CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 20, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #7,156 of 31,833
@DarkZenith I am sorry again and didn't wanted to hurt you..

Lemme see this IEM. I will make a comment then as I have HD800, focal utopia, 64audio u18tzar.

I would be commenting on

Bass, mids, treble, soundstage, image, sound colour, sound shape, soundscape and degree of accuracy(coherency).

Will be using spin fits as they create a good seal to my ear

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #7,157 of 31,833
The ears change their preference all the time.

I've just purchased the Etymotic ER4XR some days ago. After spending time with it and went back to my other iems, i found now that i like and appreciate my Svara Red again.

I used to favored the TFZ King (more grandeur) and the Tinaudio T2 (more sizzle) compared to the Red that seemed more bland. But after the ER4XR, now i realise how great its presentation is. The Red is more neutral/balanced ,and more similar to the ER4XR, but with a bigger bass and smaller soundstage.

The Red definitely will get more playtime this days as my taste currently shifted toward this sound

It will not be permanent, i might change preference again. That is the beauty of having large pallete of 'phones...and having suggestion fromthe great fellow of head fi off course

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #7,158 of 31,833
Does this mean that DS1 pulls quite a bit ahead of your TFZ Exclusive King?
ZhiYin Z500 made me forget TFZ King (which I loved once) and BGVP DS1 made me forget everything else (and I own, owned or tested a bunch of earbuds, IEMs, portable headphones and full size cans...) :ksc75smile:

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #7,160 of 31,833
And yah, I can compare exclusive king to series king pro

King pro is everything tamed and extended. All peaks were tamed, that mid bass prominent Asian sound was flattened and sub bass is improved. Upper mids have less sparkle but more resolution and treble is way more mature.....

Soundstage is more rounded than normal king's and is a tad little bigger.

Both had spin fits.

Add a 75 ohm resistance adapter to normal king and they start sounding sort of same but a little weaker

King pro is 65ohm rated and 68ohm measured

King is 16ohm

If you don't mind me asking: what is "asian sound was flattened"?

Also thank you for the resistance adapter idea, i would definitely try it.

You mention they would sound sort of the same, but weaker. Can you describe weaker in what way?

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #7,166 of 31,833
Well king pro sounds like average of diffuse field and Harman kardon response.

So it will sound smaller than reference Harman kardon room, but still have a big soundstage for guys like me.

Well not like tfz lux tequila 1 open back or NAD viso HP50 or akg k550 mk3 with proper seal

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #7,167 of 31,833
@dhruvmeena96 so hypothetically if we use the right amount of resistance and make the King to be equal 65 ohm as the King Pro, they would sound the same (ish)?

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #7,168 of 31,833
Well....no

There is some difference in there driver.....bigger coil and magnet(that I think is coil impedance)

And the body is more hard and stable with more damping.

Well you can get same sort of sound, but in doubt about refinement and control.

Adding series resistance means filtering signals, so driver movement exertion is reduced on loss of bass and treble.

And exclusive king is old.

Well I think it will sound a less refined king pro whether you tune match or simply add resistor..

You know that driver sound. How beryllium sounds different from bio cellulose and Tesla magnet from other magnet.

Well what company says is bigger coil for more control in movement is reason for impedance and we can't emulate it until we replace drivers

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #7,169 of 31,833
Well guys.....I think @DarkZenith doesn't want to accept my apology......no prob..

Hahahahahhahahahahahhahaha...........I am good being a villain then...

Buahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

Well how to equalise a super cheapo 50cents buds for time pass.

Drop all the bass and mids till 700hz by 20db and start raising 1khz to be 10db more.

Leave treble for time being....

Then equalise treble according to ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back