Tellement Nomade about BGVP DS1 : to share my surprise and my pleasure.
I wrote exactly that, on my Pioneer U-05-S, "the BGVP seemed to me just as technical and even more "natural" in their rendering than the HD800, with less stiffness in the treble and a little more roundness in the bass". [les BGVP m'ont paru tout aussi techniques et, même, plus "naturels" dans leur rendu que l'HD800, avec moins de raideur dans les aigus et un peu plus de rondeur dans les graves]
I know such an opinion can shock but this what I heard and what I felt.
HD800 is just technical for me. BGVP DS1 seem to me both technical and vivid. As I said in my opening post on TN : DS1 have "a very transparent sound that lacks neither energy nor this presence in the bass that makes them a minimum realistic --- a form of "committed neutrality", so to speak." [un son très transparent qui ne manque ni d'énergie ni de cette présence dans les basses qui rend celles-ci un minimum réalistes --- une forme de "neutralité engagée", en quelque sorte]

Does this mean that DS1 pulls quite a bit ahead of your TFZ Exclusive King? It wouldn't be unheard of.
I am actually not even that surprised that you compared it to HD800, budget sound quality is beyond amazing today and every month there appears to be another major progress being made. It doesn't even show signs of stopping.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #7,155 of 31,867
Well, I have added ds1 and fen2000 to cart

@vladstef

I will compare it

And yah, I can compare exclusive king to series king pro

King pro is everything tamed and extended. All peaks were tamed, that mid bass prominent Asian sound was flattened and sub bass is improved. Upper mids have less sparkle but more resolution and treble is way more mature.....

Soundstage is more rounded than normal king's and is a tad little bigger.

Both had spin fits.

Add a 75 ohm resistance adapter to normal king and they start sounding sort of same but a little weaker

King pro is 65ohm rated and 68ohm measured

King is 16ohm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back