CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 7, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #6,721 of 31,845
Thank you very much ! Unfortunately that e-bay site says it does not ship to Chile where I live - I am persuading the seller :wink:.

I had seen this other
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-Coaxi...282893&hash=item1a3bdc29c7:g:ZaIAAOSwgv5ZQk4N

Would it be the same ? Thanks once again !
Best regards

Hum, the one you link do not have headphone output and cost more than 2 times than the DOuk Audio and just have a single DAC as the 10$ one. I would not suggest to buy it, as I rave about ultimate sound value....in fact, it isn't a USB dac....I think its a very absurd device wich need external power supply as well. Dude, stay away from this you will transform you budget audiophile life into hell perhaps with that!

If you can't find any seller that ship to Chile, perhaps this one is a better bet, DAC chip is legendary:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SA9...Card-Board-Support-24bit-96K/32789786024.html

About chinese DAC AMP I begin a thread and should go back to it....anybody that wanna share impressions about DIY or chinese DAC AMP go there:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imp...budget-chinese-amp-dac-reference-list.853311/

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #6,722 of 31,845
Jean Michel Jarre Equinoxe - I thought I was the only one into him.
WINNER!
Oh...but no price for this unknow contest...
Well, hehe, Jean Michel Jarre and passionate of vintage synth go well togheter:wink:
I really love Cluster (Kluster) too, and german experimental electronic scene.
For ambient, fave contemporary artist are Tim Hecker & Fennesz.

But about vinyl, damn! Youtube sound better (with usb dac) than my turntable!

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #6,723 of 31,845
Thank you very much ! Unfortunately that e-bay site says it does not ship to Chile where I live - I am persuading the seller :wink:.

I had seen this other
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-Coaxi...282893&hash=item1a3bdc29c7:g:ZaIAAOSwgv5ZQk4N

Would it be the same ? Thanks once again !
Best regards

If you really wanna try the tda1305 this one has the same design as mine and is 11$, i buyed from another seller that expired the advertisement.

CM108 TDA1305T TDA1308 3.5mm Output USB Amp USB Sound Card DAC Decoder 5V new
http://s.aliexpress.com/MnEriymu?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #6,724 of 31,845
Hum, the one you link do not have headphone output and cost more than 2 times than the DOuk Audio and just have a single DAC as the 10$ one. I would not suggest to buy it, as I rave about ultimate sound value....in fact, it isn't a USB dac....I think its a very absurd device wich need external power supply as well. Dude, stay away from this you will transform you budget audiophile life into hell perhaps with that!

If you can't find any seller that ship to Chile, perhaps this one is a better bet, DAC chip is legendary:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SA9...Card-Board-Support-24bit-96K/32789786024.html

About chinese DAC AMP I begin a thread and should go back to it....anybody that wanna share impressions about DIY or chinese DAC AMP go there:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imp...budget-chinese-amp-dac-reference-list.853311/

Thank you for the warning !! I was about to make a mistake. The Alliexpress suggestion looks very interesting, thanks. Much appreciated !

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #6,725 of 31,845
Thank you for the warning !! I was about to make a mistake. The Alliexpress suggestion looks very interesting, thanks. Much appreciated !
yeah, Paulindss suggest exactly what you search.^^^

Happy to help.
Other dac I suggest hasn't been tested by me or any headfier I know....but Sabre ES9018 DAC chip is very respected and one of my favorite sound decoder. Can be found in Ibasso DX90, Xduoo X20, Shanling H3 and lot of other +200$ DAP or DAC-AMP. WOuld have test it if I do not have 2 DAP using this dac hehe

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #6,726 of 31,845
If you really wanna try the tda1305 this one has the same design as mine and is 11$, i buyed from another seller that expired the advertisement.

CM108 TDA1305T TDA1308 3.5mm Output USB Amp USB Sound Card DAC Decoder 5V new
http://s.aliexpress.com/MnEriymu?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

Thank you very much for the info, very kind !

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #6,727 of 31,845
I have a carbo tenore, which I heard is like the e2000 but with less sub bass

I might be biased since its a japanese company and my first real IEM, but I really love it. Its the most comfortable out of all my audio gear, and can handle all genres extremely well.

The only thing it really lacks in is sub bass (regular bass is punchy enough for me), and if the e2000 fixes that, it would probably be perfect for me.

