CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 6, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #6,676 of 31,867
Not that I've ever noticed. My noise floor is as quiet as a mouse.

Perhaps it depends on the IEM (like the result of some kind of specific matchup or should I say mismatch)? For example, some complain that the Magaosi K5 has a slight hiss with some sources.

Or does your do it with any IEM or headphone, regardless of impedance?

Does it do it on just the headphone jack, or the line out also? What is your gain set at? And what is your volume set at? Do you use Rockbox or the stock firmware?

I would also ask your question on the following 2 threads, to check with other X3 owners as well:
It doesn't change with volume, I'm running rockbox, and it happens with all 3 of my IEMs (Although I can't really tell with my KSC75s)

It doesn't happen with the lineout side, and my sound setting are the same as the settings you posted on the x3 thread.

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #6,677 of 31,867
just received Rock zircon Nano (not too bad, Build quality is nice, they're light and comfortable, Good Included Silicon tips. , decent low end, adequate Mid clarity., treble is recessed 'almost' muddy, EQ's alright but comfortable in flat config.. a powerful sounding speaker which is nice, personally, I would probably just use my ed2 over it - these will be given to my sister.) , remax s1pro (Disappears on your head, small and compact and comfortable however sound not so great, weak speaker, the sound is clear enough but it's weak and not very dynamic and amping it feels like a waste of time - probably a good gym/job/exercise phone - one of the most comfy and light monitors i've tried - isolation decent too- but I can't recommend it on sound alone)

Baseus EL-01 - Bass monster. strictly for people who want bloated low end, the sub-freqs actually sound reasonably controlled too which is surprising because it sound like a horrible phone off the bat... but it's not 'bad' sound if you're looking for low end strength on a budget... EQ's a must on this one. (I can't recommend this one unless you are on a budget and want heavy low end - like if you have sensitive ears and treble grates on you then these are for you)

My new Silver edr2 (new white packaging) sounds horrible compared to my 100+ hours use (Bronze/gold) ED2. I remember being unimpressed with the (bronze) Ed2 initially but then I amped them and flogged them with various sine waves <100hz and brown/pink cycles... and they became sweet. night and day comparison with the fresh out of the box edr2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 6, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #6,679 of 31,867
Well please review kz zsr

Its launched....

And yeah

I got zhi yin z5000

They made mistake again with this item but not blunder like qt5...

Its deep and musical...that's correct.

Tesla driver feel is present....but my question is why it is tall and deep but not at all wide....

Tin audio T2 fairs far better than this

And

My friend got tfz king pro

Man these a legend.

They neutralised king, lowered distortion if any one can hear like I don

And legendary PRaT

Well as fast as BA driver in EDM...a little slow I guess...

And very detailed in slow song.....

Soundstage was accurately round and big..

Image was a tad better.

But then the real musicality......a little boring for warmish or coldish guys.

But I loved it.

It is out of my budget but will save to get it.

@Slater @Otto Motor

@Steve13 well I am talking this sort of signature from new kinera H3 and expect you make this sort of sound, but more refined by hybrid driver arrangement

Well I love kinera H3 but sorta hate it too.

What I need....my perspective.

A tighter but big sub bass...little allevated
Smooth flat mids from 90hz to 1.2khz(where all information of vocals and mids lie)

A sparkle 1.5dB up from 1.4khz and flat till 6khz.

And tamed smooth high. All treble has to be flattened out from old kinera....smaller peaks acceptable but old treble seriously made cymbal mettalic sharp...

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #6,685 of 31,867
CSnkJ2p.jpg

So my third pair of the Sony MH1Cs had arrived and I thought it would be pretty interesting to compare them to the KZ ED9, considering how much I've talked about both of them.

Sony MH1C vs KZ ED9 Showdown

In terms of bass... both offer a strong bass impact and have similar decay times (moderately quick yet a tad slow, but not laggy). The difference here is that—unlike the ED9—the MH1C has more emphasis on sub-bass and a bit less emphasis on the mid and upper bass. I'd say it's about 60/40 of sub-bass/mid-bass for the MH1C and 40/60 for the ED9. If you want a more controlled bass, the MH1C wins here. Otherwise, the ED9 has a more far potent bass impact overall.

In terms of mids... both IEMs produce relatively neutral mids that aren't upfront or recessed. The only difference is that the mids are a bit more clearer on the MH1C than on the ED9. This is probably because the MH1C produces less mid-upper bass bloat than the ED9, thus leaving its lower mids unaffected.

