CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 6, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #6,691 of 31,845
Oh :anguished: There are black filters in the nozzle. Thanks for that, I didn´t know.

I've just removed them, but I had some trouble with the second one. It's a two-layer filter, with the black one on top and the metallic ultra-fine sheet underneath.
The first black filter peeled just fine. The second one stuck with the metallic sheet and both came out, so I separated them and re-applied the metal one to the nozzle.
Maybe the sound is a little bit more trebble-focused but a little less warm. But just a little bit.
I´ve decided to leave the filters on. If burn-in changes anything in the sound signature maybe I can try some experiments.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #6,692 of 31,845
Oh. There are black filters in the nozzle. Thanks for that, I didn´t know.

I've just removed them, but I had some trouble with the second one. It's a two-layer filter, with the black one on top and the metallic ultra-fine sheet underneath.
The first black filter was peeled just fine. The second one was stuck with the metallic sheet and both came out, so I separated them and re-applied the metal one to the nozzle.
Maybe the sound is a little bit more trebble-focused but a little less warm. But just a little bit.
I´ve decided to leave the filters on. If burn-in changes anything in the sound signature maybe I can try some experiments

Yeah, the filter is glued to the nozzle and the nozzle is quite fragile. Well, If you prefer the sound without the filter, it's up to you. I was liking the sound with the filters on, until I did an A / B with the einsear T2 and tought that the sound in e-mi was too thin and lacking life. So i took of, and voi la! A full, lively and detailed sound. So, If i was you i would try Brain burn in with the filters off. But it's your call. And yeah, they are treble focussed iems, but i find them less fatiguing than your swing or Zst. I see you have a FiiO e70k like Mine. They are a warm source. E-mi without filter and +2 Bass on them would sound Just fine. But i like them without filter even on my phone.

Feb 6, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #6,694 of 31,845
I decided to mess around with broken RT-1 dynamic driver. I managed to open them up without any damage to the membrane, unwind a little bit of coil wires and solder them again to the back circuit board.
Some miracle happened and the speaker actually works. This was the first time that I attempted to do something like this and the fact that it works baffles me. I also have the most basic of equipment, go figure...

The only issue has been the substance used to cover these coil wires on the back of the driver. I used a chewing gum and a bit of tape over it so that it isn't sticky - strokes of a genius obviously. But hey, if it works...

I am going to experiment a bit but then I will attempt to rebuild Auglamour RT-1 with it's single dynamic driver and a front vent of sorts where the BAs were originally.

Feb 6, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #6,695 of 31,845
The package is exactly the same as mine Listed as 25$ in the e-mi store. You surely got the real Deal. And you make sure to remove the black plastic adhesive from the nozzle right ?

I stayed almost one hour listening to them with the filter and thinking the sound was thin lol.

Why on earth they did that is beyond me.

face palm.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #6,696 of 31,845
So, a few pages back people here mentioned these Yersen Fen-2000, at the same time they appeared on audiobudget FB and the guy seems to like them very much.

Well, i am wanting Tin Audio T2 for a few time, but these Yersen appeared and they have such a incredible package that i think i will borrow them instead of saving money for the next Tin Audio deal.
So i take the FR Graphs of of the two and improvised a comparirsion as you can see below.

The black line is Tin Audio and the Blue is Yersen. The graphs belonh to the site credited.

By the Fr graphs the Yersen maybe are indeed a great deal. Links to them can be achieved in that thread. Just use search buttom. Some people here, i think two, grabbed them, so lets wait for the impression, Anyway i think i'm grabbing these by the end of the week lol.
Apresentação1.jpg

I know that Igor had a probem with head-fi in the past but the original work and information of audiobudget.com should be credited.

I would be happy to read some interpretation of the comparision FR graph of the most experienced ones. I know it just measures volume, but anyway.

Off topic: @Nymphonomaniac, I received the TDA1305 that i got under your recommendation, but mine its just one chip, not dual. 10$ and they are insanely good for the price. You only need to avoid bright headphones with them. They are not warm and super detailed, A better high end resolution then my Fiio E70k. It's not better then the FiiO, but it's a different signature that matches my superlux better then the FiiO. The two together provides a crystal clear sound, but the e-mi doesn't go as well with them as it goes with the Fiio, you know. They should be able to drive ~100 ohms well by the volume that i got with the superlux and faaeal 64ohms. I'm flattered.
IMG_20180206_202141.jpg

For those who are interested here's the link for information(unavailble), aparantly this chip where used in ancients high end amplifiers, they must be almost free for the manufacturer of the board: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/CM10...SB-Sound-Card-DAC-Decoder-5V/32573606443.html

Feb 6, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #6,697 of 31,845
Why on earth they did that is beyond me.

Well, in my case, they are not black plastic adhesive patches. They are black filters like the ones you find on so many IEMs. They are part of the the design and are clearly stuck to the ultra-thin grill underneath. Maybe there are different models and material around, but mine are clearly filters. And after some tinkering, they do not block sound at all, or at least I can't really find a substantial difference.

To make a comparison, they are half the thickness of the ones in RE-400 and similar or a bit thinner than the ones in KZ ZS3.

Maybe they produced different versions and materials over time.

