CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 29, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #5,476 of 31,833
Hi everybody, I'm a huge fan of Gustav Mahler's symphonies and i'm looking for IEM under 60$ with a wide soundstage, good mediums and clarity (i don't care about bass and i'm not trebble sensitive).
So what is your advice ? Tin audio T2 ? TFZ Exclusive 3 ? **** 6in1 ? Brainwavz B100 ? ...
Thanks in advance.

Dec 29, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #5,477 of 31,833
The Brainwavz B100 are available for $39.99 at amazon.ca right now. An absolute no brainer - they are fantastic. Single BA driver.

I shall RESIST!

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #5,479 of 31,833
The Brainwavz B100 are available for $39.99 at amazon.ca right now. An absolute no brainer - they are fantastic. Single BA driver.
Hum.....so it got bass too? Just one BA make me very nervous....even if after reading about BA technologie if the size is bigger it can produce more bass. Can you describe a little more what type of sound we get with the B100? and did you have the B200 too. I wanna know too how they compare to Urbanfun hybrid...cause in reviews I read a guy say the B100 and Urbanfun are his favorite.

Anyway. I want you to CONVINCE me not to buy them lol

No, but, seriously, got problem with BA sometime when I listen to loud, so, need a hardcore testing about high volume potentialy causing distortion.

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #5,480 of 31,833
Hi everybody, I'm a huge fan of Gustav Mahler's symphonies and i'm looking for IEM under 60$ with a wide soundstage, good mediums and clarity (i don't care about bass and i'm not trebble sensitive).
So what is your advice ? Tin audio T2 ? TFZ Exclusive 3 ? **** 6in1 ? Brainwavz B100 ? ...
Thanks in advance.
Tinaudio T2 is a good bet, instrument separation and soundstage is mesmerizing for the price. 6in1 are too bassy for classical. Listening right now to Bach concerto...but as im not really in symphonies, perhaps there better choice, anyway, T2 will not disapointed you i'm pretty sure.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #5,481 of 31,833
Tinaudio T2 is a good bet, instrument separation and soundstage is mesmerizing for the price. 6in1 are too bassy for classical. Listening right now to Bach concerto...but as im not really in symphonies, perhaps there better choice, anyway, T2 will not disapointed you i'm pretty sure.

I listen to a fair amount of Mahler, Bruckner, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, etc. The T2s are pretty good, but the mid-range peak at around 500Hz still bothers me with them. Of the iems I have, I would choose the KZ ZS6, the E-MI CI880 or the Urbanfun HiFi over the T2. But, my opinion will be in the minority here.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #5,484 of 31,833
Thanks in advance.

In would also suggest the ZS6.

Dec 30, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #5,485 of 31,833
I listen to a fair amount of Mahler, Bruckner, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, etc. The T2s are pretty good, but the mid-range peak at around 500Hz still bothers me with them. Of the iems I have, I would choose the KZ ZS6, the E-MI CI880 or the Urbanfun HiFi over the T2. But, my opinion will be in the minority here.

It seems that we share the same tastes in classical music :wink: Ok so Tin audio T2 or KZ ZS6 according to your remarks.
I'm reading good things about TFZ Exclusive 3 but I need more comparisons to make a final opinion.

Dec 30, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #5,486 of 31,833
Thanks in advance.
I only know the T2 and the B100. For the Mahler, I'd go with the T2s. But if the somewhat grittier B100 turns out substantially cheaper, I'd go for those. Both are worthy earphones which appear in some "best of 2017" lists (the other two don't). And absolutely not any unbalanced KZ KS5 or KS6 with ear-piercing treble. These KZs are no competition to the aforementioned.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #5,487 of 31,833
I only know the T2 and the B100. For the Mahler, I'd go with the T2s. But if the somewhat grittier B100 turns out substantially cheaper, I'd go for those. Both are worthy earphones which appear in some "best of 2017" lists (the other two don't). And absolutely not any unbalanced KZ KS5 or KS6 with ear-piercing treble. These KZs are no competition to the aforementioned.

I've been deliberating about buying the B100s for £26 off Amazon and you've made me pull the trigger. Yet another pair of earphones to hide from the "boss"

I've justified it as I don't own any single BA earphones and am curious to listen to them given the amount of praise they receive.

I'm assuming the isolation is good as they'll not be vented?

Dec 30, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #5,490 of 31,833
I've been deliberating about buying the B100s for £26 off Amazon and you've made me pull the trigger. Yet another pair of earphones to hide from the "boss"

I've justified it as I don't own any single BA earphones and am curious to listen to them given the amount of praise they receive.

I'm assuming the isolation is good as they'll not be vented?
26 quid is an excellent deal. Yes, the isolation is good. And, don't forget the legendary Etymotic ER-4S at $300 have a single BA driver, also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back