In terms of treble... Well here is where they are drastically different. When it comes to treble clarity, the ED9 takes the win. The ED9 has that nice peak in the lower treble that just makes everything sound crisp and clear. In contrast, the MH1C does not. Of course there are benefits to having a recessed lower treble like not being overly sibilant. However when it comes to high treble—and many overlook this part, they both excel amazingly. Both offer incredible amounts of sparkle and detail in the upper highs, with the ED9 revealing a bit more of the upper high frequencies which can thus get a little bit splashy. However the MH1C has a more louder and more prominent upper treble, if that even makes sense (context: The usual vinyl fizzing background noise in Gramatik's tracks are more louder on the MH1C).

In terms of soundstage... It's only a matter of two dimensionality vs. three-dimensionality. There really isn't any super defined soundstage for the MH1C, it's either left, right, or center. The ED9 on the other hand has that 3D depth that makes you think that sounds are pooping out of your head. The MH1C only seems to extend just right above your forehead. Both are immensely good at accurate instrument placement though.

Thanks for bringing up the Sonys and ED9. When I received the ED9, I went for the shiny, golden filters that give you more than enough bass. The more neutral sounding brass filters were no option for me at the time.

I could never get used to the ED9. They were fatiguing to me - don't know why - and sounded closed and crowded. I preferred the much cheaper EDR1/2 and HDS1/3.

After the Tinaudio T2 experience, I changed to brass filters: less, more natural bass, overall brighter, and a wider stage. Suddenly much better sounding to me than 1 year ago. That's education.

But adding more bass to the bassy golden filters....not sure why this is desirable.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #6,688 of 31,867
Can anyone recomend me a good budget (say <50$?) neutral IEM

One of the of most considered iems on this thrad is the Tin audio T2, exactly because of Its neutralish signature. You can search for Tin audio T2 on the search bar and read what people who got them think. There are also reviews on the internet on them.

Feb 6, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #6,689 of 31,867
Just received these CI880/C630 from Aliexpress under the "2018 3.5MM Water Drop In-ear Hi-Fi Music Headsets HD Speaker Noise Reduction earbud headphones For Smartphone for computer" name... and they seem to be the real deal for 13€. But the odd thing about these are the Burn-in instructions included.

These methods seem a little bit whacky to me. Anyway, I thought this was kind of curious.
The earphones sound great for that price and already replaced my modded KZ ZS3 as everyday IEM.
They provide almost as good isolation as ZS3 with foam tips. I am using Comply TS-400 Medium.
Button controls work with Fiio X1 as in Play/Pause Next/Prev track with +/-. In iPod touch, the +/- buttons control volume and Play/Pause work the same. The only downside is the cable. When taken out of the box, cable is deformed in several places. I'm trying to tame the plasticky shape with transparent tape, as it shares the same color, but I'm not confident.
I'll burn them as usual, with normal music at normal levels. I don't think these exotic rituals are necessary.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #6,690 of 31,867
Just received these CI880/C630 from Aliexpress under the "2018 3.5MM Water Drop In-ear Hi-Fi Music Headsets HD Speaker Noise Reduction earbud headphones For Smartphone for computer" name... and they seem to be the real deal for 13€. But the odd thing about these are the Burn-in instructions included.

These methods seem a little bit whacky to me. Anyway, I thought this was kind of curious.
The earphones sound great for that price and already replaced my modded KZ ZS3 as everyday IEM.
They provide almost as good isolation as ZS3 with foam tips. I am using Comply TS-400 Medium.
Button controls work with Fiio X1 as in Play/Pause Next/Prev track with +/-. In iPod touch, the +/- buttons control volume and Play/Pause work the same. The only downside is the cable. When taken out of the box, cable is deformed in several places. I'm trying to tame the plasticky shape with transparent tape, as it shares the same color, but I'm not confident.
I'll burn them as usual, with normal music at normal levels. I don't think these exotic rituals are necessary.

The package is exactly the same as mine Listed as 25$ in the e-mi store. You surely got the real Deal. And you make sure to remove the black plastic adhesive from the nozzle right ?

IMG_20180206_201052.jpg

I stayed almost one hour listening to them with the filter and thinking the sound was thin lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20180205_165431.jpg
    IMG_20180205_165431.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back