Feb 6, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #6,698 of 31,845
So, a few pages back people here mentioned these Yersen Fen-2000, at the same time they appeared on audiobudget FB and the guy seems to like them very much.

Well, i am wanting Tin Audio T2 for a few time, but these Yersen appeared and they have such a incredible package that i think i will borrow them instead of saving money for the next Tin Audio deal.
So i take the FR Graphs of of the two and improvised a comparirsion as you can see below.

The black line is Tin Audio and the Blue is Yersen. The graphs belonh to the site credited.

By the Fr graphs the Yersen maybe are indeed a great deal. Links to them can be achieved in that thread. Just use search buttom. Some people here, i think two, grabbed them, so lets wait for the impression, Anyway i think i'm grabbing these by the end of the week lol.

I know that Igor had a probem with head-fi in the past but the original work and information of audiobudget.com should be credited.

I would be happy to read some interpretation of the comparision FR graph of the most experienced ones. I know it just measures volume, but anyway.

Off topic: @Nymphonomaniac, I received the TDA1305 that i got under your recommendation, but mine its just one chip, not dual. 10$ and they are insanely good for the price. You only need to avoid bright headphones with them. They are not warm and super detailed, A better high end resolution then my Fiio E70k. It's not better then the FiiO, but it's a different signature that matches my superlux better then the FiiO. The two together provides a crystal clear sound, but the e-mi doesn't go as well with them as it goes with the Fiio, you know. They should be able to drive ~100 ohms well by the volume that i got with the superlux and faaeal 64ohms. I'm flattered.

For those who are interested here's the link for information(unavailble), aparantly this chip where used in ancients high end amplifiers, they must be almost free for the manufacturer of the board: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/CM10...SB-Sound-Card-DAC-Decoder-5V/32573606443.html

graphs don't tell about soundstaging and frequency bleeding though..so be wary..

also if relying on the graphs, the Yersen would have thin mid bass and even thinner sub bass, and that is compared to the T2 than is already quite lean on bass department. I think i'll wait for more reviews before taking a dive

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #6,699 of 31,845
The black line is Tin Audio and the Blue is Yersen.

Holy moly, I guess I never realized how bass light the Tin Audio T2 is.

This is the 1st time I've seen a FR graph. And yes, I understand FR doesn't tell the whole story. But they can still give an idea of what to expect (at least with regards to the actual sound, not other characteristics).

I assume the bass is the reason why a lot of people recommend the mods to the bass port (blue tac, micropore, etc)?

I know they have good mids, and people seem to rave about them in general. But I'm kinda glad I didn't jump on the T2 hype train.

Unless I'm missing something?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #6,700 of 31,845

I can't help but notice your strain reliefs. Why do they look jacked up/tore up? Maybe it's the lighting or the angle of the photo, but mine don't look like that.

Regular wear and tear?

Feb 6, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #6,702 of 31,845

This is the 1st time I've seen a FR graph. And yes, I understand FR doesn't tell the whole story. But they can still give an idea of what to expect (at least with regards to the actual sound, not other characteristics).

I assume the bass is the reason why a lot of people recommend the mods to the bass port (blue tac, micropore, etc)?

I know they have good mids, and people seem to rave about them in general. But I'm kinda glad I didn't jump on the T2 hype train.

the T2 is not really bass light, but it has emphasis on the really low sub bass while keeping the mid bass thin/ even, that's why it has a really clear mid and treble section. using the bass port mod will increase the mid bass a little bit

Feb 6, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #6,703 of 31,845
I'm trying to tame them into shape with some white tape. They arrived bent yesterday because of the cable folding inside that rubber box.

Ah, that explains it. If the tape doesn't work for you, give a hair dryer a try. I've had good luck straightening wires with a hair dryer in the past.

Yeah, as cool and compact as the rubber packaging was, I was not at all pleased when I took everything out and saw how they wrapped the IEM inside of the case.

Way too much strain/bend/pressure on the 2 most fragile areas of any IEM, resulting in permanent kinks - right at the 3.5mm plug, and right at both IEM strain reliefs.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #6,704 of 31,845

People think that re400 is bass light while in fact it's slightly warm. T2 is a tad bit lighter than re400 in bass but not by much. This probably makes T2 couple od dB shy of perfectly reference bass.
Look at it like this, this specific graph shows T2 vs a V shaped frequency response. It's around 10dB less around 50Hz which is exactly as expected. A thing to point out: most IEMs have a bump like this around 100Hz and a roll off towards 20Hz while T2 doesn't and has a gradual slope resulting in a feeling that sub is stronger relative to bass in comparison to competition.

Feb 7, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #6,705 of 31,845
Rebuilt Auglamour RT-1 with just dynamic driver. It sounds better... I used a BA hole to make a pressure relief - I added lots of earbud foam in it so that it keeps most of the bass. It's not V shaped now but a genuine balanced signature with hints of warmth.
I am completely confused as to why they decided to include a full range BA. This might be the case where they just put that BA in the nozzle for the bragging rights, good thing that they added bunch of resistance to that BA so that it almost ends up being useless.
Good thing is that their DD is a beast and easily bests KZ's 4 driver IEMs without even trying.

I feel a bit bad to bash a company such as Auglamour, but in the end, I am just saying what my experience has been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back