People often complain about Zero Audio's build quality with their budget IEMs, but I've had them for a year and they are perfectly fine. As long as you don't manhandle them (like straight up stuffing them in your pocket/backpack or throwing them around) they shouldn't break on you.

If you're looking for a carbo tenore with more bass then look no further than it's newer bigger brother...the carbo mezzo. Everything about it to me is better. I love the Zero Audio tuning. Their Duoza is one of my all time favorites.

Feb 7, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #6,728 of 31,845
P.S:

I receive my second pair of Z5000 from Hotfi.
Will ask again to be sure if its the second version because I do not hear big difference....will test more but i'm releive: they sound as fabulous as the one from HCK.
MAN, I love them so much, now i'm certain to be able to enjoy them more longer with a second pair.
One thing to note, for the.....fancy difficult people about iem esthetic, its that the housing can have scratch as its brushed metal. But they can't be broke....so, choose your camp!

P2070386.JPG

Feb 7, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #6,729 of 31,845
A while ago Banggood.com had a pre-sale on the Auglamour F100 for $13 and I placed an order. Received the earphone today and am very pleased with it. The shells are solid metal injection molded Zinc Alloy. The driver is high performance 10mm dynamic with Ultra thin Bio-Diaphragm. The cable is not removable but seems to be good quality. The bass is well controlled with a slight mid bass emphasis, the mids are well positioned and balanced with the treble that is detailed with sparkle but not as edgy as some balanced armature treble drivers. Although the over all presentation is very detailed and fun there is still a nice warmth to the tone of this earphone. I have the RT1 and there is some similarities in their tuning, I did find the bass more textured in the F100 and the mids are slightly more forward in the F100 Banggood still has this earphone for $13 and at this price I feel it is was a great purchase for me.

20180207_174009.jpg 20180207_174026.jpg 20180207_174400.jpg 20180207_174441.jpg 20180207_174539.jpg

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #6,730 of 31,845
okay, listened to z5000 for few hours last night.. and it's kinda heavy i must say, as in physically heavy. My ears felt a little sore. I'm having some issues getting the earphones stay inside my ear. How are you guys wearing it? over the ear? my mmcx cable is with the memory cable, didn't quite like it. tried a few tips (starline kz, spinfit), but the tip that came with it seemed to work best for me.

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #6,731 of 31,845
P.S:

Will ask again to be sure if its the second version because I do not hear big difference....will test more but i'm releive: they sound as fabulous as the one from HCK.
MAN, I love them so much, now i'm certain to be able to enjoy them more longer with a second pair.
One thing to note, for the.....fancy difficult people about iem esthetic, its that the housing can have scratch as its brushed metal. But they can't be broke....so, choose your camp!

What cables are you using for the Z5000?

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #6,732 of 31,845
P.S:

When did you order your 2nd pair of z5000s?

I was told by hot fi on January 22nd that the "new version" of the z5000 would be finished in 10 days, so you would have had to order after Feburary 1st in order to get it
ff439a1d430369624174149a3485d41a
aliexpre.png

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #6,733 of 31,845
okay, listened to z5000 for few hours last night.. and it's kinda heavy i must say, as in physically heavy. My ears felt a little sore. I'm having some issues getting the earphones stay inside my ear. How are you guys wearing it? over the ear? my mmcx cable is with the memory cable, didn't quite like it. tried a few tips (starline kz, spinfit), but the tip that came with it seemed to work best for me.

Take off the memory wire and use foam tips

I can use it over ear or cable down

@SilverLodestar

It looks like the KZ mmcx cable to me

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #6,734 of 31,845
WINNER!
Oh...but no price for this unknow contest...
Well, hehe, Jean Michel Jarre and passionate of vintage synth go well togheter:wink:
I really love Cluster (Kluster) too, and german experimental electronic scene.
For ambient, fave contemporary artist are Tim Hecker & Fennesz.

But about vinyl, damn! Youtube sound better (with usb dac) than my turntable!

Just to show my age :wink:

jarre.jpg

all first pressings bought when they came out.

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #6,735 of 31,845
If you're looking for a carbo tenore with more bass then look no further than it's newer bigger brother...the carbo mezzo. Everything about it to me is better. I love the Zero Audio tuning. Their Duoza is one of my all time favorites.

I've owned the mezzo once, didn't like it very much...mostly because of fitting problem (the sound got choked by the eartips when inserted)..sold it almost instantly.
i prefer the Svara Red which is comparable to the mezzo with better and more coherent sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back