CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 3, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #5,612 of 31,833
Sorry to rant guys, but I've been trying to sell some of my rarely used Chi-fi on my local Kijiji classifieds for quite some time and have had no luck. No one has ever responded to my ad. NO ONE! Rarely get any views either!!

These people have no idea what they're missing out on smh. Most ads in the headphone section are either beats, monster, or skull candy which I guess explains why people never notice my ads, cause they only buy "legitimate" brands. Smh. And beats/monster are overkill in bass, at least my Plextone 41M has super strong bass but don't mud out the other frequencies.

223cli.jpg

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #5,613 of 31,833
Sometimes I wonder if you keep a massive spreadsheet of every useful research ever posted in ant Head-fi thread :xf_eek:
Or you are very good and patient with the search function.

Yes and yes.

Even though my memory is far from reliable or perfect, I do remember obscure stuff (useful in my IT career). I also usually remember THAT a specific topic was discussed, even though I may not exactly remember when or where.

That's why when I come across something of value (even if I think I'll need it later on), or something is asked for on a regular basis, I bookmark it with a meaningful title. Then I can just search my bookmarks and locate a post quickly and easily. A perfect example is my ZST foam mod, which people ask for on a semi-regular basis.

Finally, I am fairly proficient at finding stuff using the search function. I can sometimes narrow the date when a topic was discussed to a somewhat small window, so using the "Newer Than" function of the search is very helpful (otherwise leaving that blank can return boatloads of posts from years ago that you have to then sift through). It's also helpful to narrow down the member that said X or Y if I can remember it, which helps narrow searches down even further (for example, I specifically remembered it was @loomisjohnson who mentioned ordering the BossHifi B3S to compare it to the standard B3). Then of course knowing which specific thread or threads to search within narrows it down yet again (for example, only searching the KZ thread). Finally, it's just a matter of figuring out unique keywords to zero in with, while only having to look through as few posts in the returned search results as possible.

For example, let's say I want to find the excellent post @CoiL did a long while ago, pertaining to the ATE, where he summarized all of the different generations of ATE and the differences of each. I don't remember exactly when it was posted or in which specific thread, so I can't narrow it down using that. Therefore, I'll just have to search "all" threads and all dates, but I can at least specify the member "CoiL", and specify terms that I remember from the post (such as the color of the drivers being red and blue, and additional words I remember being in the post such as "ATE" and "generation"). So for the keywords I'll enter "ATE driver blue red generation".

Doing that search, I get exactly (3) results returned, and the post I'm looking for is the very top one. Easy as pie (with some luck thrown in): https://www.head-fi.org/search/5049...o]=0&c[p][sonnb_xengallery_photo][aperture]=0

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #5,614 of 31,833
Sorry to rant guys, but I've been trying to sell some of my rarely used Chi-fi on my local Kijiji classifieds for quite some time and have had no luck. No one has ever responded to my ad. NO ONE! Rarely get any views either!!

These people have no idea what they're missing out on smh. Most ads in the headphone section are either beats, monster, or skull candy which I guess explains why people never notice my ads, cause they only buy "legitimate" brands. Smh. And beats/monster are overkill in bass, at least my Plextone 41M has super strong bass but don't mud out the other frequencies.

223cli.jpg

We've all got some stuff we don't listen to anymore. Post a trade listing on here and maybe folks wIll want to trade for things they've never heard.

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #5,615 of 31,833

We've all got some stuff we don't listen to anymore. Post a trade listing on here and maybe folks wIll want to trade for things they've never heard.

Yeah, I've never even heard of Kijiji. So post this stuff on the HeadFi classifieds board (which I check all of the time), and you'll have better luck I'm sure!

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #5,616 of 31,833
Yeah, I've never even heard of Kijiji. So post this stuff on the HeadFi classifieds board (which I check all of the time), and you'll have better luck I'm sure!

Kijiji is basically the Canadian equivalent of Craiglist, I'm sure any fellow Canucks in this thread will know what I'm talking about :wink:

Anyways I have heard that head-fi has their own classifieds, maybe I'll go check it out

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #5,617 of 31,833
Received this TRN V10 and it's very dissapointing..sound is so veiled. No subbass, recessed mids and extremely harsh/peircing highs. I've sealed the vents and dampened the BA's nozzle with a tiny sponge foam and still sounds very bad. KZ ZST sounds even better night and day difference. The only positive thing is the fit and seal to my ears. Better save your money and get the pioneer ch9t or ibasso it01.
20180103_185850.jpg

Jan 3, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #5,618 of 31,833
Received this TRN V10 and it's very dissapointing..sound is so veiled. No subbass, recessed mids and extremely harsh/peircing highs. I've sealed the vents and dampened the BA's nozzle with a tiny sponge foam and still sounds very bad. KZ ZST sounds even better night and day difference. The only positive thing is the fit and seal to my ears. Better save your money and get the pioneer ch9t or ibasso it01.
God damn. This is why ZS5 sound so good, because its NOT an esthetic chirurgy BS IEM....sound is VEILED AND TREBLY at same time?? What....who would even try to acheive this type of contradictory agression.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I really hate to read about things like this when the bad vibe is about an IEM I wait to arrive.

Now it make 2 people saying the same things about TRN V10....

Did I see like a BA driver at the buttom of the nozzle in your picture, like touching your eardrum directly?

Is it a double ba or single?

200.gif

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #5,619 of 31,833
Does IT01 walk all over T2?

It does and big time at that. IT01 is in another league altogether.

BTW I listened briefly to the T2 again and I confirm I hear a treble spike I don't like but it's less pronounced than I remembered.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #5,620 of 31,833
God damn. This is why ZS5 sound so good, because its NOT an esthetic chirurgy BS IEM....sound is VEILED AND TREBLY at same time?? What....who would even try to acheive this type of contradictory agression.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I really hate to read about things like this when the bad vibe is about an IEM I wait to arrive.

Now it make 2 people saying the same things about TRN V10....

Did I see like a BA driver at the buttom of the nozzle in your picture, like touching your eardrum directly?

Is it a double ba or single?

200.gif

The fit is like lying on a couch so relaxing but with needles piercing my butt.,.lol. yeah it's dual BA exactly what looks like in the photo I attached. BA is at the end of the IEM's nozzle just a hairline behind the speaker mesh. I stuffed a tiny piece of sponge foam on that BA nozzle and somewhat tamed the highs a bit but loosing the sparkle and sounds even worse. Can't even stand to listen for a single track extremely painful highs and very sibilant. I am not a bass head and prefers a neutral to bright sound signature. I can withstand some bright IEM's that other people can't but the harshness of this TRN is ridiculously beyond I can listen. The sound quality is really bad for my taste.
2017-EN_11.01.121.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #5,621 of 31,833
I'm looking for something with a higher impedance than normal. 32 ohm at least, 48 would also work. A mate has a Xiaomi mi A1 which apparently does not place nice with low impedance buds at all.

Music taste is mainly rock, some base not a basshead. Likes detail in music, usually happy with sennheiser cx products.

So far I've only found boarseman with one 32 ohm model

Jan 4, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #5,622 of 31,833
After my initial testing of the Svara Red, I encountered fitting issues and bad case of driver flex that i considered of selling them. but today, i finally sat down and really try them (and a bit of tip-rolling), finally found great position to insert them. I'm glad that i didn't sell them, really love the sound. really compliments my TFZ King

Jan 4, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #5,624 of 31,833
Haven't heard much about the Svara Red, was considering buying it on 11.11 but ended up buying nothing at all as I already had KZ ZST and ZS5 on the way.
Did expect some more impressions about them, but I guess not many people bought them during 11.11 